Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

I didnt like FF8, it was a decent game, but by FF standards, it was crap. My favs would be

1. FFX (Sakaguchi's final piece is a pure masterpiece)
    2. FFIX, FFVI (still hard deciding between these two)
    3. FFVII (very close to the two above, if only the story telling in the middle portion wasnt so muddy)
    4. FFX-2 (feels like FF Lite for most part, but Yuna is cuter)
    5. FFVIII (lousy villian, lousy hero, boring characters, hardly any character development, boring world map, nonsensical ending and erm...oh, nice R1 trigger when Squall attacks)

Quote Originally Posted by BurgaFlippinMan
    I didnt like FF8, it was a decent game, but by FF standards, it was crap. My favs would be

3. FFVII (very close to the two above, if only the story telling in the middle portion wasnt so muddy)
    5. FFVIII (lousy villian, lousy hero, boring characters, hardly any character development, boring world map, nonsensical ending and erm...oh, nice R1 trigger when Squall attacks)
    FFVIII is very fantasy as usual la... i like the Squall's limit break, esp the lion heart... lol.. nv failed to execute them.. whahhaah... i find the story very cute, lovingly cute la.. in a romantic way... as for the quotes inside this game, i kinda like fell in love with the storylines la... well thats for me... the romantic story is kinda real-life like, HOWEver! i find the ending rather stupid having to fight Ultimecia at her castle.. and having to fight Griever.. BUT i like flying in the Ragnorok... whahaa.. if onli i can use it to fire at the Galbadian army flying garden at that time, well i would have won.. no nid to fight the stupid evil matron and my rinoa wouldnt be controlled by the stupid Adel.. whaha..

FF9 was nice too... liked the graphics.. cartoon like, but the story about Zidane's past, and having to fight Kuja so mani times is very irritating too.. heh... but the characters are cute.. esp the female characters inside.. but the weapon modifications for zidane is rather complicating la.. from twin daggers to one piece weapons like the masamune and The Twin Towers, definately a headache for me..

FF10.. heh.. the game.. gave me headaches and made me fail my first term of exams.. heh.. played for a long time.... but basically i LOVE YUNA.. darn she is pretty.... lol...

compare both yuna to rinoa... heh... i picked ellone.. =X

Quote Originally Posted by kit_fisto
    totally agree with you Phildate. played frm 7 to X-2, FFVII is the most fun of all. btw any of you guys know where to buy game soundtrack other than HMV? you can **** in your pants when you see the price.
    Those are the originial Japanese pressed versions, you can try to find the much cheaper taiwan pressed ones, but these are rare in Singapore these days, and not much variety. I have to hunt for stuff online instead.

The 2 cd set below cost me 52usd, before shipping!

whao.. drool... but hey.. for FF fans.. i got something for u guys too..

At bugis Kino, beside the Idol Pictorial section, theres 4 copies 2 sets each of the FF Character Conceptialising book, each cost $50 plus i think....

anyone of u heard it b4 ?? looks tempting..

Default Re: Final Fantasy 7: Advent Children

Latest information is that FF:7 Advent Children will be released on 13th September 2005. Followed by a next sneak preview of FF: XII which will be released for PS 2 !!!

and the graphics for FF : XII is blardy good!

anyone gonna get the DVD ?

I've watched it, and here's my review.

Firstly, let me say I am not an anime lover. I don't dig anime, and the closest I ever got to real anime was the Animatrix (which I loved incidently). So do correct me if I make any wrong statements.

Now, let me just say Advent Children.....sucks. This is an incredible disappointment. I say so because while I had already lowered my expectations a LOT before pressing the 'Play' button. Yeah, I was expecting a lot of over the top action (unfortunately) judging from other viewers' comments but definitely not THIS MUCH action. What makes it worse is that it just has so much untapped potential.

AC's origin as a 20min short is obvious here. Most of the footage as well as the editing is more suitable for a short rather than a 100min movie. The story is hardly fleshed out, and the characters are one dimensional. Not much is made known about the villiains except that they are villians. The editing is so quick that it gives you hardly any time to let things sink in. The movie jumps from one scene to another so much that it hardly has any cohesion. This lack of continuity or 'one-ness' extends to the music. We are given the whole gauntlet of genres here, ranging from piano solos to heavy metal to techno-ish beats to pure orchestral music. The themes are faultless though, since they originate from Uematsu's classic score. It is the presentation that falls apart, literally.

Now, the fight scenes. I can tolerate this over the top stuff (although I have lost the appetite for them some time ago), and even enjoyed some of the duels. Unfortunately, the movie is just filled with them and they are all more or less the same. In fact, the movie so one paced and repetitive it actually starts to get boring after the first 45mins or so. The script also has just too many 'coincidental' situations to be of any value. Characters always happen to be in the right place at the right time so many times its gawdawfully irritating. Lets not start about the utterly lame and contrived 'Old Gang Returns' as well as the 'Boosting Cloud' sequences. And why did Cloud somehow survive that blue fireball Bahamut shot at him? I am so suprised at how low Nomura stooped in the name of fanservice. Cloud's moment of glory with his Omnislash was so reminiscent of Ultraman's weekly antics (where he gets pummelled until his chest light beeps before unleashing is uber power) I burst out laughing.

So much for the bad stuff, what about the good? Well, some scenes did have magic in them and some of the music like the summoning of Bahamut, Kadaj's demise, Finale and end credits suite is classic. Of course, needless to say, the CG is top notch though I never understood the effeminate men craze Japs have.

Bottom line, this could have been a great short, instead it is a disappointing movie. Not better than Spirits Within either. Strictly for the fans, no, strictly for the hardcore fans. 5/10

Deregistered

I felt it was ok, not really that dissappointing. After all FF is about fighting.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I felt it was ok, not really that dissappointing. After all FF is about fighting.
    i always thought FF is about showcasing the Console/PC graphics.. think i'll get stalked by FF fanboys tonight...

talk about fight, the most memorable fight in the FF Advent Children is the Tifa vs who tat guy i forget... esp after he was buried under the rubbles... den the victory taunt, thought Tifa win liao will have the taunt... eh...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I felt it stank up the wall. The direction was over enthusiastic, excessive and repeatedly indulged in fanservice, the script was hogwash and there was just so much action (among the same group of guys no less) it got repetitive and dull. Not a single thing which I fell in love with FF7 in the first place (story and characters) was present. Oh, Tifa and Yuffie were hot, but thats about it. Doesnt justify the movie's length.
    Last edited by BurgaFlippinMan; 23rd September 2005 at 08:17 AM.

I felt it stank up the wall. The direction was over enthusiastic, excessive and repeatedly indulged in fanservice, the script was hogwash and there was just so much action (among the same group of guys no less) it repetitive and dull. Not a single thing which I fell in love with FF7 in the first place (story and characters) was present. Oh, Tifa and Yuffie were hot, but thats about it. Doesnt justify the movie's length.
    Just treat it as another advertisment...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

since its out and some of us watched liao,
    anyone know where's selling?
    and the cost?

The original Jap version DVD retails for around US$49. (Region 2)
    The UMD is around US$52 (Region 2). They have this limited edition version that comes
    with 7 figurines that retails for an insanely US$599.

erm pc version, my favourite is FFV8, and gba's version of FF Tactics.
    movie wise , im waiting for this one ;P
    Last edited by furrycake; 23rd September 2005 at 02:24 PM.

The Advent Children movie was reasonably okay for me.

The fighting part was good...no other comments..

Anyone want to get rid of their copy, please email me at cs@aeroframes.net

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    movie wise , im waiting for this one ;P
    dont hold your breath. i'm quite an ff7 fan, and this ruins it.

dont hold your breath. i'm quite an ff7 fan, and this ruins it.
    many ppl voted ff7 as their favourite. guess this movie aint that great huh

Quote Originally Posted by furrycake
    many ppl voted ff7 as their favourite. guess this movie aint that great huh
    go read my review i posted earlier. i mentioned most of the flaws there already

just saw the CD on it... very good man

yesterday check one of the shop in Jurong Point..
    Selling at S$89.. and I'm on a waiting list of 236...

S$89 bucks... maybe I can use this to buy a filter or two, eye cup....etc..

Anyone wanna sell of his/her copy after watched can email me at:
    HERE

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12