Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    54

    Default Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    Hi, i saw a black mercedes with the license plate "S1EW1". There was a small logo with green and red at the side i couldnt make it out though as it was dark.

    I checked online what plate numbers are issued in Singapore and none fits this number (from what i found)


    Anyone knows what plate this? Is it a diplomatic plate?

  2. #2

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan25 View Post
    Hi, i saw a black mercedes with the license plate "S1EW1". There was a small logo with green and red at the side i couldnt make it out though as it was dark.

    I checked online what plate numbers are issued in Singapore and none fits this number (from what i found)

    Anyone knows what plate this? Is it a diplomatic plate?
    Siew 1?

    Char Siew anyone?


  3. #3

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    Diplomatic plates are:
    S/CC: Vehicles of the Consular Corps
    S/CD: Vehicles of the Diplomatic Corps

  4. #4
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    Siew 1?

    Char Siew anyone?

    The owner of the car is Singapore Char Siew Tycoon who has a chain of Char Siew shops all over the island:

    Last edited by Sion; 28th October 2013 at 01:13 AM.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    I eats, shoots & leaves

  6. #6
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,394

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by Nathan25 View Post
    Hi, i saw a black mercedes with the license plate "S1EW1". There was a small logo with green and red at the side i couldnt make it out though as it was dark.
    Many countries have adopted the style where a logo is placed left of the numbers. Could be a visitor on a long journey or simply someone you got himself such a plate during holidays there. In the latter case, LTA will have its own opinion about it.
    EOS

  7. #7

    Default

    Next time u might see a "PU xxxx" plate.

    Do they need COE?
    | 5Diii | 24 ii | 40 | 24-70 ii | 24-105 | 70-200 F4 IS | 270 ii | 600EX-RT |

  8. #8

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    I was driving along West Coast Road on 22 Oct, I saw 2 cars wo number plate on the road.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    Number plat

    EA5Y nice? I saw in one of the carpark at West Coast

  10. #10
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    BMW is the official car for the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) 2013.

    An event license plate... no COE... after event, BMW will sell.

    (Info from a friend.)

  11. #11

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by UncleFai View Post
    BMW is the official car for the Singapore International Energy Week (SIEW) 2013.

    An event license plate... no COE... after event, BMW will sell.

    (Info from a friend.)
    Its a Merc.. not BMW
    I'm leaning towards Sion's theory
    Last edited by hanzohattori; 28th October 2013 at 03:45 PM.

  12. #12
    Senior Member UncleFai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    4,429

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Its a Merc.. not BMW
    I'm leaning towards Sion's theory
    *SHRUG* Don't know... friend told me, sounds credible to me so I just report.
    Last edited by UncleFai; 28th October 2013 at 04:10 PM.

  13. #13
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by hanzohattori View Post
    Its a Merc.. not BMW
    I'm leaning towards Sion's theory
    If it's WAN1 instead of SIEW1 than it belong to the Singapore Wan Ton King:


  14. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    54

    Default

    Haha! Thanks folks!

    Yea maybe it was a BMW. Though i did think i saw the taillights of a new model merc.

    Haha i think i shall adopt the official event car explanation. Sounds the most legit! Hahaha!!
    Thanks everyone!

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    sing
    Posts
    3,353

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    Sion,

    Please be informed that Yit Foh is a wanton mee shop in Jalan Harimau, Taman Century, Johor Bahru.
    Yit Foh is not in Singapore.
    I have eaten there a few times recently.


    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    If it's WAN1 instead of SIEW1 than it belong to the Singapore Wan Ton King:


  16. #16
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Anyone knows what License Plate this is?

    Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex View Post
    Sion,

    Please be informed that Yit Foh is a wanton mee shop in Jalan Harimau, Taman Century, Johor Bahru.
    Yit Foh is not in Singapore.
    I have eaten there a few times recently.
    Good. At least one people in CS knows where his wanton is from.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •