Page 50 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2540454849505152556075100 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 2020

Thread: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

  1. #981
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    oh god...this article really worries me....

  2. #982
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default

    no player shall be bigger than the club.
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  3. #983
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    Let's start worrying only when it is confirmed.

    michael ballack anyone?

  4. #984
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesecake
    no player shall be bigger than the club.
    that is alos true.

    but.....if we really lost Gerrard..the implication behinds;

    1) we every season have to sell one of great/best player.. Do u see that it is a healthy club ?
    2) we could not keep our local boys
    3) not even our most die hard fans want to stay with us..How do u convince others LFC fans to stay with us ? might as well we become Chelski fans
    4) not even our captain think that he is worth to lead the team anymroe..where is the confidence of the other player to think that there is a hope to stay put with the remaining squad ?
    5) fail to keep the players we want...and how are u going to attract good players joining us ??
    6) that also send a message to the academic players..train hard, play good football and one day u can leave Liverpool for better prospect.

  5. #985
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    hope he will not turn out to be our Woodgate

    yes..2 more signings...hope 1 to be striker and 1 to be CD.
    Striker most likely will be Kuyt... CD i think will be Milito, Upson is a possibility as he needs top football to fight for his place in England team. My wish list is however Ledley King... but i doubt Spurs will sell...

  6. #986
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    that is alos true.

    but.....if we really lost Gerrard..the implication behinds;

    1) we every season have to sell one of great/best player.. Do u see that it is a healthy club ?
    2) we could not keep our local boys
    3) not even our most die hard fans want to stay with us..How do u convince others LFC fans to stay with us ? might as well we become Chelski fans
    4) not even our captain think that he is worth to lead the team anymroe..where is the confidence of the other player to think that there is a hope to stay put with the remaining squad ?
    5) fail to keep the players we want...and how are u going to attract good players joining us ??
    6) that also send a message to the academic players..train hard, play good football and one day u can leave Liverpool for better prospect.
    To a certain extent i agree with you. My gut feeling is Gerrard will stay. However, even if he leaves, now will be the perfect time. It's true that he fnish last season as the leading captain of the Euro Champs and thus highly valued.

    Who knows how he will peform this season ....

  7. #987
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Striker most likely will be Kuyt... CD i think will be Milito
    this is most likely for the worst scenario.

    (the worst scenario is that we cash in 30m for Gerrard.)

  8. #988
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    My gut feeling is Gerrard will stay. However, even if he leaves, now will be the perfect time. It's true that he fnish last season as the leading captain of the Euro Champs and thus highly valued.
    I hope your gut feeling will come true.

    Of course if we want to cash in..now is the best time.

    We dun want to have another Big Sale..ie..by end of next season for another 8m+Nunez kinda of bullsh*t deal in exchange for our Captain.

  9. #989
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Yup.. Thats why i say now is the best time to sell if Gerrard don't stay.


    My view is, if Gerrard signs, we are all happy. If he don't sign extension, sell him. Football is now serious business due to the Bosman Ruling....

    In the past, we can hold on to any players we want. Now, money talks. If Chelsea throw a 200,00pound/week contract at Gerrard, it would be silly for Liverpool to match it or for Gerrard to turn it down.

    It's true we don't want to be a selling club... but honestly, few clubs will be like Real and Chelsea, with such deep pockets. For example, realistically, Man U and AC do not have the money. AC cannot even buy Hespo outright so how to buy Gerrard? Only way for them is to sell Shev, which is impossible. Most likely is still down to Real and Chelsea, which interestingly appear to have an informal agreement not to outbid each other.Imagine if they have that agreement, no clubs can hold either one to Ransom.

    If Gerrard is sold for 32m pound as reported with another 3 m in future. We can strengthen by maybe buying Essen for say 20m pound, 15m pound for Robinho... who is to say we are having a short straw?
    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I hope your gut feeling will come true.

    Of course if we want to cash in..now is the best time.

    We dun want to have another Big Sale..ie..by end of next season for another 8m+Nunez kinda of bullsh*t deal in exchange for our Captain.

  10. #990
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default Liverpool turned down 32m offer fro Gerrard !!!

    LONDON, July 5 (Reuters) - Chelsea have made a bid for Liverpool captain Steven Gerrard but the European champions say they will turn it down.
    "I can confirm we have had a bid from Chelsea and that it will be rejected by us," Liverpool chief executive Rick Parry told BBC Sport on Tuesday.
    Newspapers had reported the English champions had bid a British record 32 million pounds ($56.28 million) to prise the inspirational England midfielder away from his hometown club.
    That would eclipse the 29.1 million pounds Manchester United paid to Leeds United for England defender Rio Ferdinand in 2002. Real Madrid are also rumoured to be interested in Gerrard.
    Liverpool are reported to have responded to a breakdown in talks with Gerrard over the weekend by offering him a two-year contract extension to 2009 on 100,000 pounds a week.
    The 25-year-old is thinking over the proposal made after the club held talks with Gerrard and his agent on Monday.
    Gerrard said nothing as he left Liverpool's Melwood training ground on Monday. Benitez earlier told a news conference he wanted the midfielder to stay at Liverpool for the rest of his career and could even become the club's next manager.
    Liverpool are preparing to face Welsh part-timers TNS in their Champions League first round qualifier on July 13 after winning the trophy against AC Milan in May.

  11. #991
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    15m pound for Robinho
    Brother...Robinho is for 50m lah...

    Eventhough Robinho join us..he is not the successor of our captain.

    He will not lift the whole team spirit and the fans morale like Gerrard did.

    btw...no supply, no hard tackle to challenge and no interception from gerrard...Robinho alone can;t do much.

    If we are under attack...we can trust that gerrard will run to die to cover the defence...but not Robinho , whoever, or Alonso.

    Read thetimeonoline...about Molinho...he comment that spanish is about more tactical , EPL is about passion.

    In the whole squad (current 1st 11)..I can only see Carra, Gerrard , Cisse really had the strong passion to fight for the team.

  12. #992
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Brother...Robinho is for 50m lah...

    Eventhough Robinho join us..he is not the successor of our captain.

    He will not lift the whole team spirit and the fans morale like Gerrard did.

    btw...no supply, no hard tackle to challenge and no interception from gerrard...Robinho alone can;t do much.

    If we are under attack...we can trust that gerrard will run to die to cover the defence...but not Robinho , whoever, or Alonso.

    Read thetimeonoline...about Molinho...he comment that spanish is about more tactical , EPL is about passion.

    In the whole squad (current 1st 11)..I can only see Carra, Gerrard , Cisse really had the strong passion to fight for the team.
    Bro... 50m US is the clause for Robinho. In any case, Real only bid abt 12m pound or 25m US for him, so if we bid about 30m US (15m pound), we may be in for a chance.

    As much as i agree that Gerrard is difficult to replace and he's passionate abt liverpool, sometimes, it can be a minus as well. Sometimes, Gerrard runs around like a headless chicken (same case for Beckham when he plays for England). When you take on other players' roles and responsibilities, it may not be a good thing. e.g. imagine if Gerrard comes to Traore's rescue every time there's a tackle to be made, how will Traore improves? Also, by moving forward and trying so many of his trademark (off target) long shots, he's depriving strikers like Baros and Cisse chances to score easier goals....

    Football is a team sport. You need balance and not just run on one man's passion. Just like an example i gave about Michael Jordan, he can score 50 every match but his team still lose. In football, it's like Shearer scoring every game for Newcastle 10 years ago, but they still lose to Man U. Overall strength and depth is more impt tahn 1 man's talent.

  13. #993

    Default

    Sell SG. 32M is lots of $$$. If we can use these $$ to get few top class players (if we can), then sell! No point force him to stay n his mind again is on somewhere else for the rest of the season.........unless he's really committed himself, not after loosing a few games n start thinking of leaving...that's wat's he did for last season!

  14. #994
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    he is leaving after all... crap

  15. #995
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    you will walk alone stevie g

  16. #996
    Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Eastern part of SIN
    Posts
    117

    Default

    just saw this article from liverpool website...

    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drill...50705-1435.htm

    "The club has made it crystal clear we want to keep Steven at Anfield. Sadly, he has told us this afternoon that he will not accept our offer of an improved and extended contract because he wants to leave Liverpool. We very much regret the decision he has taken."

    Gerard is leaving after all!!!!

  17. #997
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default At last, he admit it.

    I want to leave Anfield

    Veri joins AC after leaving Inter

    Wanted to be the good guy by saying that he is staying, but no choice after Liverpool reject Chelsea's bid and with Chelsea and Real's agreement of not competiting with the same player........bo bian liao!

    'Gerrard's confirmation that he did indeed want out would be sure to bring the Bernabeu club to the negotiating table.' - BBC Sport
    Last edited by afbug; 5th July 2005 at 10:19 PM.

  18. #998
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Well... i just hope we can get the best deal out of him since he;s a Euro champs now... not a bad deal, 1 yr on and his value increase by at least 10m pound....

    Liverpool is not a one man team and i am sure even if Gerrard is gone, we can still find success...Just like we won CL despite our "GOD" (Fowler) left us....

  19. #999
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    sh*t...my gut feeling come true...how I wish it is not .

    Gerrard refused to be LFC player even the club offered him an improved contract...

    OK..then ..no point liao..Now the best is to source the best buyer for him. 32m from cheslea ? what about Real madrid ?

    when Owen left us..we won the Champion League.
    let us win the EPL this season after Gerrard left us.

    Make Carra the captain. Indeed I wish that we can sell him to Chelsea.

    Let us play against him and beat Chelsea as a pounch on his face..

    Let us win the EPL whilst he is playing for another EPL club.

    Let Carra show off the EPL medal to him..

    I am just farking angry and felt piss off...

    X 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 5th July 2005 at 10:56 PM.

  20. #1000
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    this feeling is worse than when mickey mouse left last year...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •