Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Croping: what is the resolution setting

  1. #1

    Default Croping: what is the resolution setting

    Hi,

    when I use photoshop to crop image to suit 4R printing, there is a setting that state resolution. What number should I put there is most appropriate?

    The default I think is 72 dpi, will change to 300 dpi make the image quality suffer?

    Thanks for advise in advance.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default Re: Croping: what is the resolution setting

    Originally posted by Whitesand
    Hi,

    when I use photoshop to crop image to suit 4R printing, there is a setting that state resolution. What number should I put there is most appropriate?

    The default I think is 72 dpi, will change to 300 dpi make the image quality suffer?

    Thanks for advise in advance.
    Use the marquee/select tool then do Image -> Crop instead. Less headache.

    Regards
    CK

  3. #3

    Default

    But I need to maintain that 4x6 ratio for 4R printing.

    So how?

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by Whitesand
    But I need to maintain that 4x6 ratio for 4R printing.

    So how?
    Use the Marquee tool, set the Options to "Constraint Aspect Ratio", "4:3" then select the area you want, then Image -> Crop.

    Regards
    CK

  5. #5
    Midnight
    Guests

    Default

    Originally posted by ckiang
    Use the Marquee tool, set the Options to "Constraint Aspect Ratio", "4:3" then select the area you want, then Image -> Crop.
    I think CK meant 3:2.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    6,405

    Default

    Originally posted by Midnight
    I think CK meant 3:2.
    Yes, typo. My bad.

    Regards
    CK

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •