Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Highest quality photographic prints!

Default Highest quality photographic prints!

Anyone know what is the highest quality prints? What type of paper can give high saturation and colour? example, kodak or fuji paper and their print types. Right now i am using fuji crystal archive paper develop from beautiful memories. Any recommendation as to where as well? thank!

i have a set using the same type of paper that you are using. pretty good colours. (fujicolor crystal archive paper supreme)

how much did they charge you for it?

actually the best print will be from a properly calibrated epson photo printer on epson photo matt paper.
    but the general fuji lab prints are also ok.
    sigh.

epson inkjet. lyson paper/media with custom profile.

tough on the pocket but pretty good results for me.

Jus wondering those photo printer are they better than lab photo? In term of quality? Photolab are not the best prints?

good paper media. correct printing profiles. it would be above par with any lab.

I saw those photographers' work in exhibition which are framed up, are those usually photolab prints or printer photo? They have very good saturation and colour and usually glossy to give the colour look more vivid. Anyone knows?

nothing beats a lambda print or lightjet print. A few photogs have now gone the inkjet route for exhibits and they look swell as well, but thats when u use the top epson/hp printers. I personally prefer lightjet for exhibitions.

ha ha ha,

med school = mad school
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Quote Originally Posted by szekiat
    nothing beats a lambda print or lightjet print. A few photogs have now gone the inkjet route for exhibits and they look swell as well, but thats when u use the top epson/hp printers. I personally prefer lightjet for exhibitions.
    What is lightjet prints? I have never heard of it?

Thanks Drudkh! So do you know where can i print with lightjet! Any lab using lightjet printer?

check the yellow pages for instant digital. Fotohub does it too at its Raffles Place branch. Instant digital is my preference for their friendly service.

Default printing/processing technique

Lightjet is using red/green/blue lasers for imaging on photographic paper. Hence the final images must be chemical processed, right?

Fujifim digital print is in fact chemically processed, is the exposure method different from Lightjet?

How is Kodak digital print? Using Dye-sublimation technique?

Any comment?

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by joezzz
    Thanks Drudkh! So do you know where can i print with lightjet! Any lab using lightjet printer?
    The lightjet is just another Lambda type setup, both use 36 bit colour space and RGB laser heads on to real photographic paper etc, so for that matter does the Kodak Pegasus and a few others.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by joezzz
    Anyone know what is the highest quality prints? What type of paper can give high saturation and colour? example, kodak or fuji paper and their print types. Right now i am using fuji crystal archive paper develop from beautiful memories. Any recommendation as to where as well? thank!
    You can try Fujifilm Endura Paper

Quote Originally Posted by jc1
    Lightjet is using red/green/blue lasers for imaging on photographic paper. Hence the final images must be chemical processed, right?

Fujifim digital print is in fact chemically processed, is the exposure method different from Lightjet?

Any comment?

Cheers
    The Fuji Pictography system creates a dye image via colour laserjet which is then transferred to the paper and then chemically exposed on the paper. Unlike the direct laser writing of the Lambda, Pegasus, Lightjet and others.

Kodak offer direct printing (Pegasus, 20P etc) that are damn near impossible to tell from a Lambda print for most smaller sizes. Dye-Sub produces a superior colour transition to inkjets as there are no dots in Dye-Sub. It's main drawback however is cost and lack of choice of papers.
    The Ang Moh from Hell
    Professional Photography - many are called, few are chosen!

Quote Originally Posted by eshotstudio
    You can try Fujifilm Endura Paper
    Endura is kodak paper. not Fuji leh.

Quote Originally Posted by Clown
    actually the best print will be from a properly calibrated epson photo printer on epson photo matt paper.
    but the general fuji lab prints are also ok.
    i agree with u on this....

buten normally labs dun ahve this....and not everyone will buy an epson pro printer....nto cost effective to most...

Quote Originally Posted by jc1

Any comment?

Cheers

I guess those prints from beautiful memories are usually Fujifim digital print and not lightjet prints, even though they use crystal Archive Pape? Can we really tell from a lightjet and pro photo lab prints?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast