View Poll Results: Shoot RAW or Jpeg for Events?

Voters
166. You may not vote on this poll
  • RAW

70 42.17%
  • Jpeg

82 49.40%
  • Doen't matter

9 5.42%
  • Client decide... not me

5 3.01%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Shoot JPEG or RAW for events?

Default Re: Shoot jpeg or raw for events

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Ang
    Nope, you have not flamed me, I am only saying that I cannot stop you from flaming me.
    Please read carefully too.

But after your post, you just did.

Which thus I re-emphasize again, I cannot stop you from flaming me.
    Sorry, sorry and again, sorry. I had no intention to flame you, hurt you or offend you in any way. Just wanted to respond to your comment on me personally. Me, not being flawless, not being native English speaker, writing and reading comments some times middle of the night, tired may not read your comment corectly or misunderstood the undertone in your comment. I promise to read more carefully in the future. Still, I think, almost everybody here mentiones his/her camera, in text or in subtitle on this forum. So, I still don't know why my mentionings of my cameras bother you. And I still don't understand what your comment on me mentioning my camera has got to do with the original subject. No flaming, just asking back.

I am ok with flaming. Again, I am also just to mention what I observed that's all.
    Andy Ang :lovegrin: - "A Photo speaks a thousand words. Have you spoken today?"
    APAD | Blog

that's the thing with just reading text...alot of what we normally use to communicate mood and tone is extra linguial...it is not found in the words but in the tone of speech...so in forums, alot of times misunderstandings are caused by such...so important to take others comments open mindedly and with the benefit of the doubt to other parties that they are not attacking you...and use smilies

Q1) If i send the RAW files for developing willl they have any problem?

I shot RAW recently,excuse me for my ignorance, when i realise the files could not be opened, by older version of PHOTOSHOP, i tried the latest version of ADOBE PS CS2..

Manage to open them, but end up again saving them as JPEG,

(Q2)does it mean the quality of the pix is downgraded?)

ha...need advice

I shot RAW recently,excuse me for my ignorance, when i realise the files could not be opened, by older version of PHOTOSHOP, i tried the latest version of ADOBE PS CS2..

ha...need advice

Quote Originally Posted by Leumas

ha...need advice
    yes, you can somewhat say that, but the downgrade is just like when u snap the pic, the camera covert it to jpg. the main thing about raw is that it gives you to ability to change WB, tweak exposure...etc which jpg doesn't really offer some of it.

as for me i normally shoot raw and then tweak the setting and convert it into jpg for archive (im not one that mind that much about losing that very slight quality)

I used to shoot JPG but I now stick to shooting RAW. Adobe Camera Raw does not respect in camera settings (I use a custom curve) so at first I avoided shooting in RAW due to this. But I've now switched my workflow over to Nikon View + Nikon Capture Editor which respects in-camera settings 100%.

As I'm still experimenting with FV Lock in order to prevent subjects blinking when I use iTTL flash, it is a good idea for me to shoot in RAW. What made me switch over from JPG was when I overexposed a few images which would have turned out to be very nice had I been able to correct the overexposure.

Yesterday I captured a lot of nice pictures but goofed up WB for all my outdoor shots. Thankfully I was able to correct them as I shot in RAW. JPG can correct quite a bit of those goof ups but not overexposure.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345