Page 61 of 101 FirstFirst ... 113651565960616263667186 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,220 of 2020

Thread: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

  1. #1201
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    i think its madness that rafa is keen to sign peter crouch.
    that might be a crouching tiger we 're signing

  2. #1202
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    that might be a crouching tiger we 're signing
    eeek...


    where's our hidden dragon = figo??

    isn't he coming over?


    real madrid are such sore losers. the moment Liverpool is keen on figo, the shutters come shutting down, and a price tag is hooked on him.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #1203
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake

    real madrid are such sore losers. the moment Liverpool is keen on figo, the shutters come shutting down, and a price tag is hooked on him.
    they stand to lose anyway.. having to pay Figo's wages

  4. #1204
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    they stand to lose anyway.. having to pay Figo's wages
    if he comes over, i wonder how much we'll have to pay him?
    100k/week again???? at least he don't get to claim 12months' bonus!

    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  5. #1205
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    i think its madness that rafa is keen to sign peter crouch.
    we already have Cisse, Morientes, baros, Sinama and Mellor.

    but we only have Hyypia and Carra to be our CD.

    Wonder why Rafa could not figure out what is our priority.

  6. #1206
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    we already have Cisse, Morientes, baros, Sinama and Mellor.

    but we only have Hyypia and Carra to be our CD.

    Wonder why Rafa could not figure out what is our priority.

    most probably he dun rate mellor as a player, meaning he will sell him soon.

    perhaps milan baros will leave soon too.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  7. #1207
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    most probably he dun rate mellor as a player, meaning he will sell him soon.

    perhaps milan baros will leave soon too.
    problem is that..no one is asking to buy Mellor. How to sell ? may be on loan. but then he just recover from 2 knee operation...other will not dare to take him since he had not been playing for the last few months.

    Baros ?? he had been signalling that he wanted to move sicne the beginning of last season...

  8. #1208
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    problem is that..no one is asking to buy Mellor. How to sell ? may be on loan. but then he just recover from 2 knee operation...other will not dare to take him since he had not been playing for the last few months.

    Baros ?? he had been signalling that he wanted to move sicne the beginning of last season...
    baros is a whiner. whine whole day long and scores less than 10goals a season. hahaha

    maybe he'll get sharper this season.

    mellor needs time but we can't give him anymore time.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  9. #1209
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    if he comes over, i wonder how much we'll have to pay him?
    100k/week again???? at least he don't get to claim 12months' bonus!

    it was claimed that the terms are only 65k pound per mth.... much lower than most top players in EPL.

  10. #1210
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    we already have Cisse, Morientes, baros, Sinama and Mellor.

    but we only have Hyypia and Carra to be our CD.

    Wonder why Rafa could not figure out what is our priority.
    I think he feels that he's prob able to sign someone like Upson and Milito.... so no hurry. Moreover, like you have mentioned, we can play some youngsters. Traore can play CB if needed and warnock or riise played as LB as well.

  11. #1211
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    baros is a whiner. whine whole day long and scores less than 10goals a season. hahaha

    maybe he'll get sharper this season.

    mellor needs time but we can't give him anymore time.
    I still think baros is a pretty good player. his style is very direct and can cause panic to defence. WIth less injuries, he shd be able to score more goals.

  12. #1212
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    baros is a player that can score...not regularly..
    may be 15 goals a season is more a target for him..

    again 15 goal a season with not much assist on goal..or his play can invite more team play into attack....he will the best play behind Cisse and Morientes.

    if there is a more solid offer to him now or jan, he will more likely to be gone.

  13. #1213

  14. #1214
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    let go a england player at 6m, who has experince playing in league and European football, could hold the ball well, resist to tackle, consistently 15 goals a season on average for 4 season and numerous assist on goal...and can play on RM and LM too.....

    but buy another player for 7m, who is without international and European football experience and hopefully he can hold the ball, hopefully a 15 goals a season (so far only last season able to produce achieve this figure) but hopefully 10 assist on goal (so far...had not able to achieve this figure)

    Can u pls help me to find a logic to explain this...

  15. #1215
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    hehe... crouch vs heskey? Don;t ask why....

    Sometimes a cheaper striker can do a better job... just look at marcus bent vs rooney!

  16. #1216
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    let go a england player at 6m, who has experince playing in league and European football, could hold the ball well, resist to tackle, consistently 15 goals a season on average for 4 season and numerous assist on goal...and can play on RM and LM too.....

    but buy another player for 7m, who is without international and European football experience and hopefully he can hold the ball, hopefully a 15 goals a season (so far only last season able to produce achieve this figure) but hopefully 10 assist on goal (so far...had not able to achieve this figure)

    Can u pls help me to find a logic to explain this...
    you said it yourself ... 'hopefully'

  17. #1217
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    heskey hasn't been getting callups to the england squad recently no?
    i would rate heskey at 12goals per season...
    Last edited by zhapchit; 12th July 2005 at 04:33 PM.

  18. #1218
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Sometimes a cheaper striker can do a better job...
    heskey 6m..if we get Crouch at 7m..then heskey is a cheaper striker..and i think he can do a better job for livepool again...

    i think we better spend 6m on Upson for a new central back..not another striker liao...

  19. #1219
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,532

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by zhapchit
    you said it yourself ... 'hopefully'
    yes..so far..only "hopefully"......

  20. #1220
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    heskey 6m..if we get Crouch at 7m..then heskey is a cheaper striker..and i think he can do a better job for livepool again...

    i think we better spend 6m on Upson for a new central back..not another striker liao...
    I think we bought Heskey for more than 6m right IIRC. we sold him for 6m...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •