Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast

Thread: Pentax K3 -Probably the most advanced APS-C DSLR is launched!

K5 still a great camera... at least another 3 to 5 years of service, by then can buy K1S

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by subatoyo View Post
    I dun understand y buy thing must ask wife?it is our own hard earned dough, like that 做人不是很辛苦?Not trying to be sarcastic,we men must take care of our own finances , be the master of the household ,not the other way round.No wonder Singaporean men are so popular in other countries
    Lol been puzzled for the longest time. We earn the money but must get approval to spend the money we earn. Lol?

Blog Entries

Default Re: Pentax K3 -Probably the most advanced APS-C DSLR is launched!

Quote Originally Posted by nitewalk View Post
    Lol been puzzled for the longest time. We earn the money but must get approval to spend the money we earn. Lol?

Lol ....... must have been trying to get money from cpf for the longest time ........ lol
    Nikomi Canpen Zenten :eek:
    Not exactly 100% Natural but definitely the closest you can get to it

OT aside, it's not a very expensive camera, especially comparing w/ 10 years back (when $1 was a dollar, while now it's like half a dollar, or less if you factor in house and car prices) when we spent 3k for a Pentax *istD with a junk 18-35 FAJ lens. Even *istDs cost over $1600 when it came out two years after the *istD.

Quote Originally Posted by fengwei View Post
    OT aside, it's not a very expensive camera, especially comparing w/ 10 years back (when $1 was a dollar, while now it's like half a dollar, or less if you factor in house and car prices) when we spent 3k for a Pentax *istD with a junk 18-35 FAJ lens. Even *istDs cost over $1600 when it came out two years after the *istD.
    Very true....:-)

But hor.... 10 years ago hdb cost how much?a plate of wan tan mee cost how much?most significantly, most mortals' salaries like being stagnant. Hence, to average men , after deducting monthly expenses, not much left.Unless wife also working.It is still a hefty sum for most of us.

I'm hoping that k-3 will come on time as there's some earthquake happening in Cebu...
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

But hor.... 10 years ago hdb cost how much?a plate of wan tan mee cost how much?most significantly, most mortals' salaries like being stagnant. Hence, to average men , after deducting monthly expenses, not much left.Unless wife also working.It is still a hefty sum for most of us.
    That's why I'm saying that back then money was money, now money is like paper...

Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    I'm hoping that k-3 will come on time as there's some earthquake happening in Cebu...
    One more excuse for late shipment

Oh well, hope everything goes well there.

That's why I'm saying that back then money was money, now money is like paper...
    oh....tot u say the k3 considers cheap....erm...my england not strong....paisei

Quote Originally Posted by banana0ne View Post
    K3 made in Philipines ?
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

I paid $1600 for the K100D when it was 1st launched and $799 for a Optio back in the day, and I had a pauper's pay.

Considering what cameras can do now, its a lot for the same money (not the same money considering inflation).

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post

I paid $1600 for the K100D when it was 1st launched and $799 for a Optio back in the day, and I had a pauper's pay.

Considering what cameras can do now, its a lot for the same money (not the same money considering inflation).
    Ten years down the road,u will prolly say the same thing....dun hantum me orh

Ten years down the road,u will prolly say the same thing....dun hantum me orh
    I suspect its slowing down...
    I do think cameras have reached some sort of saturation point wrt sensors unless there is breakthru in using non-bayer sensors or some sort of clever sensor/software manipulation (eg. pixel level shifting to get super resolution)

K100D days, ISO800 was the limit and even then a bit of a push.
    K7, got better with usable ISO800;1600, but AF was old.
    K5, Kx crossed that photographic barrier for me (ISO3200 and fast lens could cover most practical stuff ); but AF needed to improve a bit more
    My K30 now is the same as K5, but improved little bit on response and AF (little)
    Now K3 probably rounds up all the little quirks (except 1/180 sync).

If I can comfortably afford it, I will of course, but nothing on any camera limits me to a point that I am pulling at my hair.

A camera like the K3 is probably so near to clearing the last hurdle in terms of practical needs of a practical photographer.
    If it performs according to the specs of course.
    Last edited by pinholecam; 17th October 2013 at 01:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pinholecam View Post

I suspect its slowing down...
    I do think cameras have reached some sort of saturation point wrt sensors unless there is breakthru in using non-bayer sensors or some sort of clever sensor/software manipulation (eg. pixel level shifting to get super resolution)

K100D days, ISO800 was the limit and even then a bit of a push.
    K7, got better with usable ISO800;1600, but AF was old.
    K5, Kx crossed that photographic barrier for me (ISO3200 and fast lens could cover most practical stuff ); but AF needed to improve a bit more
    My K30 now is the same as K5, but improved little bit on response and AF (little)
    Now K3 probably rounds up all the little quirks (except 1/180 sync).

If I can comfortably afford it, I will of course, but nothing on any camera limits me to a point that I am pulling at my hair.

A camera like the K3 is probably so near to clearing the last hurdle in terms of practical needs of a practical photographer.
    If it performs according to the specs of course.
    Cant agree more.

After getting the K30, I find that I have actually under used the K7 & K5 features. I have not even fully utilised the features of the K30, so most likely, will really really use the K30 until I foresee a real need to upgrade to another body. I can see the the K3 has better features than the K5/5II/5IIs and would be a boon to the others who really need the extra, but for me, a no no as I only got the K30 in end May.

Most likely 4 to 5 years later I might see a need to upgrade. As I am now not earning as much as I used to, I will see a slow down in spending too.
    Pentaxian for Life
    K1, KP, FA*28-70/2.8, FA31, 43 & FA77 Limiteds, K85/1.8, FA*200/2.8, A50/1.2

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post
    When wife say BBB ! She is not asking you to buy buy buy , She is actually saying don't buy or else! So we must know what our wives are saying.
    I know what my wife is saying... She's saying "ya ya ya you say BBB but you won't buy, so I just play along".

It is a want not a need mar, so you go and decide yourself...

Quote Originally Posted by felixcat8888 View Post
    After getting the K30, I find that I have actually under used the K7 & K5 features. I have not even fully utilised the features of the K30, so most likely, will really really use the K30 until I foresee a real need to upgrade to another body. I can see the the K3 has better features than the K5/5II/5IIs and would be a boon to the others who really need the extra, but for me, a no no as I only got the K30 in end May. Most likely 4 to 5 years later I might see a need to upgrade. As I am now not earning as much as I used to, I will see a slow down in spending too.
    Because you have spent $ on the DA* n FA 43, FA77 lens! That is why hv to wait 4-5 yrs later.
    GR,K2,K3, DA15Ltd, 10-24 f 3.5-4.5, K135 f2.8, K55 f1.8, Q, Q2K, Q10, 01020306,FA31,FA100WR

Quote Originally Posted by PhilipKr35 View Post

K3 made in Philipines ?
    Most likely. Most pentax dslr's are assembled there...
    I dunno!!!
    It's banana-zero-neh. :)

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 36789101318 ... LastLast