Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 101 to 114 of 114

Thread: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

  1. #101

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Is that database for dealers covered under the Second Hand Goods Dealers Act ?

    Personal 2nd hand goods are not covered by this Act if I am not wrong. Of course, I am not a lawyer. I'm just a cat
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  2. #102

    Default

    I have absolutely no clue either Shizuma.

    Am not a lawyer either. Just a guy on reservist with the SPF! Ha.

    Came across it and thought it would be helpful.

  3. #103
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,422

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Is that database for dealers covered under the Second Hand Goods Dealers Act ?
    Personal 2nd hand goods are not covered by this Act if I am not wrong. Of course, I am not a lawyer. I'm just a cat
    I suspect, "dealer" refers to any registered business. Therefore, personal 2nd hand sellers are not covered or obliged to use it.
    The question is: at which quantity / revenue will a personal seller be required to register his activities as business? IRAS would be interested, too
    EOS

  4. #104

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    update update.
    Thief sentenced and completed his 3 month term and deported to home country.
    The owner surprisingly did not counter offer in the Disposal of Goods (where me and the owner try to distribute the impounded items with police mediation) and "refunded " me $$ full sum directly .

    I'm very touched by his generosity and kindness
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  5. #105
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,901

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    update update.
    Thief sentenced and completed his 3 month term and deported to home country.
    The owner surprisingly did not counter offer in the Disposal of Goods (where me and the owner try to distribute the impounded items with police mediation) and "refunded " me $$ full sum directly .

    I'm very touched by his generosity and kindness

    I guess this is still a happy ending, even thou you didn't have happily ever after with the camera.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  6. #106

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    I guess this is still a happy ending, even thou you didn't have happily ever after with the camera.
    thanks uncle Ben. I could always use the money to buy another camera of course... but then I realized I'm perfectly happy using my current camera
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  7. #107

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    thanks uncle Ben. I could always use the money to buy another camera of course... but then I realized I'm perfectly happy using my current camera
    On behalf of Sion

    "Be content with what you have; rejoice in the way things are. When you realize there is nothing lacking, the whole world belongs to you." - Lao Tzu
    Now you own the whole world
    Last edited by Yutaka Go; 10th March 2014 at 07:50 PM.
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  8. #108
    Moderator keithwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LittleRedDot
    Posts
    7,898

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    update update. Thief sentenced and completed his 3 month term and deported to home country. The owner surprisingly did not counter offer in the Disposal of Goods (where me and the owner try to distribute the impounded items with police mediation) and "refunded " me $$ full sum directly . I'm very touched by his generosity and kindness
    Glad seems like u have accumulated some good karma for this , share it around k

  9. #109

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    "refunded " me $$ full sum directly .

    I'm very touched by his generosity and kindness
    Congrats, glad this is happily over for you.

  10. #110

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    Glad seems like u have accumulated some good karma for this , share it around k
    I prefer to call it blessed. even on the trip there the designated car park was full but a fellow motorist not only guide me to the lot he was vacating but also give me his coupons enough to park 5 hours... I passed the coupons to next fellow when I left after 20 minutes
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  11. #111
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Great to know everything worked out ok!

  12. #112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

    I prefer to call it blessed. even on the trip there the designated car park was full but a fellow motorist not only guide me to the lot he was vacating but also give me his coupons enough to park 5 hours... I passed the coupons to next fellow when I left after 20 minutes
    You're on a roll!!! Ride with it! Pick your favorite four digits and see what happens!!

    Cheers!

  13. #113
    Member arivere's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    643

    Default

    Wow. We need more of such nice ppl around in the world we live in.

  14. #114
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by arivere View Post
    Wow. We need more of such nice ppl around in the world we live in.
    "Be the change you want to see".

    If everyone tries to be nice, then you will see more nice people. Perhaps the people who aren't nice will also feel that they should be more like you.

    Conversely, if everyone just waits for everyone else to be nice.. Then you will end up with a world without any nice people.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •