Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 81 to 100 of 114

Thread: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

  1. #81

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post

    he is pretty cute (but young).
    I feel pity for him now.

    I lost $650, but this poor fool go and throw away his future.
    I hope he can turn over a new leaf while having time to ponder his future.

    Maybe he be successful one day
    Graciousness is not a trait we see these days. Keep it up!

  2. #82

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    he is pretty cute (but young).
    I feel pity for him now.

    I lost $650, but this poor fool go and throw away his future.
    I hope he can turn over a new leaf while having time to ponder his future.

    Maybe he be successful one day
    Unless he turn over a new leaf, otherwise he will only be successful in becoming a better thief
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  3. #83

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by JasonB View Post
    Unlikely.

    Rot in Changi.
    not everyone who goes to jail 1 time belongs there. those who do, return for more
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  4. #84

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    he is pretty cute (but young).
    I feel pity for him now.

    I lost $650, but this poor fool go and throw away his future.
    I hope he can turn over a new leaf while having time to ponder his future.

    Maybe he be successful one day
    not sure what is the purpose of posting his pic here....maybe in future if he really turn over a new leaf but somehow his pic here and what he did will still be cached online somewhere...

  5. #85

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    not sure what is the purpose of posting his pic here....maybe in future if he really turn over a new leaf but somehow his pic here and what he did will still be cached online somewhere...
    so that fellow Clubsnap members will beware when buying from him .

    phone number can change $30 at telcos
    face want to change must pay more for plastic surgery
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  6. #86
    Senior Member sinned79's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    10,850

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Light Machinery View Post
    Thanks for the alert, Shizuma.

    I have bought many used stuff from CS members.

    So far (touchwood) no issues.

    Best is to check before the sale & ask the seller if they are willing to sign a release form.

    This is to attest that that the stuff for sale belongs to them & it was a bona fide sale.
    if stolen goods, release form also no use? since no right to sell in the first place.

    maybe the release form can protect u from any consequences from buying a stolen goods unknowingly.

  7. #87

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by sinned79 View Post
    if stolen goods, release form also no use? since no right to sell in the first place.

    maybe the release form can protect u from any consequences from buying a stolen goods unknowingly.
    ask for a receipt of payment from the seller as well so thAt he fully relinquishes all cleans upon the item after money has transacted
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  8. #88

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    sorry... don't mind if i ask... how did the police even know about the transaction itself that they called you right after you transacted it..?? are they psychic..? or got some stalker tracing your movements and report to police..??


    regards,
    wacky

  9. #89

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    they nab the culprit first and he sing to the police? Don't need a psychic..

  10. #90
    Moderator keithwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LittleRedDot
    Posts
    7,890

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post
    not sure what is the purpose of posting his pic here....maybe in future if he really turn over a new leaf but somehow his pic here and what he did will still be cached online somewhere...
    I agree with this. People make mistakes in life now and then, he's gonna pay for the theft this time but it doesn't mean this guy's gonna definitely be a eternal screw up.

    Will appreciate if the photo doesn't get shared , everyone deserves a 2nd chance so long as they have paid the price and corrected themselves.

  11. #91

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    so that fellow Clubsnap members will beware when buying from him .

    phone number can change $30 at telcos
    face want to change must pay more for plastic surgery
    I am not sure if i have manage to understand the whole story correctly..the guy was suspected of stealing and/or selling stolen goods...however, he had not been charged and sentenced by a judge in court yet..so my personal opinion is that he should be innocent unless proven guilty...the perception that pple get that by posting his pic here might be that he is already guilty no matter the subsequent decision by court...

    i do not know this guy and all these are just my humble opinions..

  12. #92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yamakasi View Post

    I am not sure if i have manage to understand the whole story correctly..the guy was suspected of stealing and/or selling stolen goods...however, he had not been charged and sentenced by a judge in court yet..so my personal opinion is that he should be innocent unless proven guilty...the perception that pple get that by posting his pic here might be that he is already guilty no matter the subsequent decision by court...

    i do not know this guy and all these are just my humble opinions..
    I'm with u on this. Seems that the police traced the stolen goods to TS. It could have passed a few pairs of hands before ending up with the seller who sold to TS. It could have not. We can't conclude until investigations have been done.

  13. #93

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    TS will put up the picture until he gets his money back.. unless the judge reimburse him before making any decision

  14. #94

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    they nab the culprit first and he sing to the police? Don't need a psychic..
    still dun make sense... if the culprit already captured... what is stopping the police for making the culprit return the $$$ he took from the TS...?? and if the culprit already captured... what's with the photo of the seller for..??


    regards,
    wacky

  15. #95

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by wackykid View Post
    still dun make sense... if the culprit already captured... what is stopping the police for making the culprit return the $$$ he took from the TS...?? and if the culprit already captured... what's with the photo of the seller for..??


    regards,
    wacky
    The $$$ is evidence until the case is close

    The case haven't appear in court yet, so it will take some time for TS to get back her $$$

    That guy may have other stolen goods and some other CSer may have bought them.

    The photo is useful for other CSer to identify him
    I eats, shoots & leaves

  16. #96

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Yutaka Go View Post
    The $$$ is evidence until the case is close

    The case haven't appear in court yet, so it will take some time for TS to get back her $$$

    That guy may have other stolen goods and some other CSer may have bought them.

    The photo is useful for other CSer to identify him
    yes.. please explain to garfield

  17. #97

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    Oh

    I found the image of the guy who sold me the stolen image and lens (Now , I am not judging him guilty or accusing him of stealing. But it is a police-given fact that the camera and lens this guy sold to me was stolen).

    read carefully. your admission about not understanding the situation fully is absolutely spot on
    宁愿遇见丢失幼崽的母熊,也不愿碰上做蠢事的愚人

  18. #98

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified

    Quote Originally Posted by Shizuma View Post
    read carefully. your admission about not understanding the situation fully is absolutely spot on
    ok
    Last edited by Yamakasi; 15th November 2013 at 01:17 AM.

  19. #99
    Senior Member dennisc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Freezing Upp Thomson/Mandai!
    Posts
    2,008

    Default Re: Buyers beware. I bought stolen goods from Clubsnap Classified


  20. #100

    Default

    The SPF has a database on the serial nos of second hand goods.

    FYI to all making purchases.
    http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/shots_info.html

    http://www.spf.gov.sg/epc/shots_info.html

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •