Page 93 of 101 FirstFirst ... 43688388919293949598 ... LastLast
Results 1,841 to 1,860 of 2020

Thread: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

Quote Originally Posted by kahheng
    It doesn't surprise me one bit. It seems that teams don't take end of season breaks anymore for their players to rest and recover.

But, knowing how much money today's soccer players are paid (I don't think they are worth paying that much money to be honest), I have little sympathy for them (as individuals). Even very run of the mill players get paid an inexplicable amount in wages.

I reserve my sympathy for the fans.
    Yeah.... i know abt that arguement but i dun really buy it. Honestly, these days players may seems to play more matches but very few actually play all matches. In fact, with a bigger squad, they played less than before for most, i believe. Moreover, in olden days, players are not so well paid, they may have to do housework (horror horror!!), cycle to work (instead of knocking old people over in porshe), travel by old dingy coaches (instead of flying swanky private jets).

However, instead of playing more matches and having more rest time (due to above) and better care (better food, physio etc). They spent more time on waht? Tours, exp honeymoon, pubs, cars, TV ads, movies etc... Last time do you see the players do all those?

As for Liverpool, i do feel we are cursed to a certain extent... Most of our rivals do not have so many injuries... even now.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    yes loh...before EPL , we already have several injuries.
    dudek injury is quite serious one...disallocated and fracture
    I think is freak accident... apparently at end of training... who knows, maybe he was busting Reina up and got injured instead.

wonder if it's our coaching style or physio staff but we seem to have tons of injuries.
    not a good start to the season. still short of a couple of players (CD and RW) and we have crouch, zenden, traore and dudek out already.

one thing at a time i guess. we need to do well in bulgaria, then look to getting 3 points at boro

If you noticed the players Arsenal bought.... even commentators were saying, they are all supreme athletes and thus Arsenal is often able to run and run and score late goals.

Liverpool tends to sign "skillful" players such as Kewell, Litmanen, Alonso type... which are typically weaker in their phyical strength... thus the higher injury i guess..

In any case , in case you did not see my earlier post, David Galley, our Physio left to join Derby.... So mabe our luck will change or maybe he left because he's the most OVERWORKED physio in EPL!!

Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    If you noticed the players Arsenal bought.... even commentators were saying, they are all supreme athletes and thus Arsenal is often able to run and run and score late goals.

Liverpool tends to sign "skillful" players such as Kewell, Litmanen, Alonso type... which are typically weaker in their phyical strength... thus the higher injury i guess..

In any case , in case you did not see my earlier post, David Galley, our Physio left to join Derby.... So mabe our luck will change or maybe he left because he's the most OVERWORKED physio in EPL!!
    We only have 1 athletic player - the never tired Riise

We only have 1 athletic player - the never tired Riise
    No lah... quite afew lah.. Cisse also very fit... thats one of the reason why he recovers so fast last season...

No lah... quite afew lah.. Cisse also very fit... thats one of the reason why he recovers so fast last season...
    Everton lost 2-1 at Goodison.. i think they are gonna out already...

everton lost..

and i'm extremely delighted...

Aren't we all.... If they are out, we also get a bigger pie of the tv money!! haha... Of course we must be CSKA Sofia tonight lah..

Everton lost 2-1 at Goodison.. i think they are gonna out already...
    nothing surprised me.

I had made my prediction months ago that everton will not proceed into group stage but Liverpool march on to defend the tittle.

nothing surprised me.

I had made my prediction months ago that everton will not proceed into group stage but Liverpool march on to defend the tittle.
    I don't think it will surprise anyone ;-)

Everton, like the typical English team that they are, simply do not have enough know-how to do well in the Champions' League.

Another good riddance..........

as long as we do better than the blue half, there is no problem

tonight's the night. cska sofia is no weakling. got a few internationals in the side. let's hope liverpool will keep up their good showing and come home with a good result. give 100% all the way and we can win this one.

tonite's the nite the strikers will show their worth

SCV Ch 22

02:40 AM-04:38 AM

55 mins more to go

come on you Redsssssss!

2 goals by Cisse and Morientes. Yes our strikers can score. Morientes with a header.

Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    2 goals by Cisse and Morientes. Yes our strikers can score. Morientes with a header.
    So sad CSKA pulled 1 back

Quote Originally Posted by idor
    So sad CSKA pulled 1 back
    for every 1 goal they score.. we will score 2