Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 301

Thread: pentax K-R start off

  1. #61

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Should be the macro/closeup thread I think.
    No, its here :

    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=15

  2. #62

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    No, its here :
    THANKS!!
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  3. #63
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bukit Batok
    Posts
    6,687

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    50 post is a loooonnngg way..hahahha.

    Anyway,where can I like post Toys photos here? under Macro/closeup or the portrait section?
    where got very long? just go to picture gallery hundreds of threads, choose 50 and type "this is so nice", "thanks for sharing", etc... easy right?

  4. #64

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by wonglp View Post
    where got very long? just go to picture gallery hundreds of threads, choose 50 and type "this is so nice", "thanks for sharing", etc... easy right?
    LOL!!!

    thanks for sharing this info LOLOLOL

    *no wonder i'm not a senior member with 2k post yet... have been doing it wrongly all this while LOLOL

  5. #65

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    hahaha thanks!
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  6. #66

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by hellfire88 View Post
    LOL!!!

    thanks for sharing this info LOLOLOL

    *no wonder i'm not a senior member with 2k post yet... have been doing it wrongly all this while LOLOL
    Awesome pictures bro ya have!
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  7. #67

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Just to share my views. I started with a Pentax K-r (after comparing with other brands) and it is a good one. It was already more than I could manage. Later, I won a K-30 last year and realised the "leap" from K-r to K-30 was much much bigger than I expected.
    1. Bright 100% viewfinder. No competitors at this price point.
    2. Dual dials.
    3. Weather resistant.
    4. Focus peaking. (I believe Pentax is the only one that has it on a DSLR with OVF)
    5. Remote shutter release cable port. (K-r does not have it)
    Therefore, I would suggest that you save up slightly a bit more and get a 2nd hand K-30 in weeks to come when K-3 arrives.

  8. #68

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarelsek View Post
    Just to share my views. I started with a Pentax K-r (after comparing with other brands) and it is a good one. It was already more than I could manage. Later, I won a K-30 last year and realised the "leap" from K-r to K-30 was much much bigger than I expected.
    1. Bright 100% viewfinder. No competitors at this price point.
    2. Dual dials.
    3. Weather resistant.
    4. Focus peaking. (I believe Pentax is the only one that has it on a DSLR with OVF)
    5. Remote shutter release cable port. (K-r does not have it)
    Therefore, I would suggest that you save up slightly a bit more and get a 2nd hand K-30 in weeks to come when K-3 arrives.
    mm

    hmmmm...i planned not to spend much for a start...and maybe save more in future for an upgrade.hahaha.
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  9. #69

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    Awesome pictures bro ya have!
    thanks! most of the shots are taken with the K-r

    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarelsek View Post
    Just to share my views. I started with a Pentax K-r (after comparing with other brands) and it is a good one. It was already more than I could manage. Later, I won a K-30 last year and realised the "leap" from K-r to K-30 was much much bigger than I expected.
    1. Bright 100% viewfinder. No competitors at this price point.
    2. Dual dials.
    3. Weather resistant.
    4. Focus peaking. (I believe Pentax is the only one that has it on a DSLR with OVF)
    5. Remote shutter release cable port. (K-r does not have it)
    Therefore, I would suggest that you save up slightly a bit more and get a 2nd hand K-30 in weeks to come when K-3 arrives.
    1. 100% viewfinder is a good to have feature... But not critical, you still can take photos with a 96% viewfinder.
    2. Depends on your shooting style. Manual mode shooters will love this. I shoot in Aperture priority mode almost 90% of the time, last 10% is Bulb mode so single dial is more than enough for me.
    3. Good to have feature but even if camera is weather resistant, human is not weather resistant (if you know what i mean). Besides K-r can survive/still shoot in light rain condition. You need to consider if the lenses you have are WR as well...
    4. Good to have if you shoot with manual lenses. If you shoot with AF most of the time, I don't see how focus peaking will help much (correct me if i'm wrong)
    5. Non critical, can use third party remote (I am using that)

    Having said that a K-r is good enough to take good photos. Value wise, a second hand K-30 provides better value for the price.

  10. #70

    Default

    True true..if I didn't get the K-30, I should be still using my K-r with little intention to upgrade. Haha..
    Nikon F, Olympus OM, Contax Yashica C/Y & Konica AR lenses on my PENTAX
    Adaptist

  11. #71

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Here are my few cents on this.

    2. Depends on your shooting style. Manual mode shooters will love this. I shoot in Aperture priority mode almost 90% of the time, last 10% is Bulb mode so single dial is more than enough for me.
    >> Good to have.
    some guys shoot in P mode.

    Even in Av mode, the other dial can change exposure, useful to quickly change the exposure bias.
    Eg. Street shooting, think like in Little India...
    walk on the bright street and then suddenly chance on a old man peering out from the dark shop house inside.
    Quickly dial in -1Ev to compensate for exposure.
    Much faster than fiddling with +/- button then start to dial

    Eg. You spot a nice looking flower when you are with the tour group and they won't stop for you.
    You shoot once, immediately find that its too overexposed.
    Quickly scroll the ev compensation, and shoot more more time, then hurry back to join the group.

    All this may sound like, its as easy to press button, adjust ev and so on, but under the urgency of the moment, a 2nd dial will buy you some relief for sure.


    3. Good to have feature but even if camera is weather resistant, human is not weather resistant (if you know what i mean). Besides K-r can survive/still shoot in light rain condition. You need to consider if the lenses you have are WR as well...
    >> We just don't know what weather situations we can get into.

    I've been to couple of trips, Taiwan/Japan where it rained quite a bit, but unlike in SGP where I can just pack to go home, when time/money is spend on a trip, we will try to get some pictures.
    I have a plastic poncho in my camera bag.

    My most recent trip to Japan.
    It rained almost the whole afternoon in Odaiba.
    I had to make the most of it, so whenever the rain was not too heavy to be useless for photos, I ventured around in a poncho,
    No weather sealed lens, but I simply kept my K30 LCD side up and let the rain pelt on it, knowing that it was sealed.
    I'm pretty sure a non-WR camera would be much harder juggling the bag, tripod, etc and trying to keep the camera out of the rain, or keep keeping and taking out the camera from the bag to keep it dry.

    All the 3 locations are a distance from each other.... in the rain.....







    The same thing happened when I was in Kamakura actually...


    4. Good to have if you shoot with manual lenses. If you shoot with AF most of the time, I don't see how focus peaking will help much (correct me if i'm wrong)
    >> Macro;

    5. Non critical, can use third party remote (I am using that)
    >> The remote cable is useful for 3 shot exposure bracketing which is not possible on Kr/K30 with IR remote.



    Overall, I have to say that K30 is very near to whatever an enthusiast will need for most practical intents.
    Cameras will get better in the future of course, but when it comes to real use purposes, be it printing large A3/A3+; decent enough pixels to get away with cropping for better composition; good enough iso performance to take photos in many real situations, etc, the K30 is practically enough at a very good price.
    Last edited by pinholecam; 31st October 2013 at 08:41 PM.

  12. #72

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by hellfire88 View Post
    thanks! most of the shots are taken with the K-r



    1. 100% viewfinder is a good to have feature... But not critical, you still can take photos with a 96% viewfinder.
    2. Depends on your shooting style. Manual mode shooters will love this. I shoot in Aperture priority mode almost 90% of the time, last 10% is Bulb mode so single dial is more than enough for me.
    3. Good to have feature but even if camera is weather resistant, human is not weather resistant (if you know what i mean). Besides K-r can survive/still shoot in light rain condition. You need to consider if the lenses you have are WR as well...
    4. Good to have if you shoot with manual lenses. If you shoot with AF most of the time, I don't see how focus peaking will help much (correct me if i'm wrong)
    5. Non critical, can use third party remote (I am using that)

    Having said that a K-r is good enough to take good photos. Value wise, a second hand K-30 provides better value for the price.
    thank you for the piece of advice.I will do more comparison!
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  13. #73

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Here are my few cents on this.

    2. Depends on your shooting style. Manual mode shooters will love this. I shoot in Aperture priority mode almost 90% of the time, last 10% is Bulb mode so single dial is more than enough for me.
    >> Good to have.
    some guys shoot in P mode.

    Even in Av mode, the other dial can change exposure, useful to quickly change the exposure bias.
    Eg. Street shooting, think like in Little India...
    walk on the bright street and then suddenly chance on a old man peering out from the dark shop house inside.
    Quickly dial in -1Ev to compensate for exposure.
    Much faster than fiddling with +/- button then start to dial

    Eg. You spot a nice looking flower when you are with the tour group and they won't stop for you.
    You shoot once, immediately find that its too overexposed.
    Quickly scroll the ev compensation, and shoot more more time, then hurry back to join the group.

    All this may sound like, its as easy to press button, adjust ev and so on, but under the urgency of the moment, a 2nd dial will buy you some relief for sure.


    3. Good to have feature but even if camera is weather resistant, human is not weather resistant (if you know what i mean). Besides K-r can survive/still shoot in light rain condition. You need to consider if the lenses you have are WR as well...
    >> We just don't know what weather situations we can get into.

    I've been to couple of trips, Taiwan/Japan where it rained quite a bit, but unlike in SGP where I can just pack to go home, when time/money is spend on a trip, we will try to get some pictures.
    I have a plastic poncho in my camera bag.

    My most recent trip to Japan.
    It rained almost the whole afternoon in Odaiba.
    I had to make the most of it, so whenever the rain was not too heavy to be useless for photos, I ventured around in a poncho,
    No weather sealed lens, but I simply kept my K30 LCD side up and let the rain pelt on it, knowing that it was sealed.
    I'm pretty sure a non-WR camera would be much harder juggling the bag, tripod, etc and trying to keep the camera out of the rain, or keep keeping and taking out the camera from the bag to keep it dry.

    All the 3 locations are a distance from each other.... in the rain.....







    The same thing happened when I was in Kamakura actually...


    4. Good to have if you shoot with manual lenses. If you shoot with AF most of the time, I don't see how focus peaking will help much (correct me if i'm wrong)
    >> Macro;

    5. Non critical, can use third party remote (I am using that)
    >> The remote cable is useful for 3 shot exposure bracketing which is not possible on Kr/K30 with IR remote.



    Overall, I have to say that K30 is very near to whatever an enthusiast will need for most practical intents.
    Cameras will get better in the future of course, but when it comes to real use purposes, be it printing large A3/A3+; decent enough pixels to get away with cropping for better composition; good enough iso performance to take photos in many real situations, etc, the K30 is practically enough at a very good price.

    you would also go with,save more for a k-30?


    I dont know if i am willing to save more,cause i have really placed a budget of max $360 to get a DSLR.hahaha.let me think again ..hmmmmm
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  14. #74

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    you would also go with,save more for a k-30?


    I dont know if i am willing to save more,cause i have really placed a budget of max $360 to get a DSLR.hahaha.let me think again ..hmmmmm
    Bro, It sounds as if you were broke! I'm just kidding Frankly, with such a tight budget, it is not possible for you to get

    any DSLR. I'd suggest you to save a little more, settle for as least a K30. It is always cheaper to settle for something better

    than to regret & buy again later.

  15. #75
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by flame angel View Post
    Bro, It sounds as if you were broke! I'm just kidding Frankly, with such a tight budget, it is not possible for you to get

    any DSLR. I'd suggest you to save a little more, settle for as least a K30. It is always cheaper to settle for something better

    than to regret & buy again later.
    Hope he can save faster or else the K30 become the next "not to get" DSLR, by the time he saves enough.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  16. #76
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Hope he can save faster or else the K30 become the next "not to get" DSLR, by the time he saves enough.
    I want a black or silver/white K30... but most shop no have or only left with blue K30 kit lens.... I totally miss the train.... so got to wait for next train but along the way it lost its 0....

  17. #77
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by N-user View Post
    I want a black or silver/white K30... but most shop no have or only left with blue K30 kit lens.... I totally miss the train.... so got to wait for next train but along the way it lost its 0....

    If you dig in the B&S thread, I remembered seeing a silver/white K30 for sale.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  18. #78

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Hope he can save faster or else the K30 become the next "not to get" DSLR, by the time he saves enough.
    It's true that getting a latest DSLR fares better than an outdated ones. Especially when there's a new release coming on the way, the current one will lose its "glamour" very soon.

  19. #79
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    TPY
    Posts
    2,458

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post

    If you dig in the B&S thread, I remembered seeing a silver/white K30 for sale.
    Thanks bro.... I might just wait for the K3 since its coming soon.....

  20. #80
    Senior Member sunnycamera's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    SG
    Posts
    2,028

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    as long as it take good photo, that is most important.

    the best tool is the one getting the job done.

    even companies nowadays have tight budget for everything, as long as they found the right employee, they won't over expend too much for other over-qualified candidates.
    K-01: S8FE, DA35, DA70 Flickr

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 23456914 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •