Thread: How Does Camera Write Speeds Relate To Card Speeds?

Default How Does Camera Write Speeds Relate To Card Speeds?

hi,

been thinking abt this.

how do i find out what is the fastest speed that my camera can write? is it available on dpreview? cos i dunno what to look out for.

i wanna know the relation of the write speeds in relation to the write speeds of cards.

for eg. like the SanDisk Extreme III, has an incredible write speed, but i wanna know if there are any cameras that can even write as fast.

not sure if i m talking in cirles here

Quote Originally Posted by wainism
    hi,

been thinking abt this.

how do i find out what is the fastest speed that my camera can write? is it available on dpreview? cos i dunno what to look out for.

i wanna know the relation of the write speeds in relation to the write speeds of cards.

for eg. like the SanDisk Extreme III, has an incredible write speed, but i wanna know if there are any cameras that can even write as fast.

not sure if i m talking in cirles here
    Try reading this article...
    http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/mul...e.asp?cid=6007

don't worry. your camera or any camera can write many many times faster than any CF cards available now (incld Extreme III). The only bottleneck is the CF cards' slow write speed.

Until the day when CF card speeds reach 3digit MBits/sec transfer.. you have little to worry about your CF card out performing your camera.

But when the day comes, buffer flushing is a thing of the past.. we would have almost any buffer as big as your CF card!
    Last edited by yanyewkay; 29th May 2005 at 10:33 AM.
    How fortunate for leaders that men do not think. - Adolf Hitler