Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: if someone spits at you

Default if someone spits at you

10 times. what would you do?

ps: link will not provided, it's all over the net.
    Objection !!!

Default Re: if someone spits at you

Quote Originally Posted by ninelives View Post
    10 times. what would you do?

ps: link will not provided, it's all over the net.
    I like to wack this guy up..... he is not a man at all....

but all these issues are not new... these are just going to get worse as the population issues are not resolved properly......... and people get more and more rowdy, and there will be more conflicts... it has been building up for a while already......
    Last edited by Halfmoon; 24th October 2013 at 12:29 AM.
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmoon View Post
    I like to wack this guy up..... he is not a man at all....

but all these issues are not new... these are just going to get worse as the population issues are not resolved properly......... and people get more and more rowdy, and there will be more conflicts... it has been building up for a while already......
    wait... how did you arrive at population issues from a video on a guy being a jackass to others?

Quote Originally Posted by kei1309 View Post

wait... how did you arrive at population issues from a video on a guy being a jackass to others?
    More likely to brush up with others, more ugly things will happen..maybe

Think with or without population issue, this kind of ppl exist & this things may happened anywhere as long as there are more than 1 person at same place & time.
    Just that with camera phone, social media etc nowadays, we get to know & see more.

The lady can still stand there & seem keep trying to call someone on phone. Saw the video feel wanted to slap that guy, but think it correct decision do not have any physical contact also. Who knows the guy may turn over & say the lady beat/slap him.
    Last edited by huatman; 24th October 2013 at 01:44 AM.

I feel the interchange staff or security personnel should have done more to subdue the guy, rather than let him continue running around amok. No matter what the ladies did, and I do not doubt for a second that they were guilty of being antagonizing him, his post-conflict behaviour cannot be condoned.

That said, if someone spit on me, I would spear him and pin him to the ground. And fart in his face.

Very unfortunate that our so called security grading did not even equipped our security personnel with such basis knowledge to handle public dispute.

Most times, security only stand and watch without realizing they are in uniform and have the empowerment to act in the interest of public for incident within their property. I hope the authority will act on this and make sure everyone knows they cannot get away doing things like that no matter what happen.

if you go facebook, then go to smrt, lot of people complaint already...what's the point of having security if they can't do anything at all....

not everyone know self-defense, not everyone know kung fu....
    Objection !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Very unfortunate that our so called security grading did not even equipped our security personnel with such basis knowledge to handle public dispute.

Most times, security only stand and watch without realizing they are in uniform and have the empowerment to act in the interest of public for incident within their property. I hope the authority will act on this and make sure everyone knows they cannot get away doing things like that no matter what happen.

Yup...

Most of them are retiree over 50s... all don't have a warrant to arrest the person... all of them are NOT employed to handle security issue beyond reporting bags without owners...

Scuba & Father... For Life

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Most times, security only stand and watch without realizing they are in uniform and have the empowerment to act in the interest of public for incident within their property.
    Legal empowerment and mental training / physical capabilities are different things. When was the last time you had a look at the security staff? It's from the lowly paid workforce available: above 40 or older, sometimes physically challenged after injuries, women .. Do you expect these people to intervene, risking their health and lives for the shabby few Dollars they get? Don't tell me you would.
    These public service operators have to fork our more payment, training and use a different hiring policy if they want to have security staff that is able and willing to intervene in such cases.
    I hope your authority will also act on the operators and their incapability of providing effective security. But I have little hopes, because then it's about less profit ..
    EOS

i think most of the people here watch too many american movies about Mall Cops who will apprehend suspects.

the real-life security guard will never attempt to arrest or go into self-defense mode. to arrest someone you need to have a police warrant card.

and to do self-defense maneuvers .. it's not easy. killing or seriously injuring someone is easier than just keeping that person in a submission hold. if both security personnel and antagonist are not trained, the situation might become worse than intended.

there are many keyboard warriors out there. but they are nothing more than empty vessels making noise.

you did notice that NO ONE stepped up to defend the victims, yet kept judging the staff of the interchange online.

i think most of the people here watch too many american movies about Mall Cops who will apprehend suspects.

the real-life security guard will never attempt to arrest or go into self-defense mode. to arrest someone you need to have a police warrant card.

and to do self-defense maneuvers .. it's not easy. killing or seriously injuring someone is easier than just keeping that person in a submission hold. if both security personnel and antagonist are not trained, the situation might become worse than intended.

there are many keyboard warriors out there. but they are nothing more than empty vessels making noise.

you did notice that NO ONE stepped up to defend the victims, yet kept judging the staff of the interchange online.
    well, at least they can pull the lady to somewhere safe !! somewhere away from the crazy man !!
    Objection !!!

it's easy to throw stones at the SMRT ppl at first glance. However, they may not be trained to handle such a situation. Chances are, they are trained to handle crowd control instead.
    So, give them a break. They are not the ones who created the scene.

What they should have done is to lead the antagonist or the lady to a room to separate them while waiting for the police to arrive. This will definitely cool down the situation immediately.

Legally there is a difference between arresting and and holding / securing till police arrives. Clearly, the former one requires a clear authorization, the latter one can be performed by anybody (unless you local laws here prohibit this). And I think that is something we could expect from security staff.
    A society successfully and nearly completely cleared of any civic courage, trained to wait for the relevant authorities (whoever that might be ...) ?
    EOS

actually... we also don't know if the lady refused to move from the spot.

but as i've said, restraining the person, as seen in the video the indian security guy did try to pull him back. but judging from his build and the antagonist's, there's no way that he'll be successful

actually... we also don't know if the lady refused to move from the spot.

but as i've said, restraining the person, as seen in the video the indian security guy did try to pull him back. but judging from his build and the antagonist's, there's no way that he'll be successful
    I thought security personnel should have some basic self defense training?
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

there is no way I would be spat 10 times in a row. By 3 its either him or me on the ground. well, if I am on the ground and he continues to spits I guess I have no choice but to accept. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post
    Yes.. its called "Do Nothing & Run"

Quote Originally Posted by Foxshade View Post

Those Aunties and Uncles are correctly known as 'Crowd Controller'... NOT security personal

Scuba & Father... For Life

Blog Entries

I avoid getting hit lor ....if get hit then I go home take a bath ...then bathe again ........
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast