05. AncientMariner - 12/06/05.
    08. Joebaye
    09. goo82sg
    10. DawgByte (reflector)
    11. John Teoh
    12. bigfatfish

Just put myself as reserve
    13. wormz777
    14. geno (12 th june only, confirm later)
    Take both its legs down first, then cuts its tail, next is shoot between its eyes:devil:

Ha ha ha ha ha. Yes, Jodie. We will be doing the shoot together again.
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    11th June, 9am-12pm
    01. Razor
    02. Zeckson Chow
    03. Gryphon (replaced Catchlights)
    04. Ashleyy
    07. Kitkat
    06. Wenx

12th June, 9am-12pm
    08. Joebaye
    09. goo82sg
    10. DawgByte (reflector)
    11. John Teoh
    12. bigfatfish

13. wormz777
    15. TJ

(Jodie...u shoud be on reserve list right? )
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

Quote Originally Posted by melissafaith
    YAY!!! Hehehe... Dear Witness offered to come and be the "reflector guy" on the 11th. He'll provide his reflector so Dawgbyte, u dun have to lend us ur reflector on the 11th.
    Woooh... pro to help us hold reflector... should help us pose too
    Dreaming... 14mm f2.8, 16-35 f2.8 mkII, 85 f1.2 mkII

nvm...must shoot for more ad shots

Quote Originally Posted by Zeckson Chow
    Hehe...WIF MORE ATTITUDE ROCK SHOTS!

GENO come come I eat you...your avatar looks so tasty...maaw maaw!!!

Quote Originally Posted by gryphon
    11th June, 9am-12pm
    01. Razor
    02. Zeckson Chow
    04. Ashleyy
    07. Kitkat
    06. Wenx

12th June, 9am-12pm
    08. Joebaye
    09. goo82sg
    10. DawgByte (reflector)
    11. John Teoh
    12. bigfatfish

13. wormz777
    15. TJ

(Jodie...u shoud be on reserve list right? )
    Thanks gryphon. Yep, hopefully Witness will be free then. Seems like he's in the PBS class.

I'll be posting Christable's photos and the themes she's doing soon! And yes, it'll be split into 2 shoots now. Each person will be required to pay $20. This will not only cover your MUA's labour but also other minor things like model's transportation and refreshments.
    Just a small question, if it's a TFCD, the photographers are spending time to take images, the subject is modelling for free and getting a copy of the images, why the need for payment of model's transportation? Shouldn't it be more like exchange of time rather than leaning towards the subject's interest?

Even if so, 6 pax for a session, that's $120, MUA is about $50+. $70 for transportation?

I agree with john .. I did the calculation and well ~
    Couldnt agree on the transportation part ..

If is studio rental .. tats another story ..

Could it be for refreshments too?
    Speaking of ART is USELESS if one cannot FEEL anything.
    My Photo Albums

Quote Originally Posted by photo
    Just a small question, if it's a TFCD, the photographers are spending time to take images, the subject is modelling for free and getting a copy of the images, why the need for payment of model's transportation? Shouldn't it be more like exchange of time rather than leaning towards the subject's interest?

Even if so, 6 pax for a session, that's $120, MUA is about $50+. $70 for transportation?
    Thanks for ur small question. I've pm-ed the photogs who've signed up to clarify their doubts. And btw, thanks for ur accurate calculation too but with all due respect MUA charges aren't only $50.

Hi melissafaith, perhaps, it would be good if you can openly share the costs and why the charges instead of keeping it to PM, the other shooters would feel more confident also.

As far as MUA is concerned, unless you're keeping the MUA around and doing extensively creative make up for that 3 hours, it shouldn't exceed $100 max.

Shall not comment anymore, hope everybody is clear about their expectations & what they're doing is enough for me. Have a nice day.

I don't see why I've to post my explanation out here to quench your curiousity when I've sent PMs to whom it concerns.

Thanks for not commenting anymore, I'd prefer that.

Default Amendments for Zeckson Chow

11th June, 9am-12pm (Witness coming to hold the reflector)01. Razor
    04. Ashleyy
    07. Kitkat
    06. Wenx

12th June, 9am-12pm
    02. Zeckson Chow
    08. Joebaye
    09. goo82sg
    10. DawgByte (reflector)
    11. John Teoh
    12. bigfatfish

13. wormz777
    15. TJ

Hey guys, after reading the thread, I have some thoughts myself. Please note that I ain't here to create any flaming war and that is the last thing I want to happen.

I know that traditionally, photogs have been paying for MUA. But, why do photographers have to absorb 100% of the cost?

Models provide time for TFP which in turn get free portfolios and on the other hand, photogs also provide time which in turn get practices for portraits. So as for the cost for MUA, shouldn't it be shared by both parties since they benefit from each other?

Right now, seem like the balance is a bit heavier on the photogs side because not only they have to provide time, but money as well...

If you don't share my opinion, just clear my doubt. I will like that. Thanks.

Default Finally, some1 noticed sth is wrong .... =b

Quote Originally Posted by wenx
    Hey guys, after reading the thread, I have some thoughts myself. Please note that I ain't here to create any flaming war and that is the last thing I want to happen.

I know that traditionally, photogs have been paying for MUA. But, why do photographers have to absorb 100% of the cost?

Models provide time for TFP which in turn get free portfolios and on the other hand, photogs also provide time which in turn get practices for portraits. So as for the cost for MUA, shouldn't it be shared by both parties since they benefit from each other?

Right now, seem like the balance is a bit heavier on the photogs side because not only they have to provide time, but money as well...

Most of the experienced photographers will share your view. We were like thinking when will some1 realise that sth is not right about these recent TFP/TFCD shoots. You are our man

TFP/TFCD shoots were never meant to cost more on either side. Such shoots should usually be mutually agreed upon, that is both model(s) and photographer(s) MUST share the total cost involved. No one should ve the upper hand.

We have noted it had not been so lately...the photographer(s) have been bearing the cost involved. Which is strange ? unless you feel good in doing so ? Our advice is enjoy your shoots together but be nice .. be open and share the costs involved so nobody will be exploited.... nobody likes to be on the side of the fence , i.e. the paying end

I am not here to start a 'war' ... you wanted a second opinion... you just got one.

HAPPY SHOOTING !!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wenx

As a matter of fact, we will be taking care of wardrobe. I have not confirmed both themes yet but one of them will be a bridal theme. And for that, we will obviously be getting a bridal gown.

Frankly, the cost of the bridal gown itself is low but we'll be doing alterations to it as Christable's very skinny and we're already absorbing the costs of that.

I'm not organising this shoot for profits but out of goodwill so I don't wanna entertain more of this kinda posts. If u're not comfortable with the way I work, then pls pull yourself out or take it into PM.

11th June, 9am-12pm (Witness coming to hold the reflector)
    01. Razor
    04. Ashleyy
    07. Kitkat
    06. Wenx
    12. bigfatfish

12th June, 9am-12pm
    02. Zeckson Chow
    08. Joebaye
    09. goo82sg
    10. DawgByte (reflector)
    11. John Teoh

Reserves
    13. wormz777
    15. TJ

As a matter of fact, we will be taking care of wardrobe. I have not confirmed both themes yet but one of them will be a bridal theme. And for that, we will obviously be getting a bridal gown.

Frankly, the cost of the bridal gown itself is low but we'll be doing alterations to it as Christable's very skinny and we're already absorbing the costs of that.

I'm not organising this shoot for profits but out of goodwill so I don't wanna entertain more of this kinda posts. If u're not comfortable with the way I work, then pls pull yourself out or take it into PM.
    Relax, like what blazingflames18 has brought up, there are certainly a handful of CSers who are doubtful about such stuff but it just happened that I am the one who brought it up. It is good that you have brought forth the fact that there is a bridal gown! (Phew...I never thought I can get to shoot brides in a TFP!) Now, the handful of us should know where the $20 go to.

Come to think about it, if I were to bring it up in PM, no one else except me and those goin for the TFP will know about this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast