Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Clubsnap Culture

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    Wah... How could that happen...
    Ah, I do hope that you know that people who post here are all human beings. As far as personal attributes are concern, no species are higher than another.

Quote Originally Posted by fisheye
    Very honestly, I'm a raw photographer

eh pardon my ignorance, wats a raw photog?

Quote Originally Posted by hazekang
    eh pardon my ignorance, wats a raw photog?
    1. Photographer who shoots people in the raw.
    2. Photographer who shoots in RAW format.
    3. Photographer who is still relatively inexperienced and has not refined his/her personal style.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    1. Photographer who shoots people in the raw.
    2. Photographer who shoots in RAW format.
    3. Photographer who is still relatively inexperienced and has not refined his/her personal style.

haha i onli tot of 2 & 3.... funny funny

Quote Originally Posted by jbma
    To some people the 'rule of third' is important. To me it doesn't matter much. If the photo shows the image or meaning that you are trying to project then you've made it. We follow too many rules and guidelines. It's time to 'think out of the box'. What is art to you may not be art to someone else. So be it! Just make sure you enjoy yourself doing photography. Self satisfaction is more important. Since you spend so much money on equipment and effort then you should be happy and satisfied and not worry too much on what others think.
    I'm going to throw the wrench in here and say this:

You speak of rules that don't matter much, and i totally agree that rules can and should be broken whenever necessary. You speak of the box that we should think out of, and i fully understand your perspective. However, if we don't know or understand the rules or recognize the boxes, how do we know when to break them or what to think out outside of?
    Hence i personally feel that the rules and boxes ARE very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Reflection
    I'm going to throw the wrench in here and say this:

You speak of rules that don't matter much, and i totally agree that rules can and should be broken whenever necessary. You speak of the box that we should think out of, and i fully understand your perspective. However, if we don't know or understand the rules or recognize the boxes, how do we know when to break them or what to think out outside of?
    Hence i personally feel that the rules and boxes ARE very important.
    To add on:-
    1) Know the rules.... than break them WHEN necessary.

2) Don't imitate one master... but see more master's work and let ALL OF THEM influence you rather than from only one.

3) Enjoy shooting!

Thumbs up

To add on, a quote from the Rijks Museum site on "rules of art" -

"Artistic freedom is a central ingredient in twentieth-century art - artists make their own rules. It was quite different until well into the nineteenth century, however. Artists were bound to certain rules, 'rules of art'. Art theorists laid down the rules in their publications, academies taught students what to paint and how to paint. Even in classical antiquity there were texts describing the rules of art....."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123