Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 LastLast
Results 261 to 280 of 301

Thread: pentax K-R start off

  1. #261

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by moronfans View Post
    Let me share something with you:

    I was initially a canon 600D user. I was enticed to join in the camp by my friends for the same reason - sharing lense. However, what really happen is, I bought a sigma 17-50 (not cheap 2years back) and they kept on borrowing from me. They only have cheap kit lense and 50mm f1.8 which I already have to counter offer me. They told me no money buy lense. I felt cheated.

    Then I chance abt Pentax and I bought k-r with tamron 17-50. And I felt that for my hobby usage (mainly portrait), Pentax system is so much affordable to maintain. And yes, I do miss the articulated screen from my 600D. But come on, a normal user only use like 10% of the time.

    Moreover, when I go for the Pentax meeting, I made so many friends and even strangers whom I met for the first time were kind to lend me their prized lense to test out. We had a close knit community that no other camp can compared.

    Having said all these, I do admit missing some of the feature that canon can offer. Things like FF camera bodies, easy lense rental service, wide choices of lense etc... Just remember that we are talking abt a camera system instead of camera bodies and expensive lense. Much more to consider. I upgrade from a k-r to a k30 and I'm contented. My lense collection had grew adequately to satisfy my hobby needs and I'm proud to stay as a Pentaxian.


    wah bro..your reply is good...its like in the same situation .hahhah
    thanks for the info.!

    probably i would stay with pentax,just slowly find some third party lenses etc.
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  2. #262

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by alwaysjerricky View Post
    550D does not have a rotating screen. If you want to, 600D is a viable choice but k30 has much better than IQ. But what do you want from the k30 that is not in the kr? I recommend upgrading lenses in case.

    As for sharing lenses, do keep in mind that if you accidentally drop/break you friends' lenses, it will be quite difficult to rectify the situation (friendship, money, etc).
    hmmm,in terms of specs?megapixel?and capability ?

    that part,on dropping it..i agree with u.haha
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  3. #263

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post
    I think buddies are important, they could help you decide if you need to change to Canon 550 or 600. I think you need time to decide, suggest your buddy to exchange camera system for 1 week with your Kr and then play around w his Canon for 1 week, then you decide which one you like.

    You seemed have no particular technical reason why you need to upgrade to K30, based on your posts here. If you have any technical reason or if you find that with Kr you can't achieve the shot quality you want, share here, then it would be easier to make a decision.
    that is a good suggestion bro!


    about the tech specs..i really dont know what is the difference and what other petax model there are to upgrade to...
    maybe for K-30,in terms of pic quality,capability?
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  4. #264
    Member PhilipKr35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Yew Tee
    Posts
    1,615

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    that is a good suggestion bro! about the tech specs..i really dont know what is the difference and what other petax model there are to upgrade to... maybe for K-30,in terms of pic quality,capability?
    If I recall correctly, you are the one who shoot toys models ? For toys models, you probably use the LCD screen more than normal, n may take shots at difficult angles, like lying on the floor, Pentax DSLR don't have articulating LCD , so, your point of discontent w Kr may be here.

    If it is between Kr n K30, they are different in megapixels 12 vs 16, if you shoot toys , you probably pixel peeping, so K30 is better, but if shoot in studio home controlled lighting, u may not see any difference. K30 has extra features like weather seal, better LCD live view, good price on BNS .

    Lens wise if u shoot toys , buy DA35mm f2.8 macro, it's the best,
    and keep your 50mm f1.8.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

  5. #265
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    I want to invest on pentax lenses,as I already have some idea on which lens to get.just that in the market,pentax items are lesser easier to find..and im a newbie,so i would probably not know the prices of the various lenses...posting with too low price might get me kena screw.hahaha
    Zack,

    Join us on 25th and you can really see and feel and then decide. Most f us don't sell off lenses often as we already know what we want and we use those lenses. Only those who are changing system or upgrading to other lenses sell off current lenses.

    As you have a budget, stick to investing in lenses, not keep on changing bodies. See whatsapp. I replied about a K30.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  6. #266

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    no la.hahha.in my opinion,pentax is a lil more harder to find lens.haha
    or maybe i didnt search much
    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    I want to invest on pentax lenses,as I already have some idea on which lens to get.just that in the market,pentax items are lesser easier to find..and im a newbie,so i would probably not know the prices of the various lenses...posting with too low price might get me kena screw.hahaha
    I think you are not looking hard enough for those lenses. For example, the Tamron 17-50, it has been in Pentax B&S a couple of times, there's even a very good deal for it and was sold off quickly.

    To understand the price, always look around the B&S or maybe just pop by those retailers shop to ask.

    There's a even better place to understand and learn more about the price. Even better, you can even have a chance to play all the lenses and camera. That is to join the Pentax outing!!

  7. #267
    Senior Member oceanpriest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ghim Moh
    Posts
    3,453

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    no la.hahha.in my opinion,pentax is a lil more harder to find lens.haha
    or maybe i didnt search much
    if u looking for some specialized focal length lenses (50-500mm, 180mm macro), that's maybe true. but then, when you are at that stage already (needing those focal lengths), there's always lobang to find it

    now pentax is different from few years back, u can find pentax in many shops easily. da 50 1.8, da 35 2.4, da 40 2.8 xs all very easy to find. just go to tk photo, slr revo, orient, ms color, etc...

    "Pentax Lens are hard to find" is just myth (I believe come from small minded canikon users who din know there are thousands of pentax K and m42 mount lenses out there)

  8. #268

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    I am currently using K-R with 18-55 and DA50mm/1.8

    Am unsure to upgrade to k-30 (2nd hand) and get a either sigma 17-55/2.8 or tamron 17-50/2.8

    Or..change to canon 550d/600d(2nd hand) and sell of my current set..reason being,
    -I like how the lcd screen can bring out and rotate etc
    -most friends of mine uses canon...we can use each other's lens..

    Any suggestion, I need a non-biase suggestion ^.^

    Thanks and have a nice day!
    Lets be frank..

    How many really great shots are taken with tilting LCD screen?
    I mostly only see sub-par overhead shot of VIP or club shots.
    Its nice to have of course, but no deal breaker imo for good photography.

    Can use each other's lens, is often touted as a reason to buy the same brand as friends.
    In reality, it usually does not happen or applies to pretty low end stuff.
    Unless you have rich+very generous friends of course.
    Also, remember that if you borrow, you need to be prepared to pay up if you damage.
    Even worse, you borrow, return and friend thinks that lens was 'dinged' (maybe you did, maybe you did not)
    But he will always think you did.....


    My advise, stick to the Kr unless you are limited by it.
    Get a better lens if you need/want.
    More importantly, shoot more, readup more, review your shots to improve.
    Also join the outings to pick up on skills by talking/asking the more experienced shooters.

  9. #269

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Lets be frank..
    I can see everybody wants to be ME


    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    How many really great shots are taken with tilting LCD screen?
    I mostly only see sub-par overhead shot of VIP or club shots.
    Its nice to have of course, but no deal breaker imo for good photography.

    Can use each other's lens, is often touted as a reason to buy the same brand as friends.
    In reality, it usually does not happen or applies to pretty low end stuff.
    Unless you have rich+very generous friends of course.
    Also, remember that if you borrow, you need to be prepared to pay up if you damage.
    Even worse, you borrow, return and friend thinks that lens was 'dinged' (maybe you did, maybe you did not)
    But he will always think you did.....


    My advise, stick to the Kr unless you are limited by it.
    Get a better lens if you need/want.
    More importantly, shoot more, readup more, review your shots to improve.
    Also join the outings to pick up on skills by talking/asking the more experienced shooters.
    Well said JK.

    All current dSLR cameras are good enough for most people including pros. We amateurs intend to blame the cameras/lenses if we can't get good shots, actually it's ourselves that's to be blamed. Most time an upgrade isn't 'need' but 'want'. The best upgrade would be our photo skills.

    And as to sharing or borrowing lenses, to be honest, I don't like to pass my lenses to other people to use (although I've done this plenty of times), and I never liked or enjoyed borrowing others' lenses (did a few times) unless it's from the distributors (testing). This really isn't a good reason to change system. Actually I'd rather use a different system if all my friends are using some popular brands like C/N/S. You know, to be different (in a good way of course) can be a lot fun too

  10. #270

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    actually if alot of my friends are photographers (better still that they using the same system), then i will not buy any camera at all..just borrow body from Friend A and lenses from Friend B & C...

  11. #271
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Today borrow Friend A's body and Friend B's lens. Next week borrow Friend C's body and Friend Z's lens. It can go on and on and on.. . . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  12. #272

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Borrow friend's cameras and lenses...

    ...then shoot better than them

  13. #273

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post
    If I recall correctly, you are the one who shoot toys models ? For toys models, you probably use the LCD screen more than normal, n may take shots at difficult angles, like lying on the floor, Pentax DSLR don't have articulating LCD , so, your point of discontent w Kr may be here.

    If it is between Kr n K30, they are different in megapixels 12 vs 16, if you shoot toys , you probably pixel peeping, so K30 is better, but if shoot in studio home controlled lighting, u may not see any difference. K30 has extra features like weather seal, better LCD live view, good price on BNS .

    Lens wise if u shoot toys , buy DA35mm f2.8 macro, it's the best,
    and keep your 50mm f1.8.
    yes you are right bro,i did manage to get decent toy shot with my current KR..Both outdoor and indoor..
    so far,i have not thought of impossible angle for toy shots,by you actually gave me an idea.hahha.thanks!

    probably the better LV is also the reason of thinking to upgrade..
    and need to save up for that macro lens.hahah
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  14. #274

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    Zack,

    Join us on 25th and you can really see and feel and then decide. Most f us don't sell off lenses often as we already know what we want and we use those lenses. Only those who are changing system or upgrading to other lenses sell off current lenses.

    As you have a budget, stick to investing in lenses, not keep on changing bodies. See whatsapp. I replied about a K30.
    i dont think i am able to make it,i am working on that day :/

    thanks bro,!!
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  15. #275

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by oceanpriest View Post
    if u looking for some specialized focal length lenses (50-500mm, 180mm macro), that's maybe true. but then, when you are at that stage already (needing those focal lengths), there's always lobang to find it

    now pentax is different from few years back, u can find pentax in many shops easily. da 50 1.8, da 35 2.4, da 40 2.8 xs all very easy to find. just go to tk photo, slr revo, orient, ms color, etc...

    "Pentax Lens are hard to find" is just myth (I believe come from small minded canikon users who din know there are thousands of pentax K and m42 mount lenses out there)
    yeah i will try looking around harder
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  16. #276

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post
    Lets be frank..

    How many really great shots are taken with tilting LCD screen?
    I mostly only see sub-par overhead shot of VIP or club shots.
    Its nice to have of course, but no deal breaker imo for good photography.

    Can use each other's lens, is often touted as a reason to buy the same brand as friends.
    In reality, it usually does not happen or applies to pretty low end stuff.
    Unless you have rich+very generous friends of course.
    Also, remember that if you borrow, you need to be prepared to pay up if you damage.
    Even worse, you borrow, return and friend thinks that lens was 'dinged' (maybe you did, maybe you did not)
    But he will always think you did.....

    My advise, stick to the Kr unless you are limited by it.
    Get a better lens if you need/want.
    More importantly, shoot more, readup more, review your shots to improve.
    Also join the outings to pick up on skills by talking/asking the more experienced shooters.


    thanks for the good point bro!

    will definitely keep shooting.but must be aware of SC too.lol
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  17. #277

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    I can see everybody wants to be ME




    Well said JK.

    All current dSLR cameras are good enough for most people including pros. We amateurs intend to blame the cameras/lenses if we can't get good shots, actually it's ourselves that's to be blamed. Most time an upgrade isn't 'need' but 'want'. The best upgrade would be our photo skills.

    And as to sharing or borrowing lenses, to be honest, I don't like to pass my lenses to other people to use (although I've done this plenty of times), and I never liked or enjoyed borrowing others' lenses (did a few times) unless it's from the distributors (testing). This really isn't a good reason to change system. Actually I'd rather use a different system if all my friends are using some popular brands like C/N/S. You know, to be different (in a good way of course) can be a lot fun too

    yeah,i actually got to agree with the last part!
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

  18. #278
    Member simon6z's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Near Bishan Park Macdonald
    Posts
    812

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    i dont think i am able to make it,i am working on that day :/

    thanks bro,!!
    MC is the pill for you,taking urgent leave is another excuse to learn another thing you LIKE! See you there and if you need to sample lens can name out see any bro out there willing to share with you
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

  19. #279
    Senior Member felixcat8888's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    9,108

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    i dont think i am able to make it,i am working on that day :/

    thanks bro,!!
    I am the bad teacher. Take MC or take URGENT leave. Meet up with us and learn from us. We do this once a month and share knowledge and friendship. See you there . . .
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2



  20. #280

    Default Re: pentax K-R start off

    Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    MC is the pill for you,taking urgent leave is another excuse to learn another thing you LIKE! See you there and if you need to sample lens can name out see any bro out there willing to share with you
    Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    I am the bad teacher. Take MC or take URGENT leave. Meet up with us and learn from us. We do this once a month and share knowledge and friendship. See you there . . .
    MC leave = Mastering Camera leave

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 491213141516 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •