Thread: What camera should I get?

Post What camera should I get?

Hey all! My old Nikon digital camera isn't working and I was thinking of getting a new digital camera. I'm not sure what camera to get , can't make up my mind on wheather getting a normal digital camera or a DSLR. For normal digi camera, I was thinking of Nikon CP 4800. For DSLR, was thinking of Nikon D70. Any suggestions guys?

Blog Entries

it depends on your style of shooting
    buy the one that you feel comfortable with

Also it depends if you are brand loyal or you don't mind switching around

How much did you pay for your 4800?

buying a DSLR means permanent commitment.. coz in the end.. u will end up investing thousands of $$ on the lenses and equipment... not to scare u, but most DSLR users usually end up paying 10k or more for their equipment...

i also quote myself now.. i already spend more then 13k on my equipment and still growing... and demanding for better lenses... so i would say. getting a DSLR means commitment...

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    buying a DSLR means permanent commitment.. coz in the end.. u will end up investing thousands of $$ on the lenses and equipment... not to scare u, but most DSLR users usually end up paying 10k or more for their equipment...

i also quote myself now.. i already spend more then 13k on my equipment and still growing... and demanding for better lenses... so i would say. getting a DSLR means commitment...
    sounds pretty scary to me... I have taken the DSLR route but fierce determination stops me from spending more than $1000 so far. all 2nd hand stuff of course.

maybe i'll get a DSLR...wanted to get my hands on one for a long time

hahahahaha... think twice when u upgrade from PnS to DSLR, coz some newbies will get disencourage by the results DSLR give... not because of the camera, but because they are not used and prolly not exposed to the more pro settings u find on them...

it takes time and commitment... if u learn fast, of course u will start to enjoy ur investment earlier, but if u are not.. well... slowly lor...

Deregistered

If undecided, get all.

DSLRs are basically the same as film SLRs right? if they are, i think i will have no problems using a DSLR cam

Hmm, there are subtle differences between SLR and DSLR. Operations-wise, it's slightly more complicated, but it should be pretty easy to pick up.

However, a DSLR doesn't give the same dynamic range compared to film (more sensitive to over/underexposures), and somehow the colours and texture is somewhat different. I also had to take some time trying to adjust to digital after using film for quite some years.