Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast

Thread: pentax K-R start off

Default Re: pentax K-R start off

Quote Originally Posted by flame angel View Post
    Bro, It sounds as if you were broke! I'm just kidding Frankly, with such a tight budget, it is not possible for you to get

any DSLR. I'd suggest you to save a little more, settle for as least a K30. It is always cheaper to settle for something better

than to regret & buy again later.

not broke,just that I spend on other hobbies too.sigh.should have studied better.hahaha
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

Quote Originally Posted by sunnycamera View Post
    as long as it take good photo, that is most important.

the best tool is the one getting the job done.

even companies nowadays have tight budget for everything, as long as they found the right employee, they won't over expend too much for other over-qualified candidates.
    I believe in that too,just seeking opinions and tips...But at the end of the day,i make the final call..hahah..but all advices and tips are deeply appreciated...I also believe,if your are destine,even a 4mp camera can turn out good...

Most cameras are more than capable of taking excellent photos. But better tools will always help you get the job done better

If can folk out a bit more, get a second hand K30. But better wait for another week or two, until K3 is out. There might be more K5/K30 selling

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Most cameras are more than capable of taking excellent photos. But better tools will always help you get the job done better If can folk out a bit more, get a second hand K30. But better wait for another week or two, until K3 is out. There might be more K5/K30 selling
    Like that I better quickly fire sale my Kr!
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    I believe in that too,just seeking opinions and tips...But at the end of the day,i make the final call..hahah..but all advices and tips are deeply appreciated...I also believe,if your are destine,even a 4mp camera can turn out good...
    to be fair, its the right tool for the right job lah... in theory, a swiss army knife can do many things, but in reality, its not very efficient and good tools makes our life easier.

starting with the right camera with the right balance of functions allows you to try different things and possibly learn faster. and photography is not abt being "destined" also. if anyhow hamtam, destiny may means that 1 shot out of 100 might be good. if we make an effort to think, plan, compose, experiment, that increases the rate of good photos. with well-considered equipment, the percentage goes up further. don't have to buy super expensive gear, but need to think carefully so that gear suits your needs and wont go broke or end up as white elephant.

old 4 megapixel camera can take good photos - provided it is used under the right conditions and within its limitations. we must be realistic - old cameras + sensors are not so good in low light conditions. usable ISO range is quite limited. u either use flash, or u spend time on photoshop to de-noise.

the K-R is already one of the more modern cameras that can achieve usable photos at ISO 1600. and this has been surpassed by newer models as well.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    Most cameras are more than capable of taking excellent photos. But better tools will always help you get the job done better

If can folk out a bit more, get a second hand K30. But better wait for another week or two, until K3 is out. There might be more K5/K30 selling
    shops now not much selling K-30..2nd hand k-30 also not much.hhahha

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    to be fair, its the right tool for the right job lah... in theory, a swiss army knife can do many things, but in reality, its not very efficient and good tools makes our life easier.

starting with the right camera with the right balance of functions allows you to try different things and possibly learn faster. and photography is not abt being "destined" also. if anyhow hamtam, destiny may means that 1 shot out of 100 might be good. if we make an effort to think, plan, compose, experiment, that increases the rate of good photos. with well-considered equipment, the percentage goes up further. don't have to buy super expensive gear, but need to think carefully so that gear suits your needs and wont go broke or end up as white elephant.

old 4 megapixel camera can take good photos - provided it is used under the right conditions and within its limitations. we must be realistic - old cameras + sensors are not so good in low light conditions. usable ISO range is quite limited. u either use flash, or u spend time on photoshop to de-noise.

the K-R is already one of the more modern cameras that can achieve usable photos at ISO 1600. and this has been surpassed by newer models as well.

so you would say,K-R is ok?

I would say it is ok for a beginner but you must know the limitations of the camera.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

I think the decisions lies with you. There are valuable inputs on whether a KR or K30 would be a better choice.
    If you don't want to burst your budget or saved up, KR will be the best.
    If you are willing to save up, K30 will be nice. I believe there are some brand new K30 still at shop, if not our B&S sure will have once K3 is out.

For me, i would recommend the K30. I try out the KR before, but it was not with me for long as I already have the K5 and I still prefer my K5.
    I sold my K5 for K30 and to me, the K30 is damn good and much better than K5 in some ways.

Reasons why K30 over KR:
    KR have Penta-mirror, approx. 96% field of view and the K30 have Penta-prism, 100% field of view. The difference in percentage may not be much but it is brighter and have higher magnification which is the same as the K5.

Dual Dials is a nice addition, and a great use when using Pentax TAV mode.

The AF module of the K30 is really a great improvement. The K5ii/iis only beat it with it better low light focus ability.

And lastly, the higher ISO of the K30 is much better. The sensor should be also the same one on the K50. It is still one of the best sensor in the market. Good Dynamic range and good high ISO up to 6400 (To me, 6400 is acceptable to me.)

It does not means the KR is not good. Lots of user here uses their KX/KR very well and does a better job than me.

Happy deciding..

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    I would say it is ok for a beginner but you must know the limitations of the camera.
    I fully agree this with Felix, buy it & use it so you know what's you need. We can just assume what camera suits him based on the questions he asked & provide him with

the best suggestions. ultimately, he will be the one to explore it.

what felix said is spot on - the limitations have to be understood. as for "is it ok"?

见仁见智咯. 可能是我比较挑剔吧.

im still deciding which..I have to deposit all my piggy bank to see how much i have.If my budget increases due to that,i might get a k30....but either way,i dont know much the theory of a DSLR..As in,
    I dont know the function availablet that will make you produce good photos.hmmm

Quote Originally Posted by flame angel View Post
    I fully agree this with Felix, buy it & use it so you know what's you need. We can just assume what camera suits him based on the questions he asked & provide him with

the best suggestions. ultimately, he will be the one to explore it.

agree bro!thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    I think the decisions lies with you. There are valuable inputs on whether a KR or K30 would be a better choice.
    If you don't want to burst your budget or saved up, KR will be the best.
    If you are willing to save up, K30 will be nice. I believe there are some brand new K30 still at shop, if not our B&S sure will have once K3 is out.

For me, i would recommend the K30. I try out the KR before, but it was not with me for long as I already have the K5 and I still prefer my K5.
    I sold my K5 for K30 and to me, the K30 is damn good and much better than K5 in some ways.

Reasons why K30 over KR:
    KR have Penta-mirror, approx. 96% field of view and the K30 have Penta-prism, 100% field of view. The difference in percentage may not be much but it is brighter and have higher magnification which is the same as the K5.

Dual Dials is a nice addition, and a great use when using Pentax TAV mode.

The AF module of the K30 is really a great improvement. The K5ii/iis only beat it with it better low light focus ability.

And lastly, the higher ISO of the K30 is much better. The sensor should be also the same one on the K50. It is still one of the best sensor in the market. Good Dynamic range and good high ISO up to 6400 (To me, 6400 is acceptable to me.)

It does not means the KR is not good. Lots of user here uses their KX/KR very well and does a better job than me.

Happy deciding..

with the addtional function of a k-30.will there be much different in the final product of the photo i snap?

limitation?as in?

Do let me know if you know anyone who WTS K-30 with kit.

with the addtional function of a k-30.will there be much different in the final product of the photo i snap?
    Whether it make any different in the final product, it will depends on how you snap it.

You mentioned you want to take toys models, how you you take the pictures? Would you be using what's available or would you prepare a small set up like reflector to get light on subject, led light/flash to create light.

So you create the final product, the camera only assist you.

There will be situations where you want the cameras to have the extra features.

1. 12mp vs 16mp. You got extra pixel for you to crop and to get the composition you want when needed.

2. When you are under low light and want your camera to response well or you can wait for it to focus and be a miss or hit situation. The moment don't wait for you.

3. Higher iso allows you to set higher shutter speed when you require it.

Try reading here for some basic notes.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Do you think this extra features are needed for you.

I have a good friend who bought over my Kx and take photos of the bears he hand makes. He had been using it since 2010 and I have not heard him complaint.

He uses a product stand and reflectors to shoot his bears at home.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by ranchy View Post
    Whether it make any different in the final product, it will depends on how you snap it.

You mentioned you want to take toys models, how you you take the pictures? Would you be using what's available or would you prepare a small set up like reflector to get light on subject, led light/flash to create light.

So you create the final product, the camera only assist you.

There will be situations where you want the cameras to have the extra features.

1. 12mp vs 16mp. You got extra pixel for you to crop and to get the composition you want when needed.

2. When you are under low light and want your camera to response well or you can wait for it to focus and be a miss or hit situation. The moment don't wait for you.

3. Higher iso allows you to set higher shutter speed when you require it.

Try reading here for some basic notes.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Do you think this extra features are needed for you.
    yeah,probably the extra features will help me...point 2 and 3 will help...as for toy photography,for now,I only make a black board background and use all the DIY lights I have with no reflector..

I have a good friend who bought over my Kx and take photos of the bears he hand makes. He had been using it since 2010 and I have not heard him complaint.

He uses a product stand and reflectors to shoot his bears at home.
    yeah,i guess its all about the user...Unless the the different features is a big thing.

Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345671015 ... LastLast