Thread: Plan to get a All in one desktop 27" with Touch Screen for photo editing...

Default Plan to get a All in one desktop 27" with Touch Screen for photo editing...

Hey Guys,

ANyone currently using any All in one desktop 27" with Touch Screen for photo editing?

Such Desktops are lenovo A730 and DELL XPS ONE 27..

Any recommendation?
    Nikon D300 | D800 - my flickr!

Default Re: Plan to get a All in one desktop 27" with Touch Screen for photo editing...

you have to take note if the screens of the all-in-ones are decent too.

So far, I don't think so, but I haven't been looking for a while.

Default Re: Plan to get a All in one desktop 27" with Touch Screen for photo editing...

Quote Originally Posted by edutilos- View Post
    you have to take note if the screens of the all-in-ones are decent too.

So far, I don't think so, but I haven't been looking for a while.
    Hey WK!!! Long time no see.
    Thanks for commenting. Definitely will consider the screen. But the DELL XPS ONE 27 Touch seems not too bad.

What computer are you using?

Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    Hey WK!!! Long time no see.
    Thanks for commenting. Definitely will consider the screen. But the DELL XPS ONE 27 Touch seems not too bad.

What computer are you using?
    Dell XPS-8700 paired with a Dell Ultrasharp.. Fast enough for me.

Quote Originally Posted by lunas View Post
    Hey Guys,

ANyone currently using any All in one desktop 27" with Touch Screen for photo editing?

Such Desktops are lenovo A730 and DELL XPS ONE 27..

Any recommendation?
    Not sure touch screen of so big size will be useful for editing. Your hands will be very tiring moving around. Frequent cleaning of the screen will be required too.

After much research, I decided to get Dell XPS 27 Touch

Its a nice computer (Dell One Touch 27) but I cannot comment on touch editing capabilities, still doing it old fashioned way. Don't order online, try calling instead and ask for a better deal.

It runs well (a little hot as compared to a iMac) but other than that, no issues.

Quote Originally Posted by rainfyre
    Its a nice computer (Dell One Touch 27) but I cannot comment on touch editing capabilities, still doing it old fashioned way. Don't order online, try calling instead and ask for a better deal.
    There a dell shop at funan, can look at physical item if need (if there any display there), and price may be lower than order online, but then travel cost & time wasted if purposely just go there to buy.
    Dun go to wrong one, think there another "dell" beside it which is the reseller.

Touchscreen lcd monitors are not in the league of those Cintiq displays with pressure/tilt sensitivity with pen that art designers or touch up artists may use.
    A pen has much more precision over say a mouse. A finger on a touchscreen however could be good for navigating menu and windows 8.

Earlier part of the year I have worked for a couple of weeks on a terminal with a small Cintiq for the ease of entering handwritten electronic notes. I cannot imagine how I could have made the entries with comparable dexterity and fluidity with a normal variety touchscreen monitor based on the finger.

Ryan

Guys, hijack the thread a bit here. I kept waiting for the apple display to be upgraded to the thinner reduced glare one but decided I don't want to wait anymore. Between Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM and U2413.

Do you guys think the almost double in price for the U2713HM is worth it? Or the U2413's lower resolution is 'unacceptable' and not future ready? It's meant to hook up with my macbook pro for photo editing.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by duckside View Post
    Guys, hijack the thread a bit here. I kept waiting for the apple display to be upgraded to the thinner reduced glare one but decided I don't want to wait anymore. Between Dell Ultrasharp U2713HM and U2413.

Do you guys think the almost double in price for the U2713HM is worth it? Or the U2413's lower resolution is 'unacceptable' and not future ready? It's meant to hook up with my macbook pro for photo editing.

Thanks!
    Now dell has $400 cash off for U2713H (not HM). $899 only. Just $150 different from 24". Specs looks very good too. Faster hoot.

Quote Originally Posted by duckside View Post
    Where do you get this idea from? Technical resolution is only one part, the other one is working distance. I have the U2413 here and it works perfectly. If you need more space then get two of them side by side.
    Last but .. most important: get it calibrated. Everything else is pointless. Check the calibration threads for more details. The price difference between 24 and 27 inch easily gets you the calibrator device.
    EOS