Page 94 of 101 FirstFirst ... 44698489929394959699 ... LastLast
Results 1,861 to 1,880 of 2020

Thread: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

  1. #1861
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    for every 1 goal they score.. we will score 2
    good idea.... I hope so too..... but it goes to show our weak defending...

  2. #1862
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by idor
    good idea.... I hope so too..... but it goes to show our weak defending...
    yup, not worrying too much about that at the moment.

    Would like to see Garcia or Riise scoring in the 2nd.

  3. #1863
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    3-1!

    that's good!
    Morientes scoring a double for us, that's rare!

    GO LIVERPOOL GO GO GO!!!!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  4. #1864
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    3-1!

    that's good!
    Morientes scoring a double for us, that's rare!

    GO LIVERPOOL GO GO GO!!!!!
    yes..that;s rare. Considered that he had only scored 3 from his last season 18 games.

    Keep on scoring...for a price tag of 7m..at least 10 goals EPL a season, and 10 assist on goal (from his reputation).

    Cisse had been scoring almost each game..DO it consistently..and it will eventually become a habit...to score..

    Yes..this is the match/style that is right balance.....Gerrard is supplying ...the striker to score.

  5. #1865
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Cisse will surely shine this season!

    good results from the boys!!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  6. #1866

    Default

    good result. as long as we keep our concentration at home, we're in.

    disappointed at the goal conceeded though. we can't always avoid conceeding goals but i'd really like to see us avoid giving away this kind of soft goals. we lost concentration right at the end. not the first time the team had made mistakes near the end of a half. overconfidence? lack of fitness? hope the defence will improve. at least let the opponents sweat to create a goal and not make it easy for them.

    good show from all. nice to see the forwards rising to the challenge.

  7. #1867

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    good result. as long as we keep our concentration at home, we're in.

    disappointed at the goal conceeded though. we can't always avoid conceeding goals but i'd really like to see us avoid giving away this kind of soft goals. we lost concentration right at the end. not the first time the team had made mistakes near the end of a half. overconfidence? lack of fitness? hope the defence will improve. at least let the opponents sweat to create a goal and not make it easy for them.

    good show from all. nice to see the forwards rising to the challenge.
    i actually missed their goal and was waiting for a replay, but i dun recall seeing any.



    we need to start working on keeping clean sheets. lots of those will be a good start to catch up with chelsKI

  8. #1868
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    never mind the clean sheets if we can score more than the opponents

    It's good that the critics has been silenced for now.

  9. #1869
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    I will be waiting for the day when Everton get kicked out of CL qualifying and we got in to the group stages.
    Nothing beats that!
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

  10. #1870
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by akane
    I will be waiting for the day when Everton get kicked out of CL qualifying and we got in to the group stages.
    Nothing beats that!
    Shhhhh... we know in our hearts can liao lah....

  11. #1871
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by akane
    I will be waiting for the day when Everton get kicked out of CL qualifying and we got in to the group stages.
    Nothing beats that!
    and we take ove their TV right and share with Arsenal, Chelsea and MU..muahahaha...

    no need to wait too long....next week is the JUDGEMENT DAY.

    may be now they want to buy Baros...as to help them to proceed at least 1 to 2 more round in UEFA cup..muahahahaaaaa

  12. #1872
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    174

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    Good news!!

    Morientes back in Spanish national team

    4 Liverpool players in the Spanish team
    Confidence is thinking you'll be Champions, arrogance is stating it.

  13. #1873
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by akane
    Good news!!

    Morientes back in Spanish national team

    4 Liverpool players in the Spanish team
    Oh No..... What if chelski and Real Madrid comes poarch our players again.... I wish we have world class players who are super duper low profile but can help us win league... In that case wu kena poached by those super rich clubs

  14. #1874

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by idor
    Oh No..... What if chelski and Real Madrid comes poarch our players again.... I wish we have world class players who are super duper low profile but can help us win league... In that case wu kena poached by those super rich clubs
    Poach? Which players of ours got poached by Chelsea recently? Steven "I want to be Euro Champ, not EPL Champ" Gerrard?

    And Owen wasn't poached by Real he was packed off by Benitez for stalling on his contract.

    Don't think the big-money clubs can poach people so easily from Liverpool, Man U or Arsenal who have great history and attraction for players. Plus Liverpool's star is rising under Benitez, people will not want to leave at this moment.

  15. #1875
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by XPeriment626
    Poach? Which players of ours got poached by Chelsea recently? Steven "I want to be Euro Champ, not EPL Champ" Gerrard?

    And Owen wasn't poached by Real he was packed off by Benitez for stalling on his contract.

    Don't think the big-money clubs can poach people so easily from Liverpool, Man U or Arsenal who have great history and attraction for players. Plus Liverpool's star is rising under Benitez, people will not want to leave at this moment.
    Hmmm... not forgetting long time ago, Ian Rush went to Juventus, Kelvin keagan went to hamburg, in recent past Steve Macmanaman went to Real.... Gerrad almost left, as for Owen he wanted to leave... but if he initiate he will be the bad guy... so he let benetiz be the bad guy.. dirty trick.... tats why rafa dun want him back

  16. #1876

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by idor
    Hmmm... not forgetting long time ago, Ian Rush went to Juventus, Kelvin keagan went to hamburg, in recent past Steve Macmanaman went to Real.... Gerrad almost left, as for Owen he wanted to leave... but if he initiate he will be the bad guy... so he let benetiz be the bad guy.. dirty trick.... tats why rafa dun want him back
    aiyah those can't be considered poaching. Rush and Kevin Keegan all went in search of new challenges in Europe, so did Stevie Mac. LFC got the best years of their careers, after they went overseas they started to decline. If other clubs want to poach our aging and past-prime players, go ahead.

    And for Owen, it was a case of being fed up with not winning anything, and also apparently because of disputes with the club over his wages. However, I still don't think he would have left if Benitez didn't decide to pack him off so quickly. I think Owen thought he was bigger than the club and could use the bosman threat to make the club increase his pay and sign some big name stars. Benitez probably figured if he lost this struggle with Owen, the rest of the team would not respect him as a manager. I also believe Benitez wanted to break the dependence of the team on the "pass-to-Owen" method, the only method the team knew how to play. With the money freed up (salary + transfer fees) he could build a much better team. So, Benitez quickly demonstrated who was boss (and gave people a hint of the ruthless winner behind the gentle smile) by gift-wrapping Owen off to Real.

  17. #1877
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Posts
    666

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by XPeriment626
    aiyah those can't be considered poaching. Rush and Kevin Keegan all went in search of new challenges in Europe, so did Stevie Mac. LFC got the best years of their careers, after they went overseas they started to decline. If other clubs want to poach our aging and past-prime players, go ahead.

    And for Owen, it was a case of being fed up with not winning anything, and also apparently because of disputes with the club over his wages. However, I still don't think he would have left if Benitez didn't decide to pack him off so quickly. I think Owen thought he was bigger than the club and could use the bosman threat to make the club increase his pay and sign some big name stars. Benitez probably figured if he lost this struggle with Owen, the rest of the team would not respect him as a manager. I also believe Benitez wanted to break the dependence of the team on the "pass-to-Owen" method, the only method the team knew how to play. With the money freed up (salary + transfer fees) he could build a much better team. So, Benitez quickly demonstrated who was boss (and gave people a hint of the ruthless winner behind the gentle smile) by gift-wrapping Owen off to Real.
    And poor owen now confined to the bench and winning nothing... just like in liverpool... Oh wait... at least we won the champions league

  18. #1878

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    owen supposedly going to newcastle...

    or so that's what football365 says..

    poor owen.. kick ball kick too long, now kena kick around like ball..

  19. #1879
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,749

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    poor owen.. kick ball kick too long, now kena kick around like ball..

    good one!!

  20. #1880

    Default Re: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

    arsenal's david bentley on transfer list
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/st...339050&cc=4716
    thought he did pretty well in norwich last season. probably liverpool won't look at him cos he is too small fry but i kinda like him and think that he would make a nice addition cos of his creativity and versatility.

    btw, other than liverpool, which other teams would you like to see do well? i like spurs. they made some smart investments in a few promising youngsters like huddlestone, routledge, etc and have some experienced players like davids to hold things together. i won't mind seeing them finish in a european slot as long as they are behind liverpool
    saturday is the day. c'mon reds. let's put your best foot forward. may this be the start of a successful campaign on all fronts.


    You'll never walk alone!
    Last edited by giddygoat; 13th August 2005 at 01:12 AM.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •