Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Hong Kong's caged poor - in miniatures...

  1. #1

    Default Hong Kong's caged poor - in miniatures...

    http://hongwrong.com/invisible-caged-poor/

    Very nicely done, but very sad to see... we have to make sure we avoid this...
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  2. #2

    Default Re: Hong Kong's caged poor - in miniatures...

    thanks for sharing, very powerful message ! yes, it is pretty sad !!
    Objection !!!

  3. #3
    Senior Member Sion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    新天地
    Posts
    4,768

    Default Re: Hong Kong's caged poor - in miniatures...

    Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    http://hongwrong.com/invisible-caged-poor/

    Very nicely done, but very sad to see... we have to make sure we avoid this...
    How not to avoid this without being able to triple our land mass?

    The newer apartments are smaller and more expensive and further away.

    I can see a future of us living in Johore and travelling to Singapore to work daily in super high speed bullet trains.

  4. #4

    Default Re: Hong Kong's caged poor - in miniatures...

    Quote Originally Posted by Sion View Post
    How not to avoid this without being able to triple our land mass?

    The newer apartments are smaller and more expensive and further away.

    I can see a future of us living in Johore and travelling to Singapore to work daily in super high speed bullet trains.
    You forgot the detail.. in a spacious landed home surrounded by aunties
    But I have to agree, this is why My gov raise the tax for JB property, to avoid overheating and speculation.
    One which sg gov had to do looong ago. Sure they are milking money too.. but its the consequence rather than the intention.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Hong Kong's caged poor - in miniatures...

    A while back, I bought a 947 sq ft place, and I felt it was a mickey mouse home... now it's considered a mansion by current standards!

    When I get the keys to my 1200 sq ft home, I will feel like a king... ironically, my father's apartment 30 years ago was 1300 sq ft.... so I have regressed despite paying 200 times more!
    Nikon D750; FM2; FG; 55mm Micro Nikkor; 28-300 VR; 70-200 VR; Nikon V1 + 10-30mm

  6. #6
    Moderator Octarine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Pasir Ris
    Posts
    12,388

    Default Re: Hong Kong's caged poor - in miniatures...

    Quote Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
    When I get the keys to my 1200 sq ft home, I will feel like a king... ironically, my father's apartment 30 years ago was 1300 sq ft.... so I have regressed despite paying 200 times more!
    I guess letting go of 100 sft isn't much of an issue. But the "progress" in price development ..
    EOS

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •