Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ISO vs Aperture F stops

Default Re: ISO vs Aperture F stops

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input, I think I'm starting to understand my question is not really valid. Initially I was under the impression that one stop, regardless of f stop or ISO would have direct comparision but guess that was thinking too simple as there are factors such as DOF, noise vs softness etc.

I appreciate all your input and thank you for helping me understand better the connection between all these points. I guess it really is not just as simple as decreasing one side and increasing the other to compensate but rather balancing all the other factors too. Wow still a very long road ahead

Your humbleness and willingness to learn will bring you far

Shoot more and you will learn more.

Default Re: ISO vs Aperture F stops

Quote Originally Posted by Ming1388 View Post
    Hi Guys,

Thanks for the input, I think I'm starting to understand my question is not really valid. Initially I was under the impression that one stop, regardless of f stop or ISO would have direct comparision but guess that was thinking too simple as there are factors such as DOF, noise vs softness etc.

I appreciate all your input and thank you for helping me understand better the connection between all these points. I guess it really is not just as simple as decreasing one side and increasing the other to compensate but rather balancing all the other factors too. Wow still a very long road ahead
    Google actually brings up a number of good articles
    http://photographylife.com/iso-shutt...-for-beginners
    http://www.cambridgeincolour.com/tut...a-exposure.htm

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12