Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new or used?

Default new or used?

is it worth buying for a used Nikon when the price for a new one is almost similar? there's a local online store TG which advertise 800e for $3754 and d4 for $6799 which i see some seller are selling their used set at similar price.

Default Re: new or used?

Quote Originally Posted by richardlim31 View Post
    is it worth buying for a used Nikon when the price for a new one is almost similar? there's a local online store TG which advertise 800e for $3754 and d4 for $6799 which i see some seller are selling their used set at similar price.
    Well, for rational people the answer is of course: no.
    But the thing about personal classified is: no matter how ridiculous the seller's (or buyer's) price is, the price is only as real as the price that buyers (sellers) are willing to buy (sell).

thats very true

Buy Buy Buy...
    In the eyes of the beholder!

Some simply try their luck in finding ignorant buyers. If your budget is limited feel free to offer what you can pay, some will accept the fast cash over the highest price.
    EOS

Some sellers in the B&S section are living in a world of their own. Asking price of a pre-owned item which cost more than a new grey market set! As mentioned by Octarine, trying to trap gullible buyers. I have given up attempting to buy used items in the B&S. Ebay may be a better bet, but takes effort and patient to track down a good deal. Personally, for big ticket items, I prefer to buy overseas as I find local shops marked up too much on their prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy08 View Post
    Some sellers in the B&S section are living in a world of their own. Asking price of a pre-owned item which cost more than a new grey market set! As mentioned by Octarine, trying to trap gullible buyers. I have given up attempting to buy used items in the B&S. Ebay may be a better bet, but takes effort and patient to track down a good deal. Personally, for big ticket items, I prefer to buy overseas as I find local shops marked up too much on their prices.
    Yup, better buy overseas. It's usually cheaper than used here. Or just buy it new in town.

Blog Entries

Very expensive new prices... especially when you know you can buy them much cheaper if you know where.

worst is when somebody low ball u when your selling price is already lower than every1.....
    for example every1 Selling ?? DSLR for 2k. then you sell 1.6 while grey set price is 2.2k.
    then some1 low ball you offer 1k then pester u on sms....

so should there be some sort of guide line...say 20 to 30% off the current market price?

so should there be some sort of guide line...say 20 to 30% off the current market price?
    Even if the box isn't opened, as soon as it's a private sale I wouldn't buy it if it isn't at least 50% off the free market price.

Quote Originally Posted by ageha View Post
    Even if the box isn't opened, as soon as it's a private sale I wouldn't buy it if it isn't at least 50% off the free market price.
    usually i would look at it case by case basic. if low shutter count and no scratch on sensor or drop damage can pay higher

Blog Entries

Case by case basis.. and don't listen to the 50% BS. that is lowballer talk.

Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Case by case basis.. and don't listen to the 50% BS. that is lowballer talk.
    The best thing is... those who say this, often don't sell their own equipment at >50% discount...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lenslust View Post
    The best thing is... those who say this, often don't sell their own equipment at >50% discount...
    Can't +1 enough on that....

but I observe that the price quoted here most not even in the less 20 to 30% range. Saw someone posted to sell Nikon 300mm f4 and quoted $1200 and I believe that he owns it for more then a year....TG quoted brand new with GST as around 1.3k
    Last edited by richardlim31; 9th November 2013 at 08:48 PM.

but I observe that the price quoted here most not even in the less 20 to 30% range. Saw someone posted to sell Nikon 300mm f4 and quoted $1200 and I believe that he owns it for more then a year....TG quoted brand new with GST as around 1.3k
    What's holding u back from buying from TG den?
    In the eyes of the beholder!

waiting for the new 300mm since the current model rather old

but to be fair there are a great bargain too like the gentleman who bought the bilingham Hadley pro bag with shoulder pad for only $300...cost new its almost $500

Blog Entries

but to be fair there are a great bargain too like the gentleman who bought the bilingham Hadley pro bag with shoulder pad for only $300...cost new its almost $500
    It wouldn't be that big a bargain if you know how much a new Hadley pro costs in some other countries.

Yes, there are bargains still to be found. I recently sold a whole slew of stuff at bargain basement prices. Almost everything is sold within the same day it was posted, some within minutes.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 9th November 2013 at 10:19 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast