Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 26 of 26

Thread: Good hawker food at AMK area

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    went there but dunno if I got the correct shop. the hawker center we are talking about is the MARKET hawker center right? not S11. It is N OT beside the FAMOUS ice kacang stall but beside another desert stall. did not check the table number....

    The fried vege with seafood was pretty good and very cheap somemore. The fish soup was so so... tasted like a lot of MSG... they are not a fish soup shop right so I guess they do not make real fish soup, as in those that take time and effort.
    Yup, we'r toking abt the same place.. not S11.. I like the fish soup.. the famous ice kacang stall close liao.. I heard the uncle passed away...

    The western food there also not too bad... and not ex too.

  2. #22

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    Yes,i like the pig's trotter,there's 2 stalls,i like the behind 1.
    Pig's trotter + sugarcane= heaven

    Carrot cake i must say blk 107 is the best i tasted in the whole of singapore,no fight anywhere else.Highly recommended! Only open in the night.
    Blk 252 prata also best,chicken rice also nice.
    i'm fortunate to be staying near both.

    The tip top curry puff i don't like,from 50cents eat until now 90cents.The size also shrink,i'm gonna stop frequent them for awhile.
    tip top was selling there as far back as the eighties or earlier. i was earning $300 - $400 a month then, now much more. so, be realistic, their workers wants higher salaries, hdb wants higher rental, power & water supply cost are up, food costs are up, the tow kay wants to make more too. no difference to them if you stop patronising them for a while or forever. as they say in the food business, 'one cannot satisfy every customers'.

    actually, since you have eaten their puffs from 50 cents to 90 cents, it is unlikely that you will stay away for long. hehe.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 25th May 2005 at 08:55 AM.

  3. #23
    Member/Tangshooter zaxh81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    4,339

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    tip top was selling there as far back as the eighties or earlier. i was earning $300 - $400 a month then, now much more. so, be realistic, their workers wants higher salaries, hdb wants higher rental, power & water supply cost are up, food costs are up, the tow kay wants to make more too. no difference to them if you stop patronising them for a while or forever. as they say in the food business, 'one cannot satisfy every customers'.

    actually, since you have eaten their puffs from 50 cents to 90 cents, it is unlikely that you will stay away for long. hehe.
    it's not just the $ issue,i can eat and pay but what i also don't like is the service.
    when i pay,almost everytime,i get the "you owe me money" face.
    ps: i always leave with a thank you behind.it's not that i throw money at them.


  4. #24

    Default

    Tip Top curry puffs used to be my childhood favourite. It's been years since I last tasted them; can't remember the taste liao. Nowadays with Old Chang Kee available everywhere, is it worth the effort running down to that corner koptiam for Tip Top?

    I vote for the Broadway hawker centre's CARROT CAKE!! Is it still there?

    Alas, this thread is making me hungry...

  5. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    Tip Top curry puffs used to be my childhood favourite. It's been years since I last tasted them; can't remember the taste liao. Nowadays with Old Chang Kee available everywhere, is it worth the effort running down to that corner koptiam for Tip Top?

    I vote for the Broadway hawker centre's CARROT CAKE!! Is it still there?

    Alas, this thread is making me hungry...
    Carrot cake stall still there.. but take over by another family member liao.. not as nice... but still okie lah

  6. #26

    Lightbulb

    Quote Originally Posted by zaxh81
    it's not just the $ issue,i can eat and pay but what i also don't like is the service.
    when i pay,almost everytime,i get the "you owe me money" face.
    ps: i always leave with a thank you behind.it's not that i throw money at them.
    it was not apparent from your 1st post that you were dissatisfied with their service. customer is king. give your business to chiang kee. actually, many hawkers are like that, especially those with following.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •