hey guys! kinda facing a mini crisis here.. would really like to hear your opinions because so far no one's been breathing a word of advice to me ... i got accepted by nus (fass) & ntu (literature) and i can't make up my mind! i was actually contemplating mass comm @ ntu since journalism's the line i wanna enter but i wasn't confident (so i skipped the whole mass comm interview/test thing and now it's too late). so now i'm choosing between 1. majoring in lit (and info comm as minor) in nus or 2. majoring in lit (and mass comm as second major or as elective) in ntu. i'm clear of the pros and cons of each but i think if i get your opinions it'll enlighten me more so ...
the pros of nus:
1. reliable (100years of hist!)
2. certs from nus highly regarded
the pros of ntu:
1. direct honours course in lit
2. i can take mass comm as a minor/elective! (nus no mass comm)
3. they're offering double major ***
4. small lit cohort, heard they accepted 50 out of 650, meaning a closer prof-student relationship! not sure if stat is correct tho ...
the cons of nus:
1. large lit cohort, therefore profs not as close to students (heard it's about a thousand? )
2. no direct honours ... there're selection rounds!
the cons of ntu:
1. pioneer arts batch ...
2. abit ulu pandan ... (no offence to any ntu grads here!)
*** does anyone know if double majoring means graduating w/ a shared degree in, say, lit & mass comm?