Thread: Do not leave trash at shoot locations especially those abandoned locations.

Default Do not leave trash at shoot locations especially those abandoned locations.

If anyone is going to the abandoned photoshoot spot at tanglin hill and other locations, please remember to take out what you bring in. It's unbelievable to the number of trash that's there from plastic drink bottles to boxes of used sparklers and even empty bottles of talcum powder. There is even a broken modern guitar that was left there and batteries here and there. That place remains open due to the good graces of the landowners so don't spoil it for others by dumping trash there. Even got signs people overnight and picnic there.
    Last edited by Reportage; 29th October 2013 at 08:22 AM.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Default Re: Do not leave trash at shoot locations especially those abandoned locations.

I thought this goes without saying?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

Default Re: Do not leave trash at shoot locations especially those abandoned locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    obviously not for some ppl.

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    By theory true, but by practical does not always work as people more then often choose to remember only when it is convenient. Last thing anyone wants are the place fenced up with no trespassing signs, cctv and around the clock security. Basically what happened to OCH.
    You wont see me much less remember me but i am the guy who makes you look good.

Nothing new, this has been going on for years and years and years. People try to be nice, and reveal the locations, and soon after swarms of photographers, models and their crew descend on the place and raise red flags for the authorities/owners. The trash is merely a by-product of the mentality that the place is to be milked for their own benefit and there is little sense of respect for the history that the place holds.

...Which is why I always suggest to be very, very discreet when releasing info about such places (including names, e.g. "Tanglin Hill").

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    ...Which is why I always suggest to be very, very discreet when releasing info about such places (including names, e.g. "Tanglin Hill").
    He can't help it.. his username is Reportage

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post

I always thought this practice was adopted by some stuck up seniors, until I got some privilege to know one of these sites, and realized why they protect them. It's a nice, clear pond with dragonflies.... and empty cans of coke.

Come on. It's common sense. We go there to shoot, disturb the day to day activities of those insect with our smell, our click sound, scare them shatless with our presence, then still have the cheek to leave garbage there?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams