Thread: Leaving on store to sell

Default Leaving on store to sell

I like to ask if it is wise to leave camera at a store and let them sell for you?

Does anybody have similar experience?

I thought of leaving at reputable shop such as John 3:16.

Please give me advice!

Thanks!

*First time selling my own dslr.

Default Re: Leaving on store to sell

Never try BnS first?

Quote Originally Posted by Leroy Chong Jun Wei View Post
    I like to ask if it is wise to leave camera at a store and let them sell for you?

Please give me advice!

Thanks!

Huh? They provide this service meh?

Normally if I wanted to sell... I sell either directly from BnS in Clubsnap or just sell the camera to stores like P&G Cameras, etc. No fuss at all... no need to keep track of whether the third agent had successfully sell the camera for you already or not.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Sell at personal classified section will yield better price for your gears than 2nd shops, if you just want to dispose your gears fast, price it slightly lower, you will able to sell in the same day.
    If encounter lowballers, just ignore them, you can always find buyers if your price is resonable.
    2nd hand shops need to make a profit for every transaction, so they have to buy low sell high, if you put on consignment, may talk very long to sell, this is only good if you can slowly wait.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

And fyi, sell second hand goods need license, don't think jonh 3.16 is doing that.

John 3:16 sells new cameras at a higher price than most other recommended shops. What makes you think they will sell your camera for you on commission?
    Alpha

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    John 3:16 sells new cameras at a higher price than most other recommended shops.
    Not true. I bought my 7D one or two years ago from John. At that time, they sell the cheapest for the 7D. I also got quite a number of lenses from them too. I would say... sometime it sell more expensive for certain items, sometime cheaper.

Same goes for all other recommended shops.
    My lousy shots

Please give me advice!

Thanks!

Even they can do so, what incentive/benefits they get from selling your stuff there?

Selling direct should yield the best results.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

P&G also goes by consignment. Can try the BNS here, or sell your stuff to some of the dealers in this forum if u hate the hassle. For me, i sell to Nikzcam as i dun like the hassle of selling on BNS. Good service, good price (for a dealer IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by Rashkae View Post
    John 3:16 sells new cameras at a higher price than most other recommended shops. What makes you think they will sell your camera for you on commission?
    U should drop by more often. The prices I get from them is attractive enough for me to forgo buying from HK at times.

But yes, they don't really do official second hand selling as they don't have a license. Mostly is they will kindly help ask u around whether is anyone interested in getting a 2nd hand set on your behalf.

I saw 2nd hand equipment at Orient Photo, Sim Lim Sq, 6th floor. Best to drop by and check with the guys about their biz model.
    EOS

Actually i am planning to sell d5200 used for 3 months only in 10/10 condition with warranty and receipt. But there seems to no buyers... how much do you think i should price it at? I have advertisrd for some time already... maybe i priced it too high @ $900

Actually i am planning to sell d5200 used for 3 months only in 10/10 condition with warranty and receipt. But there seems to no buyers... how much do you think i should price it at? I have advertisrd for some time already... maybe i priced it too high @ $900
    Have you done a search for similar items for sale? You'd see the "normal" price range.
    Alpha

Best bet is to take the effort and post online to sell yourself for better price than consignment or selling to shop which you make more loss.

Courts is selling new set at $859.00, a quick Google search of prices of new gray set from other places also around $650.00.

https://www.courts.com.sg/Promotions...3200-DSLR.aspx

if you are a buyer, what you think is a fair price for a used local set?

the longer you hold on to the camera, the lower the selling price, so if you want to get ride fast, just make a offer which more attractive.

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Courts is selling new set at $859.00, a quick Google search of prices of new gray set from other places also around $650.00.

https://www.courts.com.sg/Promotions...3200-DSLR.aspx

if you are a buyer, what you think is a fair price for a used local set?

the longer you hold on to the camera, the lower the selling price, so if you want to get ride fast, just make a offer which more attractive.
    Er... TS is selling D5200 and not D3200.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    Er... TS is selling D5200 and not D3200.
    sorry for the wrong model.

http://www.pricepanda.com.sg/nikon-d...mm-pid1517597/

actually i think the price is not a very big different if buy from those reputable shop. they quoting me D5200 body around $850 only. the lens u can also get cheap cheap from sellers here, so i don't think 900 is appealing enough. maybe try to lower your price even more to make it appealing to customer