Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91417181920 LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 395

Thread: My K3 Experience

  1. #361
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Zenten View Post

    Put it to good use ...... give it away.
    Let's be fair.. Never know when he'll need a DSLR for specific usage.

    Philip, come, 1-to-1 trade with my red K30.. It don't mind resting in your dry cabi..
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  2. #362
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: My K3 Experience

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Let's be fair.. Never know when he'll need a DSLR for specific usage.

    Philip, come, 1-to-1 trade with my red K30.. It don't mind resting in your dry cabi..

    Limited Edition K30 Crystal Red version kekeke
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  3. #363
    Member PhilipKr35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,615

    Default Re: My K3 Experience

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Let's be fair.. Never know when he'll need a DSLR for specific usage.

    Philip, come, 1-to-1 trade with my red K30.. It don't mind resting in your dry cabi..
    My K3 waiting for FA31 to join together , still thinking,..maybe the 16-85 WR ?...
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

  4. #364
    Member simon6z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Near Bishan Park Macdonald
    Posts
    812

    Default

    Philip come out shoot then ur k3 won't stay in cabinet if not rest in my cabinet also can. My k3 very lonely u know
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

  5. #365
    Member PhilipKr35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    Philip come out shoot then ur k3 won't stay in cabinet if not rest in my cabinet also can. My k3 very lonely u know
    Would definitely join outing wherever possible, missed two already due to work. Nov n Dec more likely can .
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

  6. #366

    Default Re: My K3 Experience

    Two shots with K3..

    FA31


    FA77

  7. #367

    Default Re: My K3 Experience

    This week was the first that I pulled the SD card outta the K-3 and popped it into LR. I'm finding the images soft and high ISO stuff noisy. I don't reckon it's the lens but am hard pressed to figure out what is wrong...

    I have read something about ISO being worser than the K-5 series bodies but some of the stuff at ISO6400 looks terrible... Do I turn NR off and PP the RAW files? Is there any other way?

  8. #368
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    This week was the first that I pulled the SD card outta the K-3 and popped it into LR. I'm finding the images soft and high ISO stuff noisy. I don't reckon it's the lens but am hard pressed to figure out what is wrong...

    I have read something about ISO being worser than the K-5 series bodies but some of the stuff at ISO6400 looks terrible... Do I turn NR off and PP the RAW files? Is there any other way?
    Most importantly, are you planning to print out the said images?
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  9. #369

    Default Re: My K3 Experience

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Most importantly, are you planning to print out the said images?
    Some of it has to have print potential as they were for my office outing.

  10. #370
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post

    Some of it has to have print potential as they were for my office outing.
    Ah... I see... Maybe try convert it to b&w then.. Or just don't print those images at A4 size.. Standard 4R can liao..

    Remember, photographers usually look at pixels whereas viewers always look at the picture.

    Could you post a pic or two for us to see?
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  11. #371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post

    Remember, photographers usually look at pixels whereas viewers always look at the picture.
    Wow. Very enlightening. Now I must stop looking at only the pretty girls in those group photos.....
    ....

  12. #372
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poseur View Post

    Wow. Very enlightening. Now I must stop looking at only the pretty girls in those group photos.....
    Haha! Look at the girls but don't look at their pores.

    PS: Poseur, you're so good with portraiture, why don't you go for the 645 format?
    Last edited by SyncGuy; 30th November 2014 at 11:37 AM.
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  13. #373

    Default Re: My K3 Experience

    Quote Originally Posted by GSiGuy View Post
    This week was the first that I pulled the SD card outta the K-3 and popped it into LR. I'm finding the images soft and high ISO stuff noisy. I don't reckon it's the lens but am hard pressed to figure out what is wrong...

    I have read something about ISO being worser than the K-5 series bodies but some of the stuff at ISO6400 looks terrible... Do I turn NR off and PP the RAW files? Is there any other way?
    Firstly, are you sure your shots are in focus?
    Next, K3 pixel density is not K5 pixel density, basically, you are 'zooming' in more that on a 16mp file, so when ppl make that statement that K3 100% worse than K5, of course it is, different level of 'zoom in'.
    The K3 file downsampled to the size of the K5 file will have an advantage over the latter.
    RAW is also what it is, RAW, so you will need to set the appropriate settings (usually sharpening and NR, as well as exposure and contrast (light/dark levels) )

    I am not sure what you are getting, so could be user expectation, user error, etc.

    Better to post some photos.

  14. #374
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: My K3 Experience

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Haha! Look at the girls but don't look at their pores.

    PS: Poseur, you're so good with portraiture, why don't you go for the 645 format?
    He has gone to the DARK side kekeke
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  15. #375
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post

    He has gone to the DARK side kekeke
    Yea.. I know but brands don't matter anymore whenever I recommend anything camera.. I'll give recommendations according to individual's needs and capabilities.

    More often than not, it's Fuji all the way.. Simply because most won't do RAW and Fuji SOOC is awesome.

    Another thing, their flash balance for a total idiot is sublime...

    So yea..
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  16. #376

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post

    Haha! Look at the girls but don't look at their pores.

    PS: Poseur, you're so good with portraiture, why don't you go for the 645 format?
    Have tried MF before n its really good. But I can't afford the many zeros to pay for it.
    ....

  17. #377

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post

    He has gone to the DARK side kekeke
    Ya....I need to buy more strobe. Turn dark side to bright bright side.
    ....

  18. #378

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post

    Yea.. I know but brands don't matter anymore whenever I recommend anything camera.. I'll give recommendations according to individual's needs and capabilities.

    More often than not, it's Fuji all the way.. Simply because most won't do RAW and Fuji SOOC is awesome.

    Another thing, their flash balance for a total idiot is sublime...

    So yea..
    (Whisper)Psst....erh...Po....NY.....oops...pls don't ban me....
    ....

  19. #379
    Member SyncGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    1,118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by poseur View Post

    (Whisper)Psst....erh...Po....NY.....oops...pls don't ban me....
    Eeee-yur!

    Try blast off the flash in the face. Bam!
    Deer-in-headlight look.. LoL!

    Most users won't care much about taking the effort for proper lighting setup but always wish that it wouldn't look like it.. So far, only one brand can do it..
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

  20. #380

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post
    Most users won't care much about taking the effort for proper lighting setup but always wish that it wouldn't look like it.. So far, only one brand can do it..
    What brand??? I curious ...
    ....

Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91417181920 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •