Thread: Deposit Upon Hotel Check-In

Default Deposit Upon Hotel Check-In

I remember that during my last 2 trips (to neighbouring Batam and KL) the hotel staff asked if I had a credit card and asked for a deposit (using the credit card) during check-in. I didn't mind in both cases and no "untoward" incident happened eventually.

But I'm just curious as to whether it is really necessary? Is the amount they were asking as deposit "debited" from the card's credit limit at that point in time? What if I just say "No, I don't have one"... what's gonna happen?

Just wanted to ask coz I'm going out again next month liao.

:Later,

Default Re: Deposit Upon Hotel Check-In

Tell them don't have and they just leave you alone :P That's what I did in Bangkok and Bali

They needed that in case you break anything and "steal" anything :PPP They won't need to ask from u again. They deduct straight and get you to sign only :P I think ;PPP Or could be just a security thingy ;PPP

well, i had to give my credit card to a hotel here upon checking in for my aunt arriving from another country. they said of course that it was just a security thing.

it actually deducted an amount from my card (abt $200), but it was "released" back a week later.

my card was a debit card, btw.

Originally posted by Que Lynn
    it actually deducted an amount from my card (abt $200), but it was "released" back a week later.
    Geez.. in that case, I better tell them I don't have one.

:Later,