Page 34 of 101 FirstFirst ... 92429323334353639445984 ... LastLast
Results 661 to 680 of 2020

Thread: LFC II - You'll never Walk Alone

  1. #661
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    aiyoh.brother..his 1st season with Liverpool..Heskey scored 22 goals.

    22 is more than 15.

    btw...60 goals in 4 season. Average 15 season.

    U still have not any another 2nd striker who could beat this number...

    Dun get me number of goal/min of play...or compared against Owen, Rush , Rolnando, Shevo...etc..

    Average 15 goals for 4 season during 2000-2004 (around that time).

    Remember , 2nd striker for the club.
    IF he scored 22 in 1 season, 14 in next and then 12 and 12 in the last 2... that means he flunk all but 1st season isn't it?

    Yes, alan smith fail every season. I have never regarded him as a top striker anyway. You also shd not forget that Smith is hardly the 1st striker in both Leeds and Man U. When in Leeds, Viduka is no. 1 and in Man U, he's prob 3 rd or 4th choice.

  2. #662
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    http://www.footballanorak.com/player_leagues.html

    Check out the stats... Based on EPL games, Heskey's scoring is 0.292, Crouch is 0.596. To put things in perspective, Heskey scored 9 goals in 33 starts or 2778 mins
    Crouch scored 12 goals (incl 1 penalty) in 18 starts or 1813 mins...

    top scorere is judged on number of goals scored in a season. Not number of goal/min of play.

    and if we look at assist on goal..heskey beat Crouch like Mike Tyson vs School boy.

    we can settle on this..if Crouch join Liverpool..he has to

    1) score more than 36 goals for 1st 2 seasons.
    or
    2) during his entire career with liverpool..he has to at least provide 16 goals in a season on average.

    if he does..u win...if he does not..I win.

  3. #663
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Yes, alan smith fail every season. I have never regarded him as a top striker anyway. You also shd not forget that Smith is hardly the 1st striker in both Leeds and Man U. When in Leeds, Viduka is no. 1 and in Man U, he's prob 3 rd or 4th choice.
    I never forget. Similiar I always remember heskey was not the 1st striker for LFC anyway.

  4. #664
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    aiyoh.brother..his 1st season with Liverpool..Heskey scored 22 goals.

    22 is more than 15.

    btw...60 goals in 4 season. Average 15 season.

    U still have not any another 2nd striker who could beat this number...

    Dun get me number of goal/min of play...or compared against Owen, Rush , Rolnando, Shevo...etc..

    Average 15 goals for 4 season during 2000-2004 (around that time).

    Remember , 2nd striker for the club.
    Second striker that scored more than Heskey? This season, there's Crouch (Philip shd be no. 1), Earnshaw (horsfield and campbell 1st choice, he is 3rd and only started a handful), Keane (defoe and kanoute ahead of him).

    Midfielders like Lampard, Cahill, Pires,Ljungberg, SWP also outscored him, Fowler, Hassebaink, Cole, 3 of the older and supposedly slower strikers also outscore or equal him.

    And bear in mind Heskey is 1st choice this season and started 33 games out of 38.

  5. #665
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    we can settle on this..if Crouch join Liverpool..he has to

    1) score more than 36 goals for 1st 2 seasons.
    or
    2) during his entire career with liverpool..he has to at least provide 16 goals in a season on average.

    if he does..u win...if he does not..I win.
    i dun think this bet will ever happen...since Crouch is not good enough to make to Liverpool anyway.

  6. #666
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    3,717

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    i dun think this bet will ever happen...since Crouch is not good enough to make to Liverpool anyway.
    Maybe.. maybe not. But if Crouch do sign and play as much as Heskey does, i am confident he will score more than Heskey.

    The key is whether he will play as much... and also like you have said, he play as 1st or 2nd striker.

  7. #667
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Second striker that scored more than Heskey? This season, there's Crouch (Philip shd be no. 1), Earnshaw (horsfield and campbell 1st choice, he is 3rd and only started a handful), Keane (defoe and kanoute ahead of him).
    u simply list 1 player for 1 season...like that I could also argue Heskey scored 22 his first season with Liverpool and Crouch onyl score 17 at his 1st season for Soton.

    Where is the common platform ?

    60 goals in 4 years.

  8. #668
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nemesis32
    Maybe.. maybe not. But if Crouch do sign and play as much as Heskey does, i am confident he will score more than Heskey.

    The key is whether he will play as much... and also like you have said, he play as 1st or 2nd striker.
    if he does sign and does not play as much as heskey. THis could be due to
    1) he is simply not good enough to get his place
    2) injury - simply not strong enough as heskey
    3) rotation - physically not strong enough to play in every game. Football is sports..u need fitness level..if u can only play 20 games a season..why for we need him ?

    even he play for 1st striker or 2nd striker...if Liverpool does sigh him...i bet he could not score an average of 15 goals during his entire career with LFC.

  9. #669

  10. #670
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    but we have to play 6 matches before we can reach the Group Stage.

    whole pre-season schedule now screwed up..

    I tot we should be in from 3rd qualifying round.

  11. #671

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    but we have to play 6 matches before we can reach the Group Stage.

    whole pre-season schedule now screwed up..

    I tot we should be in from 3rd qualifying round.
    sigh..


    in is in lor....

  12. #672
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    JB, SG
    Posts
    3,529

    Default

    of course...we should not have complaint..

    btw...as i mentioned earlier..i dun even bother to discuss whether it is fair to let them in..because I believe Liverpool will be in at nobody expense.

    now we have 6 matches to play...japan friendly, super cup, world club cup...wa liao....there is lots of game to play..

    we had released many players...but not signing yet.

    hope we won;t rush into get players to pay for a high price..

  13. #673

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    of course...we should not have complaint..

    btw...as i mentioned earlier..i dun even bother to discuss whether it is fair to let them in..because I believe Liverpool will be in at nobody expense.

    now we have 6 matches to play...japan friendly, super cup, world club cup...wa liao....there is lots of game to play..

    we had released many players...but not signing yet.

    hope we won;t rush into get players to pay for a high price..
    sigh...

    i am just tired...

    it's getting draggy and worn out....

  14. #674
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ibitemynails
    sigh...

    i am just tired...

    it's getting draggy and worn out....
    But its all over rite? Done and dusted. Liverpool will be the lowest seed English club and dun enjoy 'country protection'. TV pot will be split.........this is a joke--->If four English clubs reach the group stages, Chelsea will get 40%, Arsenal 30% and two out of Manchester United, Liverpool and Everton will get 15% each.

    If all five get through Uefa will think again.

    Those guys at UEFA like to think dun they?

    Full story

  15. #675

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    But its all over rite? Done and dusted. Liverpool will be the lowest seed English club and dun enjoy 'country protection'. TV pot will be split.........this is a joke--->If four English clubs reach the group stages, Chelsea will get 40%, Arsenal 30% and two out of Manchester United, Liverpool and Everton will get 15% each.

    If all five get through Uefa will think again.

    Those guys at UEFA like to think dun they?

    Full story
    they keep thinking....

  16. #676

    Default

    mixed feeling about this. our players have not been particularly robust and to ask them to play so many games could cost us badly and ruin the whole season.
    well, the bright side is that i think we'll see youngsters like mellor and welsh get more games especially in the less important tourneys like the super cup and world club championship. i just don't see us having the depth in quality to challenge on so many fronts especially if we don't strenghten the team significantly. and with 30mil, i doubt it is enough. get one or two good players, and sign a few promising youngsters may be the way to go.

    about crouch and heskey, i'd say they are both even in my eyes but heskey holds a slight edge in his speed and strength. but the key is that i don't think either is realistically good enough. are we signing a backup striker or are we looking for someone who can lead our frontline, if not now, then in the future? these guys are good to have in the team certainly but i feel we need someone more dynamic.

    btw, nemesis, sorry but i have to disagree with you in that recoba or riquelme has no place in the team cos we have garcia, kewell, alonso and gerrard. the latter 2 are great but i feel that our attack is predictable and we need someone who is able to move intelligently off the ball. alonso prefers to hang back and gerrard still overextends himself and is not wily enough. recoba plays off the main forward and can create openings with his skill and movement. he can also pass well. same for riquelme (look at match vs brazil).
    having hese guys in front of alonso and gerrard can be more effective that having a battering ram like crouch. just imagine someone releasing the pace of ciise with some slick touches. garcia is supposed to play that role but despites his goals, his passes have yet to impress me. simply put, he cannot create chances and when he tries to be skillful, he loses the ball. kewell? maybe if he regains his confidence. only worry is of course, that these skillful players are often battered by premiership defenders. i do feel recoba is better able to cope than aimar or riquelme.

  17. #677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    it's a bloody joke that's what it is. they thought to please everybody, but like every bureaucrat in existence, they end up ruining the whole thing. so why bother to win the CL? let us concentrate on the EPL and just qualify for the CL. you may even get more TV money that way...

  18. #678

    Default

    It will the a huge joke if .."touch wood.." Liverpool lost it first qfy round!!!!!!
    AND damn embarrassing !!!

  19. #679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Speedwagon
    It will the a huge joke if .."touch wood.." Liverpool lost it first qfy round!!!!!!
    AND damn embarrassing !!!
    i agree...


    sigh..


    actually i rather we not play in CL...

  20. #680
    Senior Member zhapchit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    North-East
    Posts
    693

    Default

    damn! we're gonna win the CL again!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •