Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 53

Thread: nikon d800e

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    274

    Default nikon d800e

    hi i already own a d600, d7100 and v2 cameras. m thinking of getting the 800e as well but wondering whether i should invest in better glass instead. i have 70-200 f4, 24-120 f4, 85 f1.8 and 50 f1.8. and a sigma 10-20mm.

  2. #2

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    Why not D4?

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richardlim31 View Post
    hi i already own a d600, d7100 and v2 cameras. m thinking of getting the 800e as well but wondering whether i should invest in better glass instead. i have 70-200 f4, 24-120 f4, 85 f1.8 and 50 f1.8. and a sigma 10-20mm.
    What makes you think you need a d800e? There's a big difference between "investment" and "black hole"
    Alpha

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    1,976

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    Why do you need a D800e? You current camera bodies are already good enuff. Something lacking?
    In the eyes of the beholder!

  5. #5

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    with ur current camera bodies, you can do lots of things already. buying d800e will be extra and a waste of money unless maybe u going to sell away one of ur DSLRs.

    buy lens better.

  6. #6
    Member iguanavon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Shimonoseki
    Posts
    520

    Default

    If you enjoying spending, rather you get lenses than body...

  7. #7

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    the D600 is more of a general purpose FF camera, while the D800E is more for Portraits and Landscape.

    what genre of photography are you looking at? your lens range is good enough, but is the camera suited for your purpose? you should ask yourself that question

  8. #8
    Moderator catchlights's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Punggol, Singapore
    Posts
    21,902

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    14-24f2.8, 24-70f2.8, 70-200f2.8, 24f1.4, 35.f1.4, 50.f1.4, 85f1.4, 200f2 300f2.8...... I think that should be good enough, there wasn't much you needed other then these.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

  9. #9
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    Quote Originally Posted by richardlim31 View Post
    hi i already own a d600, d7100 and v2 cameras. m thinking of getting the 800e as well but wondering whether i should invest in better glass instead. i have 70-200 f4, 24-120 f4, 85 f1.8 and 50 f1.8. and a sigma 10-20mm.
    If you think it is worth it... then it is worth it, if buying the D800E makes you happy and want to do more photography, then by all means, buy it. What other thinks might not applied to you.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

  10. #10
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    Thank you all

  11. #11

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    Quote Originally Posted by richardlim31 View Post
    Thank you all
    i think you need to elaborate on that.

    your final decision will also help other newbies who are deciding on whether or not to buy which camera.

  12. #12
    Senior Member denniskee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    bukit batok
    Posts
    5,468

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    How many camera u need? A back up for the back up?
    photography makes one sees things from all angles.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post
    i think you need to elaborate on that.

    your final decision will also help other newbies who are deciding on whether or not to buy which camera.
    sorry I just want to thank all of your replies....for the time being I will not get the 800E and save the money for the new 300mm f4 if there is one coming.

    thanks once again.

  14. #14
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richardlim31 View Post

    sorry I just want to thank all of your replies....for the time being I will not get the 800E and save the money for the new 300mm f4 if there is one coming.

    thanks once again.
    Or you can get the d800e and sell the d7100. Shooting the d800e at crop mode will get you results similar to d7100.

  15. #15
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Or you can get the d800e and sell the d7100. Shooting the d800e at crop mode will get you results similar to d7100.
    I find it difficult to sell off camera unless u sell it at very low price...so rather keep it with my current lenses u think they are good enough for the d800e?

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    1,976

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    Quote Originally Posted by richardlim31 View Post
    I find it difficult to sell off camera unless u sell it at very low price...so rather keep it with my current lenses u think they are good enough for the d800e?
    I feel that the longer you wait to sell your camera, the more losses you suffer. Esp when newer models are announced.
    In the eyes of the beholder!

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richardlim31
    hi i already own a d600, d7100 and v2 cameras. m thinking of getting the 800e as well but wondering whether i should invest in better glass instead. i have 70-200 f4, 24-120 f4, 85 f1.8 and 50 f1.8. and a sigma 10-20mm.
    Think u can invest in a flash & tripod instead if u currently dun own any.

  18. #18
    Moderator daredevil123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    lil red dot
    Posts
    21,627
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by richardlim31 View Post

    I find it difficult to sell off camera unless u sell it at very low price...so rather keep it with my current lenses u think they are good enough for the d800e?
    Yes. Your current lenses are ok. But if you want to go ff totally, sell the sigma 10-20 and get a uwa meant for ff.

    Personally I will sell things I don't use. Rather than holding on to them. Electronics are like that, depreciation is really fast.
    Last edited by daredevil123; 25th October 2013 at 05:42 AM.

  19. #19
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Seng Kang
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    Quote Originally Posted by daredevil123 View Post
    Yes. Your current lenses are ok. But if you want to go ff totally, sell the sigma 10-20 and get a uwa meant for ff.

    Personally I will sell things I don't use. Rather than holding on to them. Electronics are like that, depreciation is really fast.
    yes i already have a flash and tripod Huatman but so far no lens longer then 200mm.

    hi daredevil123 guess will keep it if cant sell unless theres a shop that allows trade in

  20. #20
    Moderator rhino123's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    NA
    Posts
    5,247

    Default Re: nikon d800e

    Quote Originally Posted by richardlim31 View Post
    sorry I just want to thank all of your replies....for the time being I will not get the 800E and save the money for the new 300mm f4 if there is one coming.

    thanks once again.
    You can also looked to Sigma's 120-300mm f2.8 OS or the Sigma 300mm f2.8... I believe they are in the range of around 3k... but are fabulous lenses.
    I am not a photographer, just someone who happened to have a couple of cameras.
    My lousy shots

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •