Thread: Need urgent help on transferring files from C700 to hardisk

Exclamation Need urgent help on transferring files from C700 to hardisk

can anyone pls explain what should be done to do the above-mentioned? below was what i did:

1. installed camedia software
    2. plug in usb cables to both cam and pc
    3. clicked on "my camera" in the camedia master program

that was where the problem arose. the system detected "new hardware" and i'm lost. tried again but msg read "cannot be connected to camera-check.....3. lower communication speed 4. camera's mode dial is set to outer connection mode"

question:
    1. how do i lower communication speed?
    2. which is the outer connection mode on camera dial?
    3. anything else did i do wrong?

thanks for any replies in advance!

normally olympus camera will show on your "windows explorer" as an external drive......

so you copy and paste onto your HDD......

it's up to u, if you want to use the camedia software......

but it din show up as any external drive!

why does the computer detect the camera as a new hardware? even so, how is it that i cannot find the driver on the CD-ROM itself?

what OS are you running?? did you rtfm or not??

no idea the version of OS, how to check?...got it second hand, am a total newbie on this...what's rtfm??

understand that there's smthg like USB1 and USB2? is that in any way a possible reason for my not being able to download the pics from cam to pc?

rtfm - read the fabulous manual.

thanks goondu for explaining...

seems like you have a windows machine.... are you running windows98, or win2k, or winXP??

how about trying on another machine..... for me my C4040 did not require any drivers ..... on all the windows versions......

good luck!!

simple question: Did you switch on the camera? It has to be switch on but not in the viewing mode or video mode.

Errr, I think u need to set ur mode dial to viewing mode, then switch on the power of ur DC... If driver has been installed properly, u shld see the DC as an external drive...

PS : I use C700 too, but i never install camedia sw.. works fine for me...

Looks like you may be using Win98/SE, 2000 or XP since you have USB support.

On 2000/XP, no additional drivers are required as stated in the printed quick guide or the on-line manual (on CD). On 98, you need to install the 98 USB drivers that comes with the CD.

You can't use it on any version of Windows that has no USB support (95, 98 upgrade, 3.x etc.).

thanks all for your advises!

gotta say one thing, i think my batts were running damn low, thats why cannot d/l to pc.. cos when i recharged them and tried the sync-ing again...no problems at all

BUT..what i did was what looteer suggested, just checked for the external drive and it was there...so just did a simple direct copy paste...

may i ask if rechargeable batts, if they are charged using the fast charger (i'm using the Sony fast charger), and lets say i kenna blackout..will it harm the batts if i just resume the charging after the power comes back on? any damage to the batts? or will i have to discharge and re-charge again? comments?

may i ask if rechargeable batts, if they are charged using the fast charger (i'm using the Sony fast charger), and lets say i kenna blackout..will it harm the batts if i just resume the charging after the power comes back on? any damage to the batts? or will i have to discharge and re-charge again? comments?
    Should be no problem for NiMH batteries? since they do not have the memory effect (or just minimal).