View Poll Results: How do you wish to be corrected for grammatical mistakes?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • be corrected by a person in a straight forward/direct/matter of fact manner when i private

18 72.00%
  • be corrected by a person who makes a joke out of it when in private (doesn't seem so teacher-like)

5 20.00%
  • do not wish to be corrected at all.

6 24.00%
  • others (please specify in your thread)

4 16.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: how would you like to be corrected for grammatical mistakes?

Seriously?

Yes, I would like it very much.

It gives me added knowledge, empowerment and skills all for the price of being made a fool of what I should have been aware of to begin with.

Now, the million dollar questions is, how mnay of you could spot the grammatical mistakes in this and explain it in a manner for all to understand?

I offer a prize of 5 pieces of Sandisk 64 MB sd cards for the first person who can find all the grammatical mistakeos here.

Judgement will be based upon sending answers to the British Conncil for verification.

chill feinwekbau (wonder y u choose this oh-so-hard-to-pronounce-nick)... r u getting so worked up that u made those typo errors? or r those intentional..

I lagi siong wan. Speak Engleesh hoh okay okay wan. Does it really matter? We are not in a classroon or competition. As long as you can get your message accross then it should be ok. Not everybody have the same standard as far as the command of the English language is concerned. Imagine someone posting here and every time he post someone will correct his English. I'm sure he will stop posting.

as long as what's writen is got pple understand, can orready. work need to rite good engrish, come forum need to writ good good engrish oso, damn siong.

i voted all except third, others being the first and second in PUBLIC also can..

altho i would say it happens rarely, i feel my english if of a pretty high standard. singlish of course comes in all the time (like above, let me disclaim myself, the "also can" is intended singlish!).

but turning the tables, i dun have a habit of correcting pple at all, in private or public, maybe except my gf or a very close fren. not everyone can accept the fact that speaking a language properly (whether or not it's english) is very important. i feel so, but i won't shove it down anyone.

again disclaimer : spelling mistakes are intended, like "fren" and "dun". just the way i type LAR.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12