Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: memory card problem

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    galaxy far far away
    Posts
    1,837

    Default memory card problem

    hi guys, i juz got myself a used D70 body, i was uising Sd cards from my previous digicam, and im wondering if it is worth it to get an SD card to CF card adapter. (ive got quite a few)
    any compatibility issues? did a search but cant find any info.

    east gear is selling for abt $75
    a new 512 CF card is ard the same price.

    my initial plan was to get alt least one 256 or 512, get the adapter, and juz use the rest of my SD cards (normal speeds)

    any advice?
    thanks
    give me a pen, and i'll give you my signature

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default

    May not worth.
    A SD/CF converter is abt $75, but new CF cards are faster speed than SD cards.
    Your plan works only if you still use SD cards on other cameras/pda/phones/etc.
    If you no longer need the SD cards, you can sell them in 2nd hand market and then use the cash to buy high speed CF cards.

  3. #3

    Default

    Bought a sd to cf card adaptor at sls activefoto for $39
    worth buying imo a good and sound investment
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Leith Road
    Posts
    134

    Default

    Hi incubus, just wanted to share with you the difference between the fast CF cards and the slower ones...

    On one of our night shoot outings, I was using my D70 and taking with exposure time of 30 seconds. My friend next to me was doing the same with exactly the same settings. The difference was that I was using Sandisk Ultra II 1G and he was using Kingston 1G. After the shutter closed, mine took about 1-2 seconds to write. His however, took 40+ seconds. So basically, in the time that we were there, I took about twice the amount he took. And the worst part was that when the boats along the Bay were approaching, he couldn't do anything as the camera was still wrinting onto the card.

    I'm not sure about using those convertors for SD cards, but I think it would be worth checking out with those who have before buying. Specificall, ask them to shoot long exposures and see it happens to theirs as well. I think for fast shutter speeds, this might not happen.

    Cheers!

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    galaxy far far away
    Posts
    1,837

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Your plan works only if you still use SD cards on other cameras/pda/phones/etc.
    If you no longer need the SD cards, you can sell them in 2nd hand market and then use the cash to buy high speed CF cards.
    dats the prob, 2 of the 256 cards actually belong to my bro who still uses it on his digicam. he use the camera very very slightly, likes once in 2 months or so.


    Quote Originally Posted by eow
    Bought a sd to cf card adaptor at sls activefoto for $39
    thanks for the info, shall go down there to take a look, which floor is active foto?

    Quote Originally Posted by Clark75
    but I think it would be worth checking out with those who have before buying. Specificall, ask them to shoot long exposures and see it happens to theirs as well. I think for fast shutter speeds, this might not happen.
    thanks, i think i shalll juz get one 256 or 512 CF for now. are there high speed ones for the cards of dat size?
    give me a pen, and i'll give you my signature

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by incubus
    hi guys, i juz got myself a used D70 body, i was uising Sd cards from my previous digicam, and im wondering if it is worth it to get an SD card to CF card adapter. (ive got quite a few)
    any compatibility issues? did a search but cant find any info.

    east gear is selling for abt $75
    a new 512 CF card is ard the same price.

    my initial plan was to get alt least one 256 or 512, get the adapter, and juz use the rest of my SD cards (normal speeds)

    any advice?
    thanks
    well it is better to get a CF card because it is must more reliable in writing in the shooting data files. furthermore it is a general rule use the correct type of card the camera supports

  7. #7

    Default

    there are three shops around at sls #02-76,#04-60 and #04-74
    头可断,血可流,倩女不可不追求 carpe diem,when in doubt, hoot first,apologise later:p GALLERY

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •