Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: seriously - is this a good deal - $ 420 for a export Panasonic DMC-G5KK

Default Re: seriously - is this a good deal - $ 420 for a export Panasonic DMC-G5KK

Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    You'll have to wait for D600 to sell at that price first.
    Oh goody... then I will buy 1 D600 and 1 A7R, and bring both out on outing just to show off.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post

Oh goody... then I will buy 1 D600 and 1 A7R, and bring both out on outing just to show off.
    When u get to buy these at that price, there's nothing to show off already :x
    hi

Default Re: seriously - is this a good deal - $ 420 for a export Panasonic DMC-G5KK

Quote Originally Posted by silvermoon1407 View Post
    When u get to buy these at that price, there's nothing to show off already :x
    Can wor. Most people will still be lugging around their trusty old APS-C DSLR and mirrorless or their m4/3 camera, I will be telling them that I have FF camera - two of them at once

Never mind if those people take better photos then me and I take shitty shots, at least I look more professional with FF...
    My lousy shots

Can wor. Most people will still be lugging around their trusty old APS-C DSLR and mirrorless or their m4/3 camera, I will be telling them that I have FF camera - two of them at once

Never mind if those people take better photos then me and I take shitty shots, at least I look more professional with FF...
    i looking for cheap Hasselbald camera at ebay or amazon
    if i heng , once i manage to hoot one Hasselbald camera at usd 599, i will tell you guys.

wow, new definition of Cameras Man.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

My lousy shots

hahaha, how sadly true in people's eyes nowadays.

In my recent trip, I was using the EP5 vs the numerous APS-Cs and some FFs in the group and other climbers we met along the way. Oh well, comments given on my MFT setup were generally: 'how cute!' vs 'wah, Pro' comments given on the APS-C and FF setups.

but one surprising thing was the high number of people using the EM5. Oly seems to have done a good job selling it as a camera ready to take on e elements.

But I got the pro look on my face, so if I use point and shot, people will still say I pro

Quote Originally Posted by princecharming View Post
    But I got the pro look on my face, so if I use point and shot, people will still say I pro
    No wonder your nick is Prince Charming la haha. Come come , share your profile pic with us

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    No wonder your nick is Prince Charming la haha. Come come , share your profile pic with us

spotted another possible good deal

Fujifilm X-S1
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=761198

Price: $379.00

spotted another possible good deal Fujifilm X-S1 http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...pf_rd_i=761198 Price: $379.00
    Woah , 40% off. Thanks for sharing

I think it's an "OK" deal. Amazon can generally be trusted. It is a pretty decent camera. Should have checked out the micro four thirds forum instead of the Panasonic forum. The Panasonic G5 is afterall a micro four thirds camera.

Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    Woah , 40% off. Thanks for sharing
    so did you buy.....

so did you buy.....
    Heh , nope. Cannot always buy.

Happy with my EP5 and DLux 6 combo so far.

The only ones I'll consider upgrading to are the EM-1 and the A7 which I think I would need the luck to strike lottery to afford haha.

Went to Cathey photo to ask about the Panasonic camera, they quoted me 970 dollars, I got it for around 430. Good deal for me and I got the camera yesterday

Went to Cathey photo to ask about the Panasonic camera, they quoted me 970 dollars, I got it for around 430. Good deal for me and I got the camera yesterday
    Good for u enjoy the camera

I notice that the camera cannot digitally zoom, so that mean, I need to buy more lens to upgrade it

I notice that the camera cannot digitally zoom, so that mean, I need to buy more lens to upgrade it
    Dafug did I see?
    hi

Huh???

A couple of point...

1) This camera of yours is a Micro Four Third (MFT or M43), It's an interchangeable lens system like DSLR.

2) In such interchangeable lens system, you turn the barrel ring to zoom (there is 2 barrel part that turns, one is for focus, the other is for zoom). You will not be able to zoom any more when you reach either the wide end of (14mm) or the tele end (42mm) assuming you are using the 14-42 kit lens. btw, this zoom is OPTICAL ZOOM, not digital zoom.

Digital zoom (to me) more like a gimmick, unless you have monstrous megapixels coupled with superior lens optics. Because it's essentially cropping your photo to give you the 'zoomed' picture. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cropping_(image)).

3) You do not 'level up' the lens by buying more lens.
    4) When you buy a lens, you SWAP/CHANGE to that lens to use it, it's not like lego can stack stack stack. This is how you change the lens: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WR5nZ4Bqrzw

I would suggest a good read in the user manual first.
    Last edited by SkyStrike; 17th November 2013 at 11:57 PM.
    Too many great equipments but too little quality photos. [My Flickr] | [My Blog]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast