Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 101 to 120 of 124

Thread: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

  1. #101

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Oh, food. What would Singaporeans be without a food shot!

    I hardly did any though, as the supplied lens was hardly suitable for food pax shots, but I squeezed one, for you guys!

    CHEERS!




    Heavily cropped and processed.

  2. #102

    Default

    Any lag in Evf in low light condition when panning? Any noticeable hunting when using both d FE 35 and 55 lenses in low light? Tks.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  3. #103
    Senior Member ricleo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Eastern Singapore
    Posts
    6,551

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    looks appetizing and yummy... they only provided you with the 35 2.8? I wanted to ask if you had the chance to try the 28-70 kit and how was the AF
    A7R3|V12|V15|FE28|MS17|MS35|MS50|50lux|50C|50Artis an|FD85L|FE85|90 cron|
    Σ24|35L|Σ50|135L|70-200G2

  4. #104

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Quote Originally Posted by ricleo View Post
    looks appetizing and yummy... they only provided you with the 35 2.8? I wanted to ask if you had the chance to try the 28-70 kit and how was the AF
    Tried the 28-70, it's snappy and was up to my expectations at least because I'm considering the A7 kit.
    Last edited by Royaux; 18th November 2013 at 08:55 PM.
    carbonmade
    mαke.believe

  5. #105
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    113

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Hi, are all the photos PP or straight out from camera? What was the NR setting? Cheers

  6. #106

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post


    wow they have a Ferraro Rocher Christmas Tree in the temple. cool

  7. #107

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Any lag in Evf in low light condition when panning? Any noticeable hunting when using both d FE 35 and 55 lenses in low light? Tks.
    Lo light - panning? With the EVF? I can't check because the camera was returned.

    As for the only lens provided (since several members have asked), I can totally understand SONY's predicament. There is probably an exceedingly high demand for media sets all around, including camera bodies AND lenses. Perhaps more comprehensive tests and perspectives could have been achieved with different lenses, adapters or even a comparative A7R body, and with enough time (all Mods are non-paid VOLUNTEERS with families and day jobs), we really have to understand the situation.

    No noticeable hunting except when I did things like set the Spot focusing to the smallest AF area (there are three: Large, Medium and Small) and tried to do very fine focusing in dimmer, low-contrast light/subjects.

    Hope this helps.
    Last edited by Dream Merchant; 19th November 2013 at 05:17 AM.

  8. #108

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    wow they have a Ferraro Rocher Christmas Tree in the temple. cool

    Hey! It's Christmas Season! Tra-la-la-la-Roche!

  9. #109

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Happyman2801 View Post
    Hi, are all the photos PP or straight out from camera? What was the NR setting? Cheers
    Varied, but mostly Normal at high ISOs. If you notice, it's only the really high ISOs with Normal NR which starts to give a 'watercolour' effect. Look at the last postings regarding the High ISO re-tests. There are ways to work around it.

    Also, it's been said that it's a fallacy that no post is applied to any digital photo, except RAW.

    And that also holds true even when you deal with really huge sensor digital high resolution monsters, like say the digital backs for large formats, or even the Hassies or Leicas. Post editing and sharpening is always applied, even though you might only need to apply much less. Editing is always applied, in the real world.

    Yes, all the photos here are edited.

    Hope this helps.

  10. #110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant

    Lo light - panning? With the EVF? I can't check because the camera was returned.

    As for the only lens provided (since several members have asked), I can totally understand SONY's predicament. There is probably an exceedingly high demand for media sets all around, including camera bodies AND lenses. Perhaps more comprehensive tests and perspectives could have been achieved with different lenses, adapters or even a comparative A7R body, and with enough time (all Mods are non-paid VOLUNTEERS with families and day jobs), we really have to understand the situation.

    No noticeable hunting except when I did things like set the Spot focusing to the smallest AF area (there are three: Large, Medium and Small) and tried to do very fine focusing in dimmer, low-contrast light/subjects.

    Hope this helps.
    Yeah. Tks. Very helpful. Cheers.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  11. #111
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jakarta, Indonesia
    Posts
    361

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Haha. Ain't gonna crash into tat kinda high iso zone.
    Obviously you have never shot a black cat in a forest on a moonless night

  12. #112

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Quote Originally Posted by sabrewolf View Post
    Obviously you have never shot a black cat in a forest on a moonless night
    and what would you be doing in a forest on a moonless night hunting a black cat? :bmilie:

  13. #113
    Member Jansen Phee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Hi DM....i read from the web that the A7 had AF issues and there were a low rate of useable photos due to mis focusing.......did u encounter such a problem during your time with the camera?

  14. #114

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Not that I have encountered personally Jansen. It was only when I switched to a Small Spot AF area that I had to place the AF point quite carefully on a point that had contrast, e.g., the eyelid of the little girl and dogs in the earlier photos, as opposed to the nose/snout or cheek areas.

    When I did C-AF tests, it was mostly using Zone AF.

    And the OOF shots I had were mostly me placing the Spot AF point on the wrong area, or using an inappropriate AF mode, e.g., centre AF instead of Wide or Zone AF for small groups of people, so that's a matter of less than ideal user selection, or ... 'I screwed up'.

  15. #115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dream Merchant View Post
    Not that I have encountered personally Jansen. It was only when I switched to a Small Spot AF area that I had to place the AF point quite carefully on a point that had contrast, e.g., the eyelid of the little girl and dogs in the earlier photos, as opposed to the nose/snout or cheek areas.

    When I did C-AF tests, it was mostly using Zone AF.

    And the OOF shots I had were mostly me placing the Spot AF point on the wrong area, or using an inappropriate AF mode, e.g., centre AF instead of Wide or Zone AF for small groups of people, so that's a matter of less than ideal user selection, or ... 'I screwed up'.
    Did you try the Eye AF thing that they were touting? Does it really get the eyes sharp?

  16. #116

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Did you try the Eye AF thing that they were touting? Does it really get the eyes sharp?
    Tot tat is only for RX10?
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  17. #117
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    4,532

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Thoth View Post
    Tot tat is only for RX10?
    A7/R have it also

  18. #118

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Quote Originally Posted by Errz View Post
    A7/R have it also
    Kool... can't wait to try it on XMMs. LOL... Check this out. SO FUNNY...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eJsnUaszu-8
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

  19. #119
    Member Jansen Phee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Bukit Timah
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: [Hands-on] SONY A7 - A Breath of Fresh Air this way comes!

    Thanks for your feedback DM.......I have already made an order for the A7 via the sony store in bugis and am hoping to get my A7 (decided not to get the 7R as I am mainly a street shooter) soon!

  20. #120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jansen Phee View Post
    Thanks for your feedback DM.......I have already made an order for the A7 via the sony store in bugis and am hoping to get my A7 (decided not to get the 7R as I am mainly a street shooter) soon!
    Welcome to d club. U joining this sat for d gathering? B good to see n test.
    Sony A7/ Sigma 19-2.8 E/ CV 35-1.7 ASPH/ FE 55-1.8/ MC Rokkor 58-1.2/ Pentax SMC K 135-2.5

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •