Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

Default CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

This happened in a school...

"A" advised a teacher to get the students to do some housekeeping for the classroom.

The teacher replied: "students are here to study and not to do cleaning"

Default Re: CLEANING FOR THE NEW GENERATION

Quote Originally Posted by Yappy View Post

"A" advised a teacher to get the students to do some housekeeping for the classroom.

That's right.

In my times we took turns to clean the school toilets too.

Oh.. now I understand why things happened the way they are in my office

Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Not really.
    I was very helpful, guiding users, giving IT tips until a PA sent me two files, one excel, and one word, with a note: Can you help me do the mailmerge for my boss with the template from the word doc, and the name list in the excel file.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Not really.
    I was very helpful, guiding users, giving IT tips until a PA sent me two files, one excel, and one word, with a note: Can you help me do the mailmerge for my boss with the template from the word doc, and the name list in the excel file.
    I take it the PA was ugly ?

Ugly but willing?

I treat pretty and ugly idiots who expect being spoon fed equally.
    Last edited by Foxshade; 18th November 2013 at 04:08 PM.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post

I treat pretty and ugly idiots who expect being spoon fed equally.
    So do I.... and the amount of infractions I've received...
    Alpha

Not quite. Some have belief they are not there to work, they are helping the company's 'value add'.

Ya, by increasing its costs.

We are focusing too much on academic results and ignoring social science. Bringing up a new generation without a heart will make our society like living in a robotic world.

Those days where kids were told to save water by brushing your teeth with a cup. picking up piece of paper on the floor or sweeping and cleaning the class room. Say good morning to your teachers and goodbye when they leave.

We want our schools to be all the same and the best. Not just academically but also in social skills. Start with the primary schools.

The generation of compliance, complains, lawsuits and other things being overblown. The generation of "Not my business".
    US style corporate madness successfully applied to society. Congratulations
    EOS

I suppose this student is not local ... Hahaha
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

Blog Entries

i understand that in NSF they now hire external contractors to do area cleaning ...... LMFAO !!!
    shaddap and just shoot .... up close
    Walkeast

Quote Originally Posted by ed9119 View Post
    i understand that in NSF they now hire external contractors to do area cleaning ...... LMFAO !!!
    Yes they do.

U spend 50 percent of your time in school. It is like your home.

Don't you think it is only proper to keep it clean? It is a social responsibility. Just like clearing the table at the food centre... how would you feel if the table/chair you using is clean when you sit on it
    Last edited by Yappy; 23rd November 2013 at 07:44 AM.

Oh come on... Guys. Don't be so critical of the newer generation. I don't think there is anything particularly incorrect about the points raised, but that we are subscribers of the same philosophy, whether we realize it or not.

I mean, who cleans their own office, where we spend half of our work days in? Or pick up minor litter in public areas such as the bus or the train, particularly when it is obstructing public convenience?

And NSFs are all still made to clean the area to instill discipline. Although an external contractor is hired, and they typically clean the area every morning, trainees and other ranks are still subjected to cleanliness inspections at other parts of the day. In addition, the personal areas are not cleaned by the contractors, for obvious reasons.

So just chill lah. I know the younger generation didn't have to go through all the hardship that you experienced in the '60s and '70s. As an '80s kid, I know I got it better than all of you seniors. But a different form of thinking isn't exactly a bad way of thinking.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    Oh come on... Guys. Don't be so critical of the newer generation. I don't think there is anything particularly incorrect about the points raised, but that we are subscribers of the same philosophy, whether we realize it or not.

I mean, who cleans their own office, where we spend half of our work days in? Or pick up minor litter in public areas such as the bus or the train, particularly when it is obstructing public convenience?

And NSFs are all still made to clean the area to instill discipline. Although an external contractor is hired, and they typically clean the area every morning, trainees and other ranks are still subjected to cleanliness inspections at other parts of the day. In addition, the personal areas are not cleaned by the contractors, for obvious reasons.

So just chill lah. I know the younger generation didn't have to go through all the hardship that you experienced in the '60s and '70s. As an '80s kid, I know I got it better than all of you seniors. But a different form of thinking isn't exactly a bad way of thinking.
    No wonder we need more cleaners, maid, etc. from foreign countries. We can't do it ourselves nowadays.
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post

We need manpower. Cleaning can be part of the NSF schedule/program. I think many don't how to sweep the floor or wash the toilet. It is a life skill. Don't take it for granted.

For those who has not swept the floor before, try it and you will see that it is not easy!

We need manpower. Cleaning can be part of the NSF schedule/program. I think many don't how to sweep the floor or wash the toilet. It is a life skill. Don't take it for granted.
    We also need rug sack carriers for NSF...
    ~Ansel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    That's right.

In my times we took turns to clean the school toilets too.
    So who washes the toilet at home?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast