Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 35 of 35

Thread: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

  1. #21

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    It is unclear and unspecific on the degree of "Housekeeping" needs to be done, but I presume here generally works involve only to make classroom neat, tidy, presentable and conducive to learning.

    Learning is not and should not be restricted to only academic and books, it should involve natures like responsibility, morality, and compassion, and practicals like being neat, orderly and environmentally responsible.
    In this case, the youngs must learn to be independent, sensitive and responsible in things around them, especially things they use or involve in their daily activities, it is part of being healthily responsible.
    But of course, I also urge the teacher to get involve physically so to set a good example.

    If the intention and objective is clear and positive, I can't see how I can or should oppose such an activity to be including in the learning process.
    Basically don't spoil your kids by being overly calculative in responsibilities, they will learn to be one when they grow up, and they will apply what they learn to you in return, one day.

  2. #22
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    Quote Originally Posted by Rafael View Post
    Basically don't spoil your kids by being overly calculative in responsibilities, they will learn to be one when they grow up, and they will apply what they learn to you in return, one day.
    The parents learn is all in their companies: scope of work, area of responsibility and the consequences of not keeping to it...
    No wonder the same bloody attitude is seen in the children.
    EOS

  3. #23
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    The parents learn is all in their companies: scope of work, area of responsibility and the consequences of not keeping to it...
    No wonder the same bloody attitude is seen in the children.
    The current generation of parents are at fault.
    Last time: kid make mistake, teacher call parents, kid turn pale.
    Now: kid make mistake, teacher scold kid, parents call teacher, teacher turn pale.

    I completed PV for my kid at more than 40.5 hrs, 30++ mins more than the stipulated 40 hours, and I did not made any comment.
    Got parent volunteer from same batch, went argue and count to include the few minutes when she arrive early or went off late.

    It's called volunteer for goodness sake, and you are contributing for the good of the school where your kid will be studying in.

    I wouldn't be surprised how her kid turn out to be a piece of shat who is good at academics, but with shatty personality.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 24th November 2013 at 03:06 AM.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  4. #24

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    from the various comment, it appeared that parents are the one that need to know more.

    Besides home, school is the other place where a child can learn. Sometimes a child will listen more to a teacher than his/her parents. A child knows what the right from wrong. The know what is reasonable. they know what is morally right. By telling the child, the message may go to the parents. However if parents do not get the message, the child will suffer.

  5. #25

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    when i was still in secondary school, we had to clean our own classrooms. we had to clean our own CCA rooms. we had to help out sometimes with cleaning the school compound too.

    cleaning is learning too. for example, you learn how to use the broom effectively.

    you also learn the most efficient ways to clean.

    and you also learn how to launder money

  6. #26
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    you also learn the most efficient ways to clean.
    Which is: Make it look clean without too much efforts
    EOS

  7. #27

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    when i was still in secondary school, we had to clean our own classrooms. we had to clean our own CCA rooms. we had to help out sometimes with cleaning the school compound too.

    cleaning is learning too. for example, you learn how to use the broom effectively.

    you also learn the most efficient ways to clean.

    and you also learn how to launder money
    Not to mention you get to know your crush

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Which is: Make it look clean without too much efforts
    outsource it to fellow students

  8. #28
    Senior Member giantcanopy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    6,232

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    from the various comment, it appeared that parents are the one that need to know more.
    The nucleus of them all.

    Also, the increasingly customer-service oriented approach adopted by schools amongst many other institutions is not helping either.

  9. #29

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    The nucleus of them all.

    Also, the increasingly customer-service oriented approach adopted by schools amongst many other institutions is not helping either.
    The principals do not know how to apply it!

    Most of them never step out of the schools or MOE.
    Last edited by Yappy; 2nd December 2013 at 07:18 AM.

  10. #30
    Moderator keithwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LittleRedDot
    Posts
    7,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giantcanopy View Post
    The nucleus of them all. Also, the increasingly customer-service oriented approach adopted by schools amongst many other institutions is not helping either.
    Well , it's a tough balance between satisfying this new breed of parents who see escalation to the press and MOE for the slightest issue (like my kid couldn't buy food cause recess of 45mins is too short) and sticking to upholding one's integrity as a school leader and not simply just rolling over to whoever is the stronger side when monster parents appear

  11. #31

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    Well , it's a tough balance between satisfying this new breed of parents who see escalation to the press and MOE for the slightest issue (like my kid couldn't buy food cause recess of 45mins is too short) and sticking to upholding one's integrity as a school leader and not simply just rolling over to whoever is the stronger side when monster parents appear
    The kids ought to learn to survive on their own
    It is a world of big fish eats the small fish.
    How long can parents protect their children?

  12. #32
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,390

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post
    The kids ought to learn to survive on their own
    It is a world of big fish eats the small fish.
    How long can parents protect their children?
    Exactly. Next time your kids want to cross the road just let them do You can have the fun of making new ones afterwards, again.
    EOS

  13. #33

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    i had to clean toilet during my school time...
    Objection !!!

  14. #34
    Member Foxshade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    In cat's stomach
    Posts
    849

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    i had to clean toilet during my school time...
    Same.... when complain to my ma or pa, will kena whack by them, cuz they think I must be punished washing toilet for something I did wrongly....

    Now, the school will kena whack by parents. We were born in the wrong time.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

  15. #35

    Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

    Quote Originally Posted by Octarine View Post
    Exactly. Next time your kids want to cross the road just let them do You can have the fun of making new ones afterwards, again.
    ..U are right.

    Let them do whatever they like and you will have the excuse to make more babies...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •