Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30

Thread: Bad photo day

  1. #1

    Default Bad photo day

    I went to Sentosa this afternoon, stood at the beach and just went... hmmmmmmm...

    Proceeded to take photos and I must say it wasn't that good at all.

    Must I get a good picture each time I go out? Or will there be occasions like these where nothing seems to come through.

    Then again most of the beach was empty, so...

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kopiosatu
    I went to Sentosa this afternoon, stood at the beach and just went... hmmmmmmm...

    Proceeded to take photos and I must say it wasn't that good at all.

    Must I get a good picture each time I go out? Or will there be occasions like these where nothing seems to come through.

    Then again most of the beach was empty, so...
    it's ok, part of the experience. last time i take almost anything that looks interesting, nowadays unless i know it's going to be something really good i won't even take out the camera. next time you go there and the same thing happen just enjoy the breeze lor

  3. #3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    it's ok, part of the experience. last time i take almost anything that looks interesting, nowadays unless i know it's going to be something really good i won't even take out the camera. next time you go there and the same thing happen just enjoy the breeze lor
    I was told by my friend to be more selective about my shots.

    If this goes on I'll end up taking nothing!! hahaha~

    Recently I've noticed I have been become selective and the pics I took today are just not what I wanted

    And yeah, if I take nothing I might as well just enjoy the breeze

  4. #4
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    dun worry,thats something u gotta learn... sometimes when i go out shooting for fun, i also ended up with no shots because the entire day, the street was bare.. nothing interesting for me to visualise...

    take it as a learning experience lor..

  5. #5

    Default

    i'm no pro at photography, but i haven't had any decent shots in months, it's frustrating to say the least. i don't even wanna touch my camera at times.

    and i guess it also has something to do with my mood the past couple of months.

    don't worry la, my "decent" photo to sh.it photos ratio is something like 1:500, maybe even much worse. no big deal, just gotta keep shooting i guess.

  6. #6
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default

    learn to see different, there are shots to take everywhere.

  7. #7

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kopiosatu
    I went to Sentosa this afternoon, stood at the beach and just went... hmmmmmmm...

    Proceeded to take photos and I must say it wasn't that good at all.

    Must I get a good picture each time I go out? Or will there be occasions like these where nothing seems to come through.

    Then again most of the beach was empty, so...
    I've felt exactly the same for the past month, and was going to post something like this yesterday
    Whenever I go out taking photographs, I'd like to expect to take at least one picture I can keep, but sometimes, don't get any..

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by adamadam
    I've felt exactly the same for the past month, and was going to post something like this yesterday
    Whenever I go out taking photographs, I'd like to expect to take at least one picture I can keep, but sometimes, don't get any..
    to avoid disappointment, one way is to 'plan for the shot'

  9. #9
    Senior Member glennyong's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    5,587

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by eikin
    to avoid disappointment, one way is to 'plan for the shot'
    yes... plan to shoot, but dun get too much expectations....

    think and visualise what you want to achieve first...

  10. #10
    Senior Member Halfmoon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Hougang, Singapore.
    Posts
    4,590

    Default

    How about thinking of something to shoot, and then, you go and shoot....

    Like today, I want to shoot BLUE... so shoot everything blue???
    Art is perception; Perception is art.

  11. #11

    Default

    i realised that as i shoot over the years, my demand for my own standard has rised, resulting in more "junk" photos. but i view it as a rising standard rather ... well ....

  12. #12

    Default

    there's always something to shoot. maybe can try some abstracts, candid or street instead of landscape that you'd expect at Sentosa

  13. #13

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    learn to see different, there are shots to take everywhere.
    yeah there are shots, but just... i wasn't satisfied with the final result

  14. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by glennyong
    yes... plan to shoot, but dun get too much expectations....

    think and visualise what you want to achieve first...
    i was actually trying to practise taking pics of people, y'know like practice to cover events.

    anyone have tips on streetshooting?

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by knoxknocks
    there's always something to shoot. maybe can try some abstracts, candid or street instead of landscape that you'd expect at Sentosa
    Was looking for street shot and candid shots, but the beach was virtually BARE.

    I ended up letting my friend play with my camera and he took "voyeur" photos

  16. #16
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    mai keh keh lar.. u are the one taking voyuer photos rite?

  17. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    mai keh keh lar.. u are the one taking voyuer photos rite?
    oi!~ dun bao toh me leh... i actually went alone

    ok seriously my friend took the pics, HAHAHAHAHA

  18. #18
    Senior Member jOhO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    6,485

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kopiosatu
    oi!~ dun bao toh me leh... i actually went alone

    ok seriously my friend took the pics, HAHAHAHAHA
    oh cmon cmon cmon..

    who goes to sentosa alone?

  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jOhO
    oh cmon cmon cmon..

    who goes to sentosa alone?
    eh today wasn't like the usual outings... it was the bloody weekday afternoon. not much babes, not much action.

    i was waiting for sunset when my friend had to go off

    i was hoping to capture the pic you took of the couple walking along the beach. But it was full of uniformed personnel from India~!!! Must be their navy dropping by.

  20. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kopiosatu
    I was told by my friend to be more selective about my shots.

    If this goes on I'll end up taking nothing!! hahaha~

    Recently I've noticed I have been become selective and the pics I took today are just not what I wanted

    And yeah, if I take nothing I might as well just enjoy the breeze
    you should be selective, but to learn, you must shoot ... selective is what you show, be very selective in choosing the pictures you exhibit ...

    if you are so selective about what you shoot, and ended up not shooting anything ... well .... nuff said
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •