Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: pentax K-R start off

Default Re: pentax K-R start off

You mean like this?

Raynox DCR-250

I've used it on a 55-300mm kit lens before when I was starting out. Is pretty good. Needed someone to teach me how to use it properly first.

Sample shots on 55-300 + Raynox:

I found myself moving onto the Tamron 90mm macro lens immediately after a couple of days' worth of using, though.
    Last edited by symmetrix; 10th December 2013 at 12:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by zackdeth View Post
    hi all

i am wondering.is there like this cheat macro adapter thingy where by you can attach to any lens and it can macro focus?
    buying a tamron 90mm helps
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

hi all

i am wondering.is there like this cheat macro adapter thingy where by you can attach to any lens and it can macro focus?
    There are many ways to do macro. Best of course to have a 1:1 macro lens n flash setup. 2nd u have the raynox. 3rd u can buy those cheap macro adapter rings . 4th u can reverse your lens n shoot with a reverse lens kit.

Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix View Post
    You mean like this?

Raynox DCR-250

I've used it on a 55-300mm kit lens before when I was starting out. Is pretty good. Needed someone to teach me how to use it properly first.

Sample shots on 55-300 + Raynox:

I found myself moving onto the Tamron 90mm macro lens immediately after a couple of days' worth of using, though.
    is this a macro ring?
    never saw one before.lol
    http://www.flickr.com/zackdeth/

Quote Originally Posted by simon6z View Post
    buying a tamron 90mm helps
    will try to search for it...needa macro lens for toy photography.hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by poseur View Post
    There are many ways to do macro. Best of course to have a 1:1 macro lens n flash setup. 2nd u have the raynox. 3rd u can buy those cheap macro adapter rings . 4th u can reverse your lens n shoot with a reverse lens kit.
    cheap macro rings will make the lens I attach it on be able to focus on close up?even on non macro lens? and never heard of revers lens kit.hahhaa

cheap macro rings will make the lens I attach it on be able to focus on close up?even on non macro lens? and never heard of revers lens kit.hahhaa
    Yes u can. The technical design of the macro lens is not really an engineering wonder. Basically the rear lens element if u have a distance between that n the sensor. The closer u can focus on your subject. As u move closer u get your "macro" effect

is this a macro ring?
    never saw one before.lol
    It's a piece of glass you clip in front of your lens like a lens cap. Then it will allow you to focus closer on objects. But yes, best if you get a dedicated macro lens instead.

Go ebay search "k mount macro tube" to see references photo .
    Last edited by poseur; 12th December 2013 at 10:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by symmetrix View Post
    It's a piece of glass you clip in front of your lens like a lens cap. Then it will allow you to focus closer on objects. But yes, best if you get a dedicated macro lens instead.

what will be the cost?is it a universal cap or have to find pentax compatible?

Yes u can. The technical design of the macro lens is not really an engineering wonder. Basically the rear lens element if u have a distance between that n the sensor. The closer u can focus on your subject. As u move closer u get your "macro" effect
    i see i see..will do a read up

what would be a great lens for potrait? or perhaps wedding photoshoot?

DA*1650 F2.8 or tamron 1750 F2.8. Pair with a fast recycling flash

DA*1650 F2.8 or tamron 1750 F2.8. Pair with a fast recycling flash
    Talking of fast recycling flash, I'm amazed with Yongnuo recycle speed! But manual though..

Could you shortlist what are the range of fast recycling pTTL flashes?

PS: ZackDeth, it's hard to recommend lenses for portraits. There are so many and they are all good.. What are your requirements or what do you specifically look for in your usage?

Wedding can be quite vague: zoom - 16-50/2.8, Tammy 17-50/2.8
    Large spaces: 50-135/2.8 also can.

Prime: anything 50mm and above according to space constraint.
    Last edited by SyncGuy; 2nd January 2014 at 04:25 PM.
    Pentax Kr, Pentax Super A
    K105/2.8, Fa*24/2, A28/2, A35/2, A50/1.4, A*85/1.4, A100/2.8, A135/2.8

I'd recommend a limited DA 70mm, it's a quality lens for portraiture. By the way, prime lens is more

difficult to use than a zoom. Sometime it can be frustrated at a fixed focal lens if you don't know how to

use it. But once you've got the knack using it, you will love it.

For zoom lenses, the DA* 16-50 and DA* 50-135 are great for portrait as well, they are more

versatile as a zoom. But they come with a higher price. Do note that I've not used the aforesaid

zoom lens, but if I were you & seriously considering a zoom, both are the option I would consider.
    Last edited by flame angel; 2nd January 2014 at 10:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SyncGuy View Post

Talking of fast recycling flash, I'm amazed with Yongnuo recycle speed! But manual though..

Could you shortlist what are the range of fast recycling pTTL flashes?

PS: ZackDeth, it's hard to recommend lenses for portraits. There are so many and they are all good.. What are your requirements or what do you specifically look for in your usage?

Wedding can be quite vague: zoom - 16-50/2.8, Tammy 17-50/2.8
    Large spaces: 50-135/2.8 also can.

Prime: anything 50mm and above according to space constraint.
    Well metz 58 series with the external battery pack will super charge your flash. The battery pack is expensive tho.

youngnuo also can plug in battery pack. I have one of those for my strobing. Cheap cheao but is fully manual.

no such thing as a "great" lens for portraits imo - its like asking what is a great "walkabout" lens - any lens also can. its how you want to use it.

what most bros have recommended - DA*16-50 and Tamron 17-50 are good constant aperture zooms - they can shoot at f2.8 over their entire zoom range so they are better for indoor situations where lighting is uncertain. f2.8 also allows u to isolate your subject by blurring the background (the famous "bokeh").

this question (wedding shoot) was asked not too long ago here. the feeling was that if u are a beginner and the main photographer for a wedding, stick to gear that you are familiar with and use a flash.

Define the best lens is your eyes, your perspective point of view. You can have the most expensive lense but if no angle or so also no point. I am happy with my current sets especially da 40. If you are creative n good, a da 15 can take nice portraits too
    Sony A7II FE 28 Zeiss 55 FE 90 Sigma 150-600C

I saw a video on youtube where the speaker was a wedding photographer who uses fisheye lenses for weddings... and one camera in each hand.

I thought it was quite amusing and interesting.

I think the title of the video was "The art of the fisheye" or something like that.

I think I am unable to afford DA* for now.hahaha
    But that range has the best aperture,correct me if I am wrong..
    Inteding to get a lens this june..unsure which to get...hmmm...
    intending to try,model photography or fashion..like those pose with sharp clothings on.hahaha

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6910111213 ... LastLast