Thread: Age

Default Age

Old people likes to say, I eat/walk/whatever more than you. But if they don't learn new things, their knowledge still the same for whole life, right? That's why I fed up with management (aka old people) who thinks they know every thing but ended, still ask me why I am good in this and that. Cause I willing to learn, practice, experience etc and not sits there to see how the world moves. When I talk to my mum over the phone, she also agreed on what I said some time as technology nowadays are totally different from their time. But some time, we still have to take advise (some) from old people, to respect them mah.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by BBTM View Post
    Old people likes to say, I eat/walk/whatever more than you. But if they don't learn new things, their knowledge still the same for whole life, right? That's why I fed up with management (aka old people) who thinks they know every thing but ended, still ask me why I am good in this and that. Cause I willing to learn, practice, experience etc and not sits there to see how the world moves. When I talk to my mum over the phone, she also agreed on what I said some time as technology nowadays are totally different from their time. But some time, we still have to take advise (some) from old people, to respect them mah.
    So your point is?

Learning how to create paragraphs and proper sentence structure to drive home the point more effectively?

Default Re: Age

Old folks think differently.

Some are evil to the core. Give subtle advice, and wait for the cliche: I told you so + hearty laughter.
    A true photograph need not be explained, nor can it be contained in words.
    ~Ansel Adams

I think the idea is that they have lived longer and have seen more things and in the process, gained more experience and wisdom.

Of course, the first part is true, but it does not necessarily lead to the conclusion of "gaining more wisdom".

Knowledge and wisdom are two different things.

Do worry, you will know what are the difference when you are old.
    Shoot to Live, Live to Shoot
    www.benjaminloo.com | iStock portfolio

Quote Originally Posted by catchlights View Post
    Knowledge and wisdom are two different things.

Do worry, you will know what are the difference when you are old.
    Old? Cross over 50, I happy. Over 60, I headache. Over 70, I rather die than suffers. Over 80, maybe consider killing myself, haha! I also scare too old, I sees those younger than me pass away, I more sad. I am ok with death, once I am born, death already there waiting for me.

How old are you? Are you the one at the left or right?

Last edited by Sion; 18th October 2013 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    I think the idea is that they have lived longer and have seen more things and in the process, gained more experience and wisdom.

Of course, the first part is true, but it does not necessarily lead to the conclusion of "gaining more wisdom".
    Maybe you haven't met him:

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    Maybe you haven't met him:

Your disciple ?

Age is just a number. If you think you are old, then you are. That is why mixing with young people will help to keep you young. Chatting here helps too as you will notice many young CS members sharing their views. TS is definitely one of the younger ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    Age is just a number. If you think you are old, then you are. That is why mixing with young people will help to keep you young. Chatting here helps too as you will notice many young CS members sharing their views. TS is definitely one of the younger ones.
    One leg in liao. Ha ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bukitimah View Post
    I fully agree on this. Knowledge is indispensable and if one is bend on learning whether young or old should not hold
    one back.
    5D/5D3/Zeiss/28-85/100 F2/200 F4/50 F1.4/70-200/24-85/85 F1.4
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/zeisser/

Age is just a number anyway....

I think more important is to upgrade and stay relevant and keep on learning that you keep yourself updated to the reality and I like the phrase, "learning begins from young until you die"........
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

One leg in liao. Ha ha!
    One leg in bed?

Sure the husband don't mind you?

Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post

One leg in bed?

Sure the husband don't mind you?
    Correct. Bed aka coffin. Ha ha!