Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: To ban or not to ban

Quote Originally Posted by TMC
    actually I would find it hard to believe that he is doing non-paid shoots on so many days. He has a good website for his business and he is charging 1k plus per actual day shoot.

me 2 cts.
    if you read thos_rs's post in the context, I feel that thor_rs meant that the shoots are NON-PAID for the STUDENT, not for him... obviously he is charging for his services...

everything must be read in the context.

Quote Originally Posted by wind30
    if you read thos_rs's post in the context, I feel that thor_rs meant that the shoots are NON-PAID for the STUDENT, not for him... obviously he is charging for his services...

everything must be read in the context.
    i 2nd that.

hot topic +1

ok.. i think i sounded some kind of victim here....

i dun like the idea on the probation thingy.. bragging about thousands of dollars spend on publicity and stuffs...

well... i think this thread has served its purpose ?

i have given my experience on thoa_rs... maybe to create another awareness... tats all... its all in the past.. for me... my initial contact with him was hopefully for me to venture into wedding as an experience.

i myself is a wildlife and street photographer, so weddings is somthing i may venture in in another 1-2yrs time...

but seriously... on probation periods, photographers are still paid as allowances.

Quote Originally Posted by SniperD
    hot topic +1
    YYK should see this... he should remember the 1K bounty being placed on this address and contacts.. whahaha...

One more thing to confirm does he also shoot along side? or just leave the assignment to the volunteer?
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Peace .

Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    ok.. i think i sounded some kind of victim here....

i dun like the idea on the probation thingy.. bragging about thousands of dollars spend on publicity and stuffs...

well... i think this thread has served its purpose ?

i have given my experience on thoa_rs... maybe to create another awareness... tats all... its all in the past.. for me... my initial contact with him was hopefully for me to venture into wedding as an experience.

i myself is a wildlife and street photographer, so weddings is somthing i may venture in in another 1-2yrs time...

but seriously... on probation periods, photographers are still paid as allowances.
    Correct, my first wedding i also charge $500/- which was quite sometimes back.
    When last time i foolw others to shoot, i was paid $50/- for transport and films.

Quote Originally Posted by smurfman
    Correct, my first wedding i also charge $500/- which was quite sometimes back.
    When last time i foolw others to shoot, i was paid $50/- for transport and films.
    and were you suppose to provide prints for the couple? or used in the final photobook?

May God Bless this thread.

Peace to the World

*Peace*

No War

No Flame

No Victims

No POWs

*Peace*

Quote Originally Posted by Drudkh
    and were you suppose to provide prints for the couple? or used in the final photobook?
    I just give the films back, only some images were used, cos last time skills lousy.

But, i only shoot abt 5 rolls only, cos main photographer not me.

Just OT abit...

In my personal opinon, if you are shooting as backup photographer, you should be paid if the main require you to surrender the images. If you don't need to surrender the images, not paid is ok. Just treat it as a learning experience.

If you are tagging along to learn, don't shoot. Observe. You will learn more this way than shooting. AD Wedding is not just about shooting and shooting. Communication plays a big part too, i.e. how you interact with the bride and groom, the brothers and sisters and etc.

And for the un-informed, to list in the popular bridal forums main directory, it can cost as much as $2K per listing.

If you are shooting as a backup photographer, I don't see why you have to surrender your shots even if you are learning. The argument on the other hand can be if the official photographer didn't bring you along, you probably would not have had a chance to shoot at the event. But I think it's kind of stupid, cos if you surrender your pictures, I don't see how much you can learn from the experience if you don't have your pictures to learn your mistakes from. And in any case, if the official photographer is offering your pictures as part of the service to the client, shouldn't the principles of partial performance comes into play here?

Exciting...thats what makes CS so entertaining esp at this hour...

I would say there will always be people taking advantage of others here and there. I have seen people who paid over $6K to buy equipment but saved on the few hundred dollars and time to learn photography. Comeon, lets face it, many on this forum are wannabes (including me) who never really take the effort to learn the real stuff, rather just take the short cut.

To ban thoa_rs or not is subjective. Is he doing something wrong? No I am not siding him or what. There will always be exploration of "young wannabes" here regardless of whether u like it or not. This forum is the cause for this as some people market themselves cheaply. The Singaporeans basically want everything cheaply, fast and good, in the end rubbish in rubbish out.

I think the moderators are not bias, rather people who wanted to warn the others put it in a bias way. If these few people have handled it properly, there will be no deletion/locking of threads.

Anyway, learning from a 20+ photographer is subjective. True experience may be lacking but professional/commercial photography is also about packaging. I do not think thoa_rs is a fantastic photographer until I see his prints. But his business plan might work, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by d.a.photo
    Recently there was a lot of posting and complaint about thoa_rs being disnonest and deceiving.

Should not moderators black list or ban thoa_rs from using clubsnap?

Or is thoa_rs a good friend of the moderators, thats why moderators are bias?

Although its the tendency of people to complaints when things are not right, but then fact remains complaints can turn out to be true.

I mean, lets face it, thoa_rs particular does prove that he is only 20yr plus, who would wants to learn photography from him?

Even a 3 yr old kid knows theres something fishy about this thoa_rs.

Theres been cases also of moderators shutting down members because members complaint against moderators.

Moderators should be rational and not egoistic.

I strongly support banning fishy photographer like thoa_rs.

Quote Originally Posted by d.a.photo
    Recently there was a lot of posting and complaint about thoa_rs being disnonest and deceiving.

Should not moderators black list or ban thoa_rs from using clubsnap?

Or is thoa_rs a good friend of the moderators, thats why moderators are bias?

Although its the tendency of people to complaints when things are not right, but then fact remains complaints can turn out to be true.

I mean, lets face it, thoa_rs particular does prove that he is only 20yr plus, who would wants to learn photography from him?

Even a 3 yr old kid knows theres something fishy about this thoa_rs.

Theres been cases also of moderators shutting down members because members complaint against moderators.

Moderators should be rational and not egoistic.

I strongly support banning fishy photographer like thoa_rs.
    Let me clarify my stand. Its simple. Feedbacks are allowed. Comments are allowed but personal attacks are banned. And post with real facts and information. Share your experience as detail as possible. Any post like yours is considered groundless accusation and liable for legal actions.

Also let me share my stand on so called these assignments etc.

Any agreement between 2 persons be it whatever the conditions are is NOT deem as cheat or dishonest.

Cheat or dishonest actions is only when either party fails to deliver whatever was agreed upon in the contract or agreement.

CS is not here to govern or question how people do their business. Or the way people do their business as long as they are open about it.

If the terms and conditions arent right for you, just dont take it up. Isnt that simple?

Let this post be last warning to you. Any names calling or personal attacks will be banned in this forum.

How come u not offering $1000/- to ban him?

On e serious side, this thread is more of a personal attack

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kegler
    How come u not offering $1000/- to ban him?

On e serious side, this thread is more of a personal attack
    dunno, bro... a newbie with 4 posts posting such a thread. and he/she/it seems to have very good knowledge of thoa_rs... looks pretty fishy to me. lai.camera using another nick?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    dunno, bro... a newbie with 4 posts posting such a thread. and he/she/it seems to have very good knowledge of thoa_rs... looks pretty fishy to me. lai.camera using another nick?
    i share ur views....

Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    Probably appear to be a friend of thoa? but stabbing him with a 2nd nick? all these just our assumptions.... only thoa knows...this thread serves no purpose.... just wasting bandwidth even a 3yr old kid would know that no one would ban another person just by a few comments...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast