Page 79 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2954697477787980818489 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2020

Thread: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

  1. #1561
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    i tot because the wording "kill" is not used ?? not meh ??
    whatever. I have no wish to argue with you on that anymore. IT's getting stale.

  2. #1562
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    " Is playing good football in CL final a bigger than a pre-season friendly ? But why Baros played so well and so hard working in the friendly ? what is the motivation behind ? The answer is obvious - to show Rafa that he is still a capable striker...who wish to stay at LFC - The European Champion , rather than to those smaller clubs...Shalke, Villa...bla bla bla."

    that is just bs

  3. #1563

    Default

    ok fellas let's leave this issue behind ok? it's killing this thread...

  4. #1564
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    ok....
    YNWA

  5. #1565
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    The draw for the 3rd qualifing round will take place today. Man Utd and Liverpool are seeded but Everton is not. Liverpool got no country protection privilage so they might meet an unseed team like Everton. It will be good to see all 5 English clubs in CL this season.

  6. #1566
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    It will be better to see Liverpool win it again :P

  7. #1567
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    It will be better to see Liverpool win it again :P
    Yah man, yesterday and tomorrow are sundays.

  8. #1568
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Yah man, yesterday and tomorrow are sundays.
    well its difficult but no one can say its impossible.

    so, everyday is sunday for all i care!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #1569
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    well its difficult but no one can say its impossible.

    so, everyday is sunday for all i care!
    Well, Monday is coming soon. Yet to qualify for and from the group stages you know....

    Yah, winning is easy but defending it is tough. If successful, Liverpool will be the 1st team to defend the CL. If i not wrong, since CL start in 1992, no one has done it and no champion has failed to advance pass qroup stages.

  10. #1570

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Well, Monday is coming soon. Yet to qualify for and from the group stages you know....

    Yah, winning is easy but defending it is tough. If successful, Liverpool will be the 1st team to defend the CL. If i not wrong, since CL start in 1992, no one has done it and no champion has failed to advance pass qroup stages.
    one step at a time. first, must reach group stage first. still 3 more matches to go. but i'd be very happy if we can progress to the knockout stage at least and do well in the league. maybe i'm not too ambitious but i am hoping for at least a CL quaterfinals place this season and a strong 3rd-4th place finish. we can build from there. i would want to see some progress in the way the team performs especially away. we must be more consistent and be solid in defence while showing more variety in our play as well as better killer instincts in attack. and also, i hope the youngsters like pongolle, whitbread, welsh, sissoko etc will shine and at least some of them would stake claim to a starting place (due to their abilities not injuries hor).

    if we win the EPL or the CL, that's a sweet bonus but i really just want to see us build a good team that can challenge for the honours for the next 10 years at least. let's face it, we're now, at best, the fourth best team in england and still a way below several clubs in europe (CL results not withstanding).

    let's lay the baros issue to rest. i am neutral and i think the club benefits either way (cash if he goes, a pretty good striker if he stays)

  11. #1571
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Well, Monday is coming soon. Yet to qualify for and from the group stages you know....

    Yah, winning is easy but defending it is tough. If successful, Liverpool will be the 1st team to defend the CL. If i not wrong, since CL start in 1992, no one has done it and no champion has failed to advance pass qroup stages.
    do not worry sonny, we'll do well to qualify! ke ke ke


    actually, am not too worried about defending it successfully or not. the main thing and an added bonus, is that we are in this competition through the back door. that is a huge PLUS factor and i wouldn't argue about being made to go through all these qualifying games.

    but looking on the bright side, i know the boys will be much better prepared for the coming season as we've played some competitive games and the fitness level of the team should be there or thereabouts. so, no worries for us, mate!

    LIVERPOOL!!!

    You'll Never Walk Alone!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #1572
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    The draw for the 3rd qualifing round will take place today. Man Utd and Liverpool are seeded but Everton is not. Liverpool got no country protection privilage so they might meet an unseed team like Everton. It will be good to see all 5 English clubs in CL this season.
    as according to LFC fans vote..I would like LFC to play everton in the 3rd qualifying round.

    as i predicted months ago..LFC will proceed on the group stage where Everton will be elimated..ending up to play in UEFA.

  13. #1573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by giddygoat
    let's face it, we're now, at best, the fourth best team in england and still a way below several clubs in europe (CL results not withstanding).
    I disagree. I think Pool is actually stronger than Man U this season. We weren't that far off from the top three in actual skill, considering injuries, new manager, new players, old rot that hadn't been cleared etc. With more EPL experience, Rafa and the Spaniards will be a lot better this season, Alonso and Gerrard will have more time to gel their partnership, Cisse will (hopefully) play a whole season. Sure, Hyypia is really ponderous, but Silvestre/Neville aren't exactly top defenders either. And look at the pre-season tour of Man U. Don't talk about the loss to Kashima, Saha+RvN+Rooney+Smith = 0 goals against Chinese/Japanese club sides. I'm pretty sure Man U is on the decline, AF won't last much longer under Glazer, while Pool is building up to challenge for the title under Rafa.

    We just need a good CD and I will say we can match anyone in EPL.

  14. #1574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    as according to LFC fans vote..I would like LFC to play everton in the 3rd qualifying round.

    as i predicted months ago..LFC will proceed on the group stage where Everton will be elimated..ending up to play in UEFA.
    Yeah I saw that vote too. I think many Pool fans living in Liverpool itself were pissed by Moyes' remarks that "it is clear which is the better team on Merseyside this season". Forgetting all the hurdles Pool had to overcome, while playing in two cup finals, winning in Europe and ending up a mere 3 POINTS behind Everton at the end of the season. So the ultimate irony and revenge would be for Pool to dump Everton out of CL right at the qualifiers and let them see which is the real football team on Merseyside

  15. #1575
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPeriment626
    I disagree. I think Pool is actually stronger than Man U this season. We weren't that far off from the top three in actual skill, considering injuries, new manager, new players, old rot that hadn't been cleared etc. With more EPL experience, Rafa and the Spaniards will be a lot better this season, Alonso and Gerrard will have more time to gel their partnership, Cisse will (hopefully) play a whole season. Sure, Hyypia is really ponderous, but Silvestre/Neville aren't exactly top defenders either. And look at the pre-season tour of Man U. Don't talk about the loss to Kashima, Saha+RvN+Rooney+Smith = 0 goals against Chinese/Japanese club sides. I'm pretty sure Man U is on the decline, AF won't last much longer under Glazer, while Pool is building up to challenge for the title under Rafa.

    We just need a good CD and I will say we can match anyone in EPL.
    So you think Liverpool will finish above Man Utd? Man Utd's preseason tour only asia? Are you sure Rudd din score in preseason? You judge a team by its preseason's performance? So i guess Liverpool will be challenging Chelsea for the title this season?

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    as according to LFC fans vote..I would like LFC to play everton in the 3rd qualifying round.

    as i predicted months ago..LFC will proceed on the group stage where Everton will be elimated..ending up to play in UEFA.
    Ok then. Hope your dream come true.

  16. #1576
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    So you think Liverpool will finish above Man Utd? Man Utd's preseason tour only asia? Are you sure Rudd din score in preseason? You judge a team by its preseason's performance? So i guess Liverpool will be challenging Chelsea for the title this season?

    Ok then. Hope your dream come true.
    sad to admit I think the best Liverpool will finish 2nd.. if we have a Right winger and a good CD to cover Hyypia+Carra, then 2nd. If not, at 4th.

  17. #1577
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    btw....Maybe Potter and Whitebred will seize the opportunity (if we fail to get additional player this season ) and become Anfield legend..

    Afterall, Carra was not that impressive during his early years as 1st team player. I hated him during the Evans era. The only defender I ever seen conceding 2 own goals in a match.. hahahah

    Only the past 5 years he became better and better. So although Potter amd Whitebred hadn't made a huge impact, I think they are alright and improving every match.

    And Cisse seems to be living up to his 13 millions at this stage.. 2 goals in 2 matches that he started is not bad at all.. More impressively he seems to be able to find the net no matter if Rafa is playing him with Le Tallec or Crouch..

  18. #1578

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    So you think Liverpool will finish above Man Utd? Man Utd's preseason tour only asia? Are you sure Rudd din score in preseason? You judge a team by its preseason's performance? So i guess Liverpool will be challenging Chelsea for the title this season?

    Ok then. Hope your dream come true.
    you must be a Man U fan. OK, good luck to your team, let's not argue and just wait till the dust settles at the end of the season. Latest news seems like Ferdinand is in for a hot reception when the team returns to Old Trafford - he reportedly made a rude finger gesture at booing fans in the loss to Kashima... already unpopular, this act will surely make his life harder back in Manchester.

    As for Everton, another MAJOR incentive for Pool to meet Everton and knock them out is that if Everton do not qualify for the group stages, the pool of TV money will be divided among the remaining English clubs in the group stage, meaning more $$$ for Pool and the other three (assuming Man U also gets through to group stages). So much for the better team on Merseyside.

  19. #1579
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by XPeriment626
    As for Everton, another MAJOR incentive for Pool to meet Everton and knock them out is that if Everton do not qualify for the group stages, the pool of TV money will be divided among the remaining English clubs in the group stage, meaning more $$$ for Pool and the other three (assuming Man U also gets through to group stages). So much for the better team on Merseyside.
    Money is not all.. Pride is most important.

    How can a team finish 4th at EPL claimt to be a better team than European Champion ??

    Let us play against them if there is any LUCK for us.....Let us show them who is the better in MerCside....and let us take over theirTV right and share their $

  20. #1580
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Finally the chairman speaks.

    and we also have a bad news...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •