Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new or used?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Bro, yours is fire sales lor... it's even lower than what you can find in B&S.
    Not quite. I got a 3 day old Hadley Large for $270 from a CSer. Good deals can be had.

Blog Entries

Default Re: new or used?

Quote Originally Posted by SkyStrike View Post
    Bro, yours is fire sales lor... it's even lower than what you can find in B&S.
    I think the correct term is called Lelong.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Not quite. I got a 3 day old Hadley Large for $270 from a CSer. Good deals can be had.
    He was referring to my recent sales la..

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius Wang View Post
    Hi moderator , how did you manage to get such low rate? I thought the listed rate of Wynn is 350+ bucks a day. even MGM macau & grand lisboa listed room rate is lower. Special corporate rate? or any other method that we can learn? can share the method? not everyone is as resourceful lol. btw, going to hk this coming dec. haha...
    The key is to look for local agents in Macau. Sometimes it is Wynn, sometimes it is some other hotels. The local agents know where to get those rooms that are at super discount. Even a lot cheaper than Agoda.com.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post

The key is to look for local agents in Macau. Sometimes it is Wynn, sometimes it is some other hotels. The local agents know where to get those rooms that are at super discount. Even a lot cheaper than Agoda.com.
    Learning something new everyday. Where is a good spot to find the agents?
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    Learning something new everyday. Where is a good spot to find the agents?
    They are all over. I found mine last time when I was doing PRC visa runs to Macau back in the day... One great spot to find agents are near the Zhuhai/Macau border point. And yes, you can get great deals from agents from both sides of the border.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 12th November 2013 at 04:09 AM.

They are all over. I found mine last time when I was doing PRC visa runs to Macau back in the day... One great spot to find agents are near the Zhuhai/Macau border point. And yes, you can get great deals from agents from both sides of the border.
    Ah! I have travelled between Macau and Zhuhai a couple of times. I think I know where. Thanks for the info.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

He was referring to my recent sales la..
    Ooh I thought he was referring to the stuff you get at jaw dropping prices. Hahaha. Paiseh paiseh.

thank you so much for sharing. This may sound stupid or paranoid but what are the things to look out for to ensure the hotel deals sold by these agents r genuine? Put it another way, how can one recognise these (genuine) agents? any signboard? they r local tour agency?
    Last edited by Ignatius Wang; 12th November 2013 at 02:18 PM.

Blog Entries

thank you so much for sharing. This may sound stupid or paranoid but what are the things to look out for to ensure the hotel deals sold by these agents r genuine? Put it another way, how can one recognise these (genuine) agents? any signboard? they r local tour agency?
    Yes they are local tour agencies. And they are not those hole in the wall ones. Very organized much like our chan brothers or dynasty. They also have all the proper paperwork and licenses on display.

Yes they are local tour agencies. And they are not those hole in the wall ones. Very organized much like our chan brothers or dynasty. They also have all the proper paperwork and licenses on display.
    once again, thanks for sharing.

Besides Macau, is it possible to find such attractive hotel rates in HK from the HK tour agency? or HK has so many tourists that hotel rooms supply r usually tight (especially during peak season such as year end)?

Blog Entries

once again, thanks for sharing.

Besides Macau, is it possible to find such attractive hotel rates in HK from the HK tour agency? or HK has so many tourists that hotel rooms supply r usually tight (especially during peak season such as year end)?
    Sometimes you can get good deals in hk too. But during peak season, it might be tough

I'd still go for brand new if possible

Quote Originally Posted by richardlim31 View Post
    is it worth buying for a used Nikon when the price for a new one is almost similar? there's a local online store TG which advertise 800e for $3754 and d4 for $6799 which i see some seller are selling their used set at similar price.
    imho never compare new grey set to local warrant set.

theres no need to put down or comment of B&S prices.

imho if u r comfortable withgrey set, by all means go ahead.

else imho if u r comfortable with warranted used set, by all means just go ahead.

bottomline go with ur budget.
    [D800|AFS2470F2.8G|AFS70200F2.8G|AFS1635F4G|AFS28F1 .8G|AF85F1.8D|AFDC105F2D|SB700|SB900]

Quote Originally Posted by GReddyZC76 View Post
    imho never compare new grey set to local warrant set.

theres no need to put down or comment of B&S prices.

imho if u r comfortable withgrey set, by all means go ahead.

else imho if u r comfortable with warranted used set, by all means just go ahead.

bottomline go with ur budget.
    anyway I will only save and buy from local warrant set.

Case by case basis.. and don't listen to the 50% BS. that is lowballer talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    The best thing is... those who say this, often don't sell their own equipment at >50% discount...
    Can't +1 enough on that....
    +2 from me.

All shall revert to the mutual agreement between buyer and seller.
    NIKON D90 (2008-2010), D700 (2010-2012), D800 (2012-2014), DF (Dec 2013-Sep 2017)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123