Are you a walking treasure trove of photography experience? Sign up as a volunteer photo leader at ‘One Neighbourhood, Many Gems’ on 7 December 2013 at Geylang Serai Community Club. Get to know new photographers on the block as you inspire them to take their best shots. Be profiled on our My Neighbourhood Gems (MNG) portal and at onsite events. Receive a simple token of appreciation and complimentary invites to MNG and PMET events. This will be a great way to share your passion and knowledge with others! Read on for full details…
WHAT DOES A VOLUNTEER PHOTO LEADER DO:
• Lead a group of 10 – 15 beginner photographers around different neighbourhood checkpoints (provided by Organisers) to take photos and guide them along the way with tips on taking good photos;
• Facilitate interactive sharing and give constructive learning points on each participant’s photos taken during the day with advice on how to select the best photo for the group photo contest.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A LEADER:
If you’re sociable and outgoing, able to share basic photography knowledge and are confident to lead and facilitate small group learning sessions, then you fit the bill. It will also be a bonus if you have at least 5 years of photography experience!
Simply email us with the following:
- Full Name (please indicate surname)
- Contact Number
- Email Address
- Years of Photography Experience
- An attachment or website link containing your photography portfolio
After receiving your particulars, we would like to meet up with you for a chat!
My Neighbourhood Gems events are community-based and non-profit. This new initiative aims to inculcate a sense of belonging and pride in our neighbourhood, as well as foster a spirit of giving and sharing among photographers.
For enquiries and application sign ups, please email Kaye_Ng@pa.gov.sg by 11th October 2013.
DETAILS OF EVENT:
One Neighbourhood, Many Gems!
Snap, Uncover, Learn & Share
Date: Saturday, 7 December 2013
Time: 8.00am to 2.30pm
Venue: Geylang Serai Community Club
A refreshing twist on our usual fare of My Neighbourhood Gems offerings, ‘One Neighbourhood, Many Gems’ at Geylang Serai will provide a 4-part intimate photography learning experience for beginner photographers as below. The event will be graced by Grassroots Adviser, Associate Professor, Fatimah Lateef.
1. Sharing by photography speaker
2. Beginner photographers will be grouped and brought on a photo tour to take pictures, under the guidance of volunteer photo leaders
3. Mini group learning session with photo leaders
4. Lunch/networking/prize presentation
About PMET Division and My Neighbourhood Gems
We are set up in March 2011 to enhance PA's efforts to widen and deepen the engagement of PMETs. One of our key roles is to develop and organize programmes to bring PMETs of different backgrounds together, and to build an active community of PMETs contributing to PMETs and to others. Some of our programmes include Lifestyle Masters Series (eg: An Evening of Wines and Chocolates by Chef Janice from 2am Dessert Bar), Motoring Series (eg: Charity Car Drive), Industry Guru Series (eg: Spotlighting Trends on Industry and Property featuring Regional Economist Mr Song Seng Wun) and also My Neighbourhood Gems Series.
My Neighbourhood Gems is a photography movement that brings together working professionals with a keen interest in photography. Enjoy photography competitions and journeys in different neighbourhoods, talks and networking events, and special community service projects year-round.