Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 156

Thread: TFCD Offer

  1. #61
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dun tell you ...
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Like I said, be OPEN about the costs.... I am sure ALL involved will understand. If it is too 'siong' for the girls to absorb the cost of the gown and necessary alterations. Just work out the sums and ALL contribute to ensure your shoots will be a success lo


    Enjoy yourselves !!!

  2. #62

    Default

    Another question is, did the shooters request specifically for bridal gowns? If not it should be the responsibility of the subject doing the TFP to handle the warddrobe side right? Why are the costs relayed to the shooters? But of course, if everybody is agreeable to it then it's fine.

    Also if the cost is to be split, why is the sum pre-decided and fixed at $20? If there are more shooters, shouldn't the cost of the alteration get cheaper?

    I'm not looking for an explanation to myself, but rather just trying to let you see that you need to be open a bit, I don't see anything wrong with asking for chip in to alter the dresses or additional outfits. The benefit is for your shoot, not mine.

    Perhaps I've put myself across in a more doubtful manner, I do apologize for that.

  3. #63

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wenx
    Come to think about it, if I were to bring it up in PM, no one else except me and those goin for the TFP will know about this.
    So? Why do they need to know? My conscience is clear.
    Please, if you still feel that "sth is not right" as quoted from blazingflames, do let those on the reserve list have a chance at this. At least they know that I'm not out here to take your $20 and run.

    blazingflames: I know how to operate, thanks for ur advice. And i've been open abt the cost. Whether or not it's in PM or out here, those who need to know, already know.

  4. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by photo
    Another question is, did the shooters request specifically for bridal gowns? If not it should be the responsibility of the subject doing the TFP to handle the warddrobe side right? Why are the costs relayed to the shooters? But of course, if everybody is agreeable to it then it's fine.

    Also if the cost is to be split, why is the sum pre-decided and fixed at $20? If there are more shooters, shouldn't the cost of the alteration get cheaper?

    I'm not looking for an explanation to myself, but rather just trying to let you see that you need to be open a bit, I don't see anything wrong with asking for chip in to alter the dresses or additional outfits. The benefit is for your shoot, not mine.

    Perhaps I've put myself across in a more doubtful manner, I do apologize for that.
    Since u've been so blunt, I'll take it as an invitation to be blunt too-it's none of your business and some of your remarks/questions went right over my head.
    You've all the right to continue posting. But i'll just ignore you.

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    lulu island
    Posts
    6,131

    Default

    Do organisers require to post up a balance sheet for every shoot just to be transparent? :s13:

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    Do organisers require to post up a balance sheet for every shoot just to be transparent? :s13:
    Now u also come in and tease the organiser??

  7. #67

    Default To put it short and sharp to drill it in

    Not happy, JUST WITHDRAW LA! Didn't u see my terms already before u signed up????

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default

    People, I think got enough of this questiong this and that... The organiser does have a right to indicate the price, etc... Just that details, themes and locations are not informed to us yet.

    If you are not happy to pay the $20 for the shoot, u'r welcome to back out and allow others in the reserve list to come in instead....

    I've been to many shoots, and I can't say that even the paid shoots of $50 per photographer means I'm happy with all the selection of clothes even though we were informed of the theme..

    I suggest we just make the best we can out of the shoot.

  9. #69

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melissafaith
    So? Why do they need to know? My conscience is clear.
    Please, if you still feel that "sth is not right" as quoted from blazingflames, do let those on the reserve list have a chance at this. At least they know that I'm not out here to take your $20 and run.
    Erm... I don't know why you have to be so hostile, I think what I had posted is to your advantage, not mine, not others.

    To others out there, I felt that $20 for a bridal shoot is good deal...not to forget there are refreshments too.

    To blazingflame18, ha... I am not one whom you will call an experienced photographer. Very new to photography.

  10. #70
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Dun tell you ...
    Posts
    170

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wenx
    .....
    To blazingflame18, ha... I am not one whom you will call an experienced photographer. Very new to photography.

    My fren, you ve done well by clarifying your doubts - which could ve been the very questions some1 else wanted to ask. I am outta here....LOLz


    MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU !!!!

  11. #71

    Default cost of MUA

    Speaking from the MUA point of view, I think it is fair for the MUA cost to be $20.. looking at the number of participants. The charges of the MUA is quite fair.. esp. if have to do bridal look.

  12. #72
    Senior Member Zeckson Chow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Currently in Singapore
    Posts
    6,238

    Default

    Melissa, I am so sorry. I realized that the date actually clashes with my another shoot and I am working on Saturday... Alamak. I have no choice but to pull out. I will put in reserved names.

    11th June, 9am-12pm (Witness coming to hold the reflector)
    01. Razor
    02. Gryphon (replaced Catchlights)
    03. Ashleyy
    04. Kitkat
    05. Wenx
    06. bigfatfish

    12th June, 9am-12pm
    01. wormz777
    02. AncientMariner - 12/06/05.
    03. Joebaye
    04. goo82sg
    05. DawgByte (reflector)
    06. John Teoh

    Reserves
    01. geno (12 th june only, confirm later)
    02. TJ
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

  13. #73

    Default

    I think for those who think that $20 for this shoot is too expensive can don't join and keep their comments to themselves.

  14. #74
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Holland Village
    Posts
    268

    Default

    aiyo!! so scary.. FIERCE!!



    melissa, u doing ok there? u need GIRL POWER? heh.. =)

    so SCARY!! initially i wanna organise a shoot 1.. not 4 myself though.. but i c the commotion going on here, i get frightened liao.. =( i shall make sure i STATE everything clearly..=D to those interested parties.. n u guys better make sure u really wanna join the shoot n willing 2 pay watever cost there is b4 putting ur names down.. i dun 1 u put ur names down, i explain clearly.. den EVERY1 not happy..

    dun SHOOT fire at me hor.. i dun like WARS!!

    from wat i know.. photoshoots r FUN!! just stick 2 that..

    to blazingflames18: i have the bear on ur avatar!! yeah!! so cute!!

  15. #75
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Mel you are doing the right thing now, you canít and donít have to please everybody.

    You have state the term clear enough, anyone find this is a good opportunity are welcome to partake, no one is being force to join. Anyway is full house liao.

    What a pity I canít join this shoot, maybe not next time.

    Best wishes to everyone here and enjoy this TFCD session.

  16. #76

    Default

    hmmm...i two days never log on got so much commotion liao... hmmm...

    peace....

  17. #77

    Default

    Hey guys and Haley, thanks for ur PMs and posts of affirmation. Didn't expect so much 'drama' over $20 as well. Not as though it's like thousands of dollars. It's primary school kid's pocket money man!

  18. #78
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default

    Huh? my pocket money during primary school days is only 50 cents.

  19. #79

    Default

    I anticipated a post like this. I'm talking abt the kids nowadays.

  20. #80
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Cowtown
    Posts
    1,343

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by melissafaith
    I anticipated a post like this. I'm talking abt the kids nowadays.
    No lah....20 bucks is a lot for primary school. In one week maybe. Whatever it is, STAY COOL!

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •