Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 57

Thread: what a mismatch!

  1. #1
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default what a mismatch!

    A big lens on a tiny body.

    Does not look good. IMO

    A mis-match.


  2. #2

    Default

    Ultimately the best tool is something that you know suits your needs.

  3. #3

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    well, it is bit better image quality than using ultra-zoom compact camera right?

  4. #4
    Moderator keithwee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    LittleRedDot
    Posts
    7,890

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    don't see anything wrong with it

    Its just an user using his equipment in a functional over aesthetic way. Wait till u see someone mounting a FT lens like the 14-54II on an adapter onto the Pana GM1 body, that will be a true sight to behold.

  5. #5
    Senior Member edutilos-'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    The Universe
    Posts
    5,991

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    We take up photography to capture moments in time, not to look good.

  6. #6
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    why?
    because his lens is bigger?
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    Quote Originally Posted by keithwee View Post
    don't see anything wrong with it

    Its just an user using his equipment in a functional over aesthetic way. Wait till u see someone mounting a FT lens like the 14-54II on an adapter onto the Pana GM1 body, that will be a true sight to behold.
    "functional over aesthetic"

    Exactly, that is the word. The aesthetic aspect is way lacking. But, of course, that is only my opinion. :-)

    Technology is great. But still cannot overcome the natural law of physics. You may be able to shrink the body but the lens still cannot escape the law of physics.

  8. #8

    Default

    Some people don't buy a camera just to look good

  9. #9
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    In a way, it also drives home the point that it better to invest in a good lens, regardless of how big, than in a body. LOL

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    why?
    because his lens is bigger?
    It is relative.
    If you are a small brainer, you think that the lens is big.
    If you are a big brainer, you think that the body is small.
    If you are a no brainer, anything will do.

  11. #11
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    A big lens on a tiny body.

    Does not look good. IMO

    A mis-match.


    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    It is relative.
    If you are a small brainer, you think that the lens is big.
    If you are a big brainer, you think that the body is small.
    If you are a no brainer, anything will do.
    you are the one who say the lens is big if I remember correctly.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    you are the one who say the lens is big if I remember correctly.
    ok lah ok lah.

    Just joking with you. Don't take it too hard and remove this thread.

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post

    It is relative.
    If you are a small brainer, you think that the lens is big.
    If you are a big brainer, you think that the body is small.
    If you are a no brainer, anything will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post

    you are the one who say the lens is big if I remember correctly.
    Self-trolling

  14. #14

    Default

    The lens is not big..
    It only looks big in a small camera..

  15. #15
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbonetics View Post
    The lens is not big..
    It only looks big in a small camera..
    you are very right.

    "Looks big in a small camera" = mis-match.

  16. #16
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,392

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    A big lens on a tiny body.
    Does not look good. IMO
    Tough luck for you, the guy simply has the bigger banana.
    EOS

  17. #17
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    A big lens on a tiny body.

    Does not look good. IMO

    A mis-match.

    What? That is call big lens in a small body?

    What about this?





    Or maybe in future, we should have big body, small lens...



    That would match better right?
    Last edited by rhino123; 11th November 2013 at 03:22 PM.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  18. #18
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    Quote Originally Posted by rhino123 View Post
    What? That is call big lens in a small body?

    What about this?





    Or maybe in future, we should have big body, small lens...



    That would match better right?
    NO, there are all mis-matched. No aesthetic beauty. Too big or too small a banana vs the body is no good! LOL

  19. #19
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    singapore
    Posts
    1,283

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    Mis-matched but compatible.




  20. #20
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: what a mismatch!

    Quote Originally Posted by d2xpeter View Post
    NO, there are all mis-matched. No aesthetic beauty. Too big or too small a banana vs the body is no good! LOL
    Alamak... difficult lah.

    Some of my lens are about the right length but very thick, some of them are about the right thickness but very small. Haiz... I have all the mis-matched lenses + body. But you don't criticise your own children too much... have to live with them.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •