Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Section For Newbie Photographers

Default Re: New Section For Newbie Photographers

Quote Originally Posted by Agetan View Post
    John,

What needs to be said has been said. Sadly, any comments and advise are only worth a passing words to those who is unwilling to listen and learn.

Any platform is not going to help. It is the best for people who want to seek help find people that they are inspired and find their ways to get those to help them. A day of learning from a real master worth years of practice. It is a very small price to pay to gain years of time.

Regards,

Hart
    True, it's actually better to learn from a master than striving alone, though there's personal satisfaction. Learning from a real master can definitely ease off a lot of unnecessary challenges, what's more, one can genuinely learn and earn at the same time. Unfortunately it is hard to find a good match in today's context.

With such a diverse socio demographic, how would a mentor select his students and sustain his business? And what kind of mindset and personality should a mentee possess? Or should it be kept as an employer and employee relationship?

I probably think one has to ask why am I doing this or has chose this as a path? Could it be a better lifestyle, monetary reward, or an aspiration to create his set of masterpieces.

I maybe wrong as Pg industry is entirely different from a lot of other sectors which I have seen.

Default Re: New Section For Newbie Photographers

Quote Originally Posted by JohnTeo View Post
    True, it's actually better to learn from a master than striving alone, though there's personal satisfaction. Learning from a real master can definitely ease off a lot of unnecessary challenges, what's more, one can genuinely learn and earn at the same time. Unfortunately it is hard to find a good match in today's context.

With such a diverse socio demographic, how would a mentor select his students and sustain his business? And what kind of mindset and personality should a mentee possess? Or should it be kept as an employer and employee relationship?

I probably think one has to ask why am I doing this or has chose this as a path? Could it be a better lifestyle, monetary reward, or an aspiration to create his set of masterpieces.

I maybe wrong as Pg industry is entirely different from a lot of other sectors which I have seen.
    Finding a mentor isn't difficult, but as a mentor, finding a right mentee is difficult... a lot of time, it is only through conversation that the two either will make the connection or not.

It is not as simple...

Regards,

Hart

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12