Thread: SAF Hamilton watch remove engraving

Default SAF Hamilton watch remove engraving

Anyone tried changing the back plane for this watch to remove the engraving? any idea how much it will cost?

Default Re: SAF Hamilton watch remove engraving

Last edited by ninelives; 3rd November 2013 at 11:44 AM.
    Objection !!!

No idea about the cost, but I've seen a post about removing engraving on a case back via DIY sanding...

Check this out: http://forums.watchuseek.com/f23/cos...ml#post3375953

Quote Originally Posted by kababoom View Post
    Anyone tried changing the back plane for this watch to remove the engraving? any idea how much it will cost?
    Can only say congrats MR personal

Why don't you look for a watch repairer who has a spare (no engraving) back for this watch. Just pay for the clean back and have it installed.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Why don't you look for a watch repairer who has a spare (no engraving) back for this watch. Just pay for the clean back and have it installed.
    I doubt watch Repairers will have spare original Hamilton backs lying around.
    Alpha

I was just back from ICT, and the MR personnel in my unit got a Swiss Army quartz watch. I didn't get to see the case back, but the dial also has some logo representing the SAF.

Back to the Hamilton, I understand that there are procedures that essentially file off the engraving. You sorta lose some metal this way.

Just in case you are thinking of selling the watch, don't expect the watch to fetch too much. A regular BNIB automatic Hamilton watch can be had for more than 40% off the retail price. (Standard discount should vary from 20-30%) Given the fact that people would know this is a free gift from the military that most Singaporean males will receive eventually anyway, I won't put too much hopes into that.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

but why u want to do that? my watch glass broke only 2 weeks after receiving it but i still keeping it as souvenirs.
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Blur Shadow View Post
    I was just back from ICT, and the MR personnel in my unit got a Swiss Army quartz watch. I didn't get to see the case back, but the dial also has some logo representing the SAF.

Back to the Hamilton, I understand that there are procedures that essentially file off the engraving. You sorta lose some metal this way.

Just in case you are thinking of selling the watch, don't expect the watch to fetch too much. A regular BNIB automatic Hamilton watch can be had for more than 40% off the retail price. (Standard discount should vary from 20-30%) Given the fact that people would know this is a free gift from the military that most Singaporean males will receive eventually anyway, I won't put too much hopes into that.
    Kindly enlighten where to get 40% off Hamiltons? Me thinking of getting the Khaki Auto

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    but why u want to do that? my watch glass broke only 2 weeks after receiving it but i still keeping it as souvenirs.
    Maybe he bought a watch that is engraved with some one else's name.

Quote Originally Posted by precious View Post

Kindly enlighten where to get 40% off Hamiltons? Me thinking of getting the Khaki Auto
    I meant second hand items. Go hunt around the usual watch forums and the preferred pre-owned dealers.
    KF Photography
    Thanks for viewing!

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by denniskee View Post
    Your one is made of glass, SAF issue glass one instead of saphire crystal ??.